Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks Stut! I will try not to rest too much. My chiro has given me exercises called Foundation Training, have you ever hear of that? Very simple movements that are isometric and target strengthening the core and back muscles. I'm going to be very good about doing them every day. There are videos you can follow so that makes it easier. Definitely hurting bad today :(

Suzy, you have acid reflux and burning mouth? Could your most just be burning from the acid? When I had very bad reflux in my acute days, my tongue hurt really bad and I learned it was from the acid. The worst!!! I'm so sorry you are dealing with that.

I just got a call from the pet microchip company in Portland, they called to tell me that my ex has taken my name off of our cat's microchip and do I approve. I just said yes because they have been living with him for 2 years now, but as soon as I hung up I just started crying so hard. I miss my cats so much but I don't have a place for them right now plus it would be a big fight with my ex who won't speak to me since I broke up with him. I've snuck over there a few times when I am in Portland to see the cats, when he is not home, but it is all very sad. They are my babies. But they are happy where they are and that's the most important thing. Sigh. Thanks for listening.

Thanks mm,

I'm not sure I can gargle with that again. Omg.It's horrible. Maybe it will work. I'm sure it's the benzo. At least I got my thyroid checked, so that good. I just cant believe my stomach, a mess. 9k. I'll stop complaining. Enso, they are slooowwww! You will get it. I hope soon  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: Are any of you guys having vivid dreams. People  from the past. Last two nights woah! Crazy dreams!

Yes I have like 1 or 2 a month. Lol.  I hate they are so vivid and real and usually not scary but unsettling.  It's a very common symptom.  I wish you could taste my liquid Diazapam, now at least I don't have to gargle with it, but the guy that named it Chernobyl Toilet Seat 💺 nailed it.  :laugh: :laugh:  I have to drink something with it.  It is just 🤢 nasty.  I'm thinking about you DD, if you need to talk, I am always here for you.  💜💜

Thanks Stut! I will try not to rest too much. My chiro has given me exercises called Foundation Training, have you ever hear of that? Very simple movements that are isometric and target strengthening the core and back muscles. I'm going to be very good about doing them every day. There are videos you can follow so that makes it easier. Definitely hurting bad today :(

Suzy, you have acid reflux and burning mouth? Could your most just be burning from the acid? When I had very bad reflux in my acute days, my tongue hurt really bad and I learned it was from the acid. The worst!!! I'm so sorry you are dealing with that.

I just got a call from the pet microchip company in Portland, they called to tell me that my ex has taken my name off of our cat's microchip and do I approve. I just said yes because they have been living with him for 2 years now, but as soon as I hung up I just started crying so hard. I miss my cats so much but I don't have a place for them right now plus it would be a big fight with my ex who won't speak to me since I broke up with him. I've snuck over there a few times when I am in Portland to see the cats, when he is not home, but it is all very sad. They are my babies. But they are happy where they are and that's the most important thing. Sigh. Thanks for listening.

OK, I am sorry, I know that hurt and it was so unexpected, but you did the right thing and that's what is important.  You let them go because you love them.  My heart hurts for you though.  :( :(.

Can I find those exercises on line ?  I hate to ask while you are so sad  :-[.  Love you girl, Mary 💜💜

Intend, we would all like to know how you are doing.  Miss you and think of you.  I am so glad Mary is close now.  It was a good time for her to move home.  Hope Dan, Pepper and Brad are all well. Please be safe .  Love Mary 🌹🌹🐈🐾🐾🚂🚂🚂🚂

Hi ok,

I do have acid reflux. Not all the time but sometimes. I got some prolesic, I hope it helps. My thyroid us off again too. I dont want to gargle with that stuff again. It hurts. I hope you back starts I provided g soon. Glad your doing excercises. Stay safe!! Ly dd

ok, I am sorry about your cats. I am the same way. I'm always bawling over animals. When I lost mine you might as have well just ripped my heart out. Still missing them. They are safe. I wish you could snatch them back. They know you love them. I understand the pain. I hope you are feeling a little better. ❤😢

It's truly terrible. I used to get so suicidal every month it was like I was cheating death each time. Now that I am close to 15 months off it's better and mostly just physical symptoms now but it's still bad. I'm almost 47 too so I think I might be hitting peri-menopause too which makes it so much worse. I have gained a ton of weight, my hair is falling out, skin breaking out, and just feel awful. I never felt this way before benzos but I was two years younger when I started them.

I just started taking EstroProtect to try and help with the symptoms but I'm scared to death because it's a supplement and I haven't taken anything other than fish oil periodically because I'm afraid to. I'm desperate though so I'm going to try. Wish me luck!

Good afternoon LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

I am in work so this is going to be short and sweet.Thank you Olive l don't know about glue but l am here anyway 😉.l think it's essential to have a little group of people on this forum who are using different techniques to taper not just push on and get off.l feel very strongly that more people are suffering more after their taper because that is the advice that is served up daily on this forum.Anyway you certainly did the right thing and l have no doubt it is paying off for you now.Try not to rest too much my lovely.l also want you to be very aware of how you hold yourself when you are moving about.Try not to tense up your muscles.We tend to overcompensate so relax your muscles as much as possible.Keep at the stretches and the ice and heat pads.It will ease off.love you.X

Morning Suzy have you had your mouth checked for oral thrush or infection?Have you checked to insure that burning mouth syndrome isn't a side effect of any of the medication you are taking?I hope it eases off sweetheart.Sip water and stay away from spicy food.love you.X

Morning Twiny God you are a ray of sunshine 😵. Well my reasons for tapering haven't changed l want this damn drug out of my system as it is making me worse.l know you have felt less depression since you lowered your dose.It is definitely worth the effort in my opinion.As unpleasant as it is l think it will be worth it in the end.I would say that old shit that owns Amazon owes you and Mary a big thank you for his billions 😡. love you my lST X

Morning lady Mary l hope you start to feel better.My right shoulder is a killer that was my lifting arm when l had to lift patients about so it is always going to be hit by benzo withdrawal.Keep stretching honey and don't forget to watch your diet.We have to do what we can to get through this and l have no doubt we will.Keep strong honey.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning MM glad you are not going to cut for a while.l know the temptation to overcut however you seem to have a good attitude and a lot of common sense which will keep you straight.We are here so stay with us and we will support through this.love to you.X

Morning Intend Gilly Troch Valley Free Meems Val Final Bill Miyu Nova Esperanza GP NJ and everyone here sending you my love.X

Oh don't listen to me Stut I just go dark with my thoughts from time to time. I want off this drug too and will probably make a cut this month. I'm not looking forward to it that's for sure. I haven't been under 1 mg since I was 34 yrs old that's 23 yrs ago 😳.. But seriously though this covid shit has my knickers in a twist.  :D I don't know if I'm coming or going most days. Half the time I don't even know what damn day of the week it is. I'm really starting to get very attached to my couch, my ass is totally in love with it :laugh: :laugh:

I hope you have a lovely weekend twinny. 🙂

Love you!

LST ❤️

Hey everyone on Long Hold, hoping your day isn't too bad.  Been thinking about you all.  FH, Meems, GP, Vali, Espy, Intend, NJ, Bill, Olive Kitty, please post if you can.  Sorry, if I forget anyone, not you TT, who could forget you  :laugh: 

Stut, you get a line all your own.    Love you all.  Mary 💚💚💚

You best not forget me woman!  :laugh: :laugh:

DD, I'm sorry about your tongue that must be so uncomfortable and painful. I know if it were me I would just use my painful tongue as an excuse to eat delicious ice cold ice cream :D:laugh: I hope you feel better ♥️

Troch, hang in there. You're doing really well. You go through shit but you always bounce back. You'll get through this.

Olive, you poor sweet woman. I'm sure you're absolutely heart broken. I get it as an animal lover myself I feel your pain. You'll have cats again one day. I know you miss these two but you did what was best for them. That's being a good cat mom. Just cry and feel what you feel, it's good to just let it all out. So give yourself permission to grieve. When the time is right you will have another fur baby or two. Sending you hugs ♥️

To everyone else, hang in there buddies,  we are the LHSG'ERS and we are LHSG strong 💪

TT ❤️

OK, I am sorry, I know that hurt and it was so unexpected, but you did the right thing and that's what is important.  You let them go because you love them.  My heart hurts for you though.  :( :(.

Can I find those exercises on line ?  I hate to ask while you are so sad  :-[.  Love you girl, Mary 💜💜

OK I just looked at video of those exercises, if I could do those, I wouldn't be in pain.    ;D:laugh:

If you try, tell me how you do and maybe give me some courage  ;)

Aww thanks tt. Eating helps for some reason.

It feels like a jalapeno pepper in my mouth. I just did the medicine and cant eat or drink for 2o min. I think it's from benzo or my thyroid. My tongue has nothing on it. Grossness. it feels like lately all there is to look forward to I'd food!!! Mmmmm ice cream.  Glad things are manageable for you and your daughter is getting better. Stay safe ly dd ❤❤🙏

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone's night was relaxing and provided the strength to get through the day.

So here I am another sleepless night, slight fear of falling asleep due to a scary symptom last night.

Vivid dreams are definitely a symptom of diazepam withdrawal, in fact I believe I started to get them around when I first started my diazepam script in 2015.

However now they are so intense and most nights are nightmares that I can remember most of them so well right through the day, almost feel like the character in nightmare on elm street and no longer look forward to sleep :o

Also the symptom that's keeping me awake which appeared just once last night which was really scary. I woke up in the middle of the night stood up in the corner of the room and looked towards the window with this feeling of impending doom. I didn't recognize my bedroom nor my surroundings until about what I feel was three minutes after being awake.

I googled the symptoms and it appears to be and I quote from a sleep disorder website "A 'confusional arousal' is when a sleeping person appears to wake up but their behavior is unusual or strange. The individual may be disoriented, unresponsive, have slow speech or confused thinking"

I'm curious if anyone had this type of symptom?

My morning nausea has settled, however from reading others symptoms on here I seem to have benzobelly, the acid reflux is horrible so I got some gaviscon cool (a anti acid) however it says not too use for longer than a week :tickedoff: so a friend gave me a suggestion of making mint tea, cooling it to room temperature and adding 1/2 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate which helps a little and can be taken long term.

All other symptoms have settled luckily, its just the two above that don't want to budge  :-[

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! We just celebrated VE day here in the UK with fabulous weather which was nice. Since the lockdown I don't think I have ever seen London so quiet, yet the news keeps reporting people filling up parks and breaking lockdown rules in the UK which doesn't seem to be the case here

Aw thanks Mary, Suzy, Trishy you are so sweet about my kitties. It is crazy how much I miss them. When my 18 year old kitty died I cried for 2 months, and then periodically after that for a few years. Now I have my mom's cat scooter to keep me company, and she is so wonderful. But I miss my two babies in Portland and I feel guilty for leaving them, but yes, they are happy and know that I love them. Some days I realized I have not thought of them that day and I feel guilty.

Yes Mary it sounds like you found the exercises online. I actually subscribe and pay $15 a month for the daily videos. So far it has not been too hard, mostly just breathing deep body decompression breaths and standing very rooted on the ground, and moving your hands together and arms up to create strength in the body. I have been doing them for a week or so and they have definitely not made me any worse.

Suzy I'm on Omeprazole, which is a PPI just like Prosilec. Good for short term but I would say try not to be on it for too long.. it does create rebound reflux when you try to get off of it (sound familiar?) I am currently tapering my Omeprazole, I was on 40mg and I'm down to about 10mg.

MMXV I have not experienced that but it does sound scary! I have experienced other sleep things like sleep paralysis which is terrifying. I get it every other month or so. It used to happen to me before Benzos though so it is not a w/d symptom for me. I hope that passes quickly for you!

MMXV, I haven't heard of that symptom but it wouldn't surprise me if it's withdrawal.  If you ask the question on Withdrawal Support thread, a lot more people will read it and hopefully you will get more answers.  It sounds terrifying, I hope it goes away quickly.  I am so sorry you don't look forward to sleep, that's the best part of my day right now, I have the vivid dreams once in awhile, don't like them, but don't have enough to keep me from looking forward to sleep?  Really hope things get better soon MMXV, Mary 💜💜

Hi ok,

I'll probably just take it for a week. Usually when i get this it's not that bad. This is different. If I take to man get it. Probably benzo belly and I swear my mouth is sensitive to cleaning products. I am the same way with my cats. I feel guilt when I left for work.  :-[

Mmxv,

I have been having crazy vivid dreams. Some are pretty good and sometimes I'm fighting with ppl, or old memories. Maybe it's our brains healing. I think in the Ashton manual she talks about dreams. The benzo belly acid. It's like it distended up to your chest and you cant bend. Fun stuff! Hang in there, we will get through this somehow!! Stay safe! Also, I have heard of ppl having weird dreams because of the pa demic. Kind of interesting how that effects the mind too! We have both!! 🤣🤣🙏

Aw thanks Mary, Suzy, Trishy you are so sweet about my kitties. It is crazy how much I miss them. When my 18 year old kitty died I cried for 2 months, and then periodically after that for a few years. Now I have my mom's cat scooter to keep me company, and she is so wonderful. But I miss my two babies in Portland and I feel guilty for leaving them, but yes, they are happy and know that I love them. Some days I realized I have not thought of them that day and I feel guilty.

Yes Mary it sounds like you found the exercises online. I actually subscribe and pay $15 a month for the daily videos. So far it has not been too hard, mostly just breathing deep body decompression breaths and standing very rooted on the ground, and moving your hands together and arms up to create strength in the body. I have been doing them for a week or so and they have definitely not made me any worse.

Suzy I'm on Omeprazole, which is a PPI just like Prosilec. Good for short term but I would say try not to be on it for too long.. it does create rebound reflux when you try to get off of it (sound familiar?) I am currently tapering my Omeprazole, I was on 40mg and I'm down to about 10mg.

MMXV I have not experienced that but it does sound scary! I have experienced other sleep things like sleep paralysis which is terrifying. I get it every other month or so. It used to happen to me before Benzos though so it is not a w/d symptom for me. I hope that passes quickly for you!

:hug:  :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Olivekitty, im sorry you keep experiencing sleep paralysis, i have experienced it in the past also but i put it down to my irregular sleeping pattern and a lack of sleep for several days sometimes. However it became so annoying at some points, that i tried different techniques to not have a huge affect. Like trying to sleep on your side, and avoiding sleeping on your back. also wearing an eye mask made a huge difference. Also leaving the tv on or some relaxing classical music on if you have spotify or youtube a dim light also helps so its not so dark and quiet to let the hallucinations go wild. Do you think you may have an idea of why you may be experiencing SP?

I stayed up until 6am until i couldn't stay awake any longer, i think due to being so tired i slept through until noon without waking in between. I may just wait for sleep to come from now and not force it, the symptom was almost like sleep paralysis without the physical paralysis:(

I hope your having a nice weekend:)

MMXV, I haven't heard of that symptom but it wouldn't surprise me if it's withdrawal.  If you ask the question on Withdrawal Support thread, a lot more people will read it and hopefully you will get more answers.  It sounds terrifying, I hope it goes away quickly.  I am so sorry you don't look forward to sleep, that's the best part of my day right now, I have the vivid dreams once in awhile, don't like them, but don't have enough to keep me from looking forward to sleep?  Really hope things get better soon MMXV, Mary 💜💜

Hey Mary, thanks i'll post it in the thread if it happens again. Even though I fell asleep at 6am, I slept without waking up right up to noon :) 6hrs I can handle. I may from now wait for sleep to come naturally even if I am awake till the early hours of the morning, it may possibly be something to do with how tired I am or a surge in adrenaline whilst asleep. It felt like I lost my mind there for a moment.

The damn vivid dreams, I hope you have nice ones. I must of had them for 5 years now so im pretty used to them, the ones that I hate are recurring nightmare and for some reason I get a lot of dreams of old memories which makes it feel even more real. Unfortunately I've not found any way to reduce them, but found a slight pattern in the more tired I am the less likely I will have one. So exhausting yourself through the day helps to avoid them for me.

I hope your having a wonderful weekend, not sure what side of the pond your at but the weather here has been fabulous over the weekend :smitten:

Hey Mary, thanks i'll post it in the thread if it happens again. Even though I fell asleep at 6am, I slept without waking up right up to noon :) 6hrs I can handle. I may from now wait for sleep to come naturally even if I am awake till the early hours of the morning, it may possibly be something to do with how tired I am or a surge in adrenaline whilst asleep. It felt like I lost my mind there for a moment.

The damn vivid dreams, I hope you have nice ones. I must of had them for 5 years now so im pretty used to them, the ones that I hate are recurring nightmare and for some reason I get a lot of dreams of old memories which makes it feel even more real. Unfortunately I've not found any way to reduce them, but found a slight pattern in the more tired I am the less likely I will have one. So exhausting yourself through the day helps to avoid them for me.

I hope your having a wonderful weekend, not sure what side of the pond your at but the weather here has been fabulous over the weekend :smitten:

My vivid dreams are usually not scary, just disturbing, glad I don't have many  ;)  I am on the Texas side of the pond  :D  The weather was gorgeous today.  I hope you get more good sleep  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi ok,

I'll probably just take it for a week. Usually when i get this it's not that bad. This is different. If I take to man get it. Probably benzo belly and I swear my mouth is sensitive to cleaning products. I am the same way with my cats. I feel guilt when I left for work.  :-[

Mmxv,

I have been having crazy vivid dreams. Some are pretty good and sometimes I'm fighting with ppl, or old memories. Maybe it's our brains healing. I think in the Ashton manual she talks about dreams. The benzo belly acid. It's like it distended up to your chest and you cant bend. Fun stuff! Hang in there, we will get through this somehow!! Stay safe! Also, I have heard of ppl having weird dreams because of the pa demic. Kind of interesting how that effects the mind too! We have both!! 🤣🤣🙏

Hey Dehytq2, Vivid dreams can feel almost like you've been tortured in your sleep after waking up especially the horrible ones. Have you notice anything that helps to reduce them or any pattern in occurrence?

Wow you hit the spot on benzobelly! Today I had a lot of errands to do, and by evening I started to feel the heartburn again so took two anti acids which didn't really help and I bent to grab a cold drink from the fridge well that was a wrong move. Now right from my my chest to the back of my throat is burning. But the nausea is horrible, I've been trying to see what could be making it worse but my diet is pretty simple, perhaps it could be the salad dressing with lemon I may have to cut out :-\ Have you found anything that helps you with the benzobelly?

I read a news article something down the line of an increase of vivid dreams among patients, there is research showing that it may infect the brain also which is worrying but it's too early to say. I think with sars cov 2 if in the unlikely event of catching it getting through the infection is one stage but there is also a long recovery of up to 2 months or so with numerous lingering symptoms.

I hope your having a great weekend!

Hi mmxv,

Its seems like I have more vivid dreams if I wake up in the middle of the night and go back to sleep. Also, if you are reading or watching something disturbing before bed. Maybe try to listen to funny or happy thing. With the acid it's best to avoid citrus fruits, coffee, soda, chocolate, cigarettes. I did alot of ab work and then my stomach blew up  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: cant win. Plus I think every once in a while if I take too much aspirin it happens. Prilosec  helps. I take it for a few days andit's gone. I hope you are feeling better. It just feels like you eat the wrong thing or maybe stress and it blows up. Very uncomfortable!!

Happy mother's day to the LHSG moms, fur mom's and mom's to humans  :laugh: :laugh:

My kids came over to see me from afar ( 6 feet 😉) they brought me flowers and gift cards and my granddaughter drew me a beautiful picture on canvas of a huge flower with two giant butterflies and a fairy in it! She's 6 😂😂 I will hang it proudly 🤗 my grandson gave me a single yellow rose and a picture of himself which I will also hang proudly. It was a very nice day considering the circumstances. I hope everyone here enjoyed the weekend.

I know there was talk of sleep paralysis.. yup have had it, it's friggin SCARY 😱 You wake up and can't move a muscle, you're fully aware that you're awake yet you can't move anything, you can't even blink! I thank God have not had that in years and years. It used to happen when I drank a lot in my late teens early 20's . I believe it's linked to anxiety and sleep patterns getting all out of wack. I feel sorry for anybody who experiences this, it's no fun! Also the vivid dreaming count me in on that too! I would love to tell you the vivid dream I had last night but it's R rated!! 😉 I was disappointed when I worked up 😂😂.. maybe I'm watching too much OUTLANDER! Anybody who watches knows he ( Jamie) is super hot 🔥😉.. anyway I think my vivid dreaming started when things got ugly with covid ☹️ I think mine is stress related and it's coming out in my sleep. I dream in color too. The other night I had a dream and it was very bloody that's all I'll say about that unpleasant dream 😱

Love you guys, hang in there!

TT ❤️ 🌹🌺🌻🌸🌼💐

Oh my goodness where are all the people? Hope everyone is doing ok today?

Where's Cherry Mary? I hope you're ok girlfriend? Usually when you're quiet you're in pain 😔.. hope that's not the case. 🙏

Thinking of you all, be well everyone!

Trishy ♥️

[90...]