Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Since we are basically ground zero here in San Antonio, I am thinking about buying masks anyway.

I don't worry, I have no control, but if it gets worse, I might be worrying.  The one place we do go, The damn Dr's office,but my pain Dr prescribes for me, so most of the patients are there for pain and not illnesses.  Still might wear my mask.  ;). This is one good lesson in letting go and letting God.  Try not to worry, you worrying changes nothing but anxiety for you.  We will all be here together and hopefully this won't be as bad as they think.  Damn Trump.    :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Hi all, checking in.  The coronavirus is a scary thing and it’s REAL threat and has the risk to be a pandemic.  I am infuriated with how our government is handling it.  I don’t care who believes what or who they support, this IS the role of government to protect people especially those who are uninsured or underinsured and to have a sufficient CDC in place with the full resources.  The conspiracy theories are BS.  I was watching the news too and for the first time thought “holy sh*t this is serious.”  I think I’ll skip the press conference.  It’s all lies anyways. 

Just want to get current.  Got to take Maggie to the vet tomorrow.  She has very bad teeth and is struggling with eating as I think her gums may be inflamed.  Last check up the vet saw periodontal disease and big chunks of tartar and the tech tried to pluck them off but it was too painful for her.  We didn’t choose to do any anesthetic cleaning yet cause we wanted to wait a couple months to retest her kidney levels.  I’ve had anxiety in the pit of my stomach all day.  Vet appt is tomorrow.  My animals are my kids and this breaks my heart.  Both of my cats are seniors. 

I’m feeling ok today except for the anxiety about Maggie and crappy sleep.  The waking up in dread and sweating is back. Wondering how much of it is bwd or perimenopause.  I can’t tell anymore with anything. As far as my taper, I’m holding for a while more.  My last attempt at a cut was a single dry cut of 10%. I don’t think I can do more than freaking 3% via a dmt.  Don’t know for how long I’ll hold.  With everything going on and most likely having to get a job I may be holding for a long time.  But I want so bad, like we all do, to be moving along and done with this process.

Trishy- I am so open to faiths of all kind.  Even none at all. I was raised catholic and forgot it was Ash Wednesday.  I did remember it was Fat Tuesday yesterday.  Ha. I think that’s a great practice to let go of fear.  I need to practice that in so many areas.  I support you and your cut this weekend.  I hope it goes smooth. 

You guys are sounding good.  DD, awesome you have no typos.  😊.

Mary- I hope your cut goes smooth. 

Olive- as serious as the virus is, your right we don’t go anywhere so we have that going for us. That made me laugh. 

Stut- you are so wise and full of love. 

Everyone else- I love you 💕

Meems

Wow! I need to keep up..duh. It's in Mass Tt? I live in Mass. 8 guess if it was that bad, they would be telling us to  wear masks..blahs, blahs, blahs. Idk. Sometimes I think the news is overly dramatic. Scare the crap out of ppl. This does sound bad. Well, I will watch tonight and see what he says.  I forgot it was Ash Wednesday.  Shoot! 

Wow! I need to keep up..duh. It's in Mass Tt? I live in Mass. 8 guess if it was that bad, they would be telling us to  wear masks..blahs, blahs, blahs. Idk. Sometimes I think the news is overly dramatic. Scare the crap out of ppl. This does sound bad. Well, I will watch tonight and see what he says.  I forgot it was Ash Wednesday.  Shoot!

Hi dd, yes two cases in your state I believe. I agree news does try to hype up but when this comes from CDC and the world health organization I listen 😳.. so they say to prepare for communal spread. There's much more but you'll have to put the news on. I watch CNN. So if you want to find out more watch a major world news station. President is downplaying all this bc he's up for re election as you know and he needs a strong economy to boast about, stock market is on a downward trend bc of this virus and that he cannot have.. So he'll be on at 6 but don't listen to him, listen to CDC.

Oh Meems , sorry about your cat, it is so hard when they are in pain or don't feel good.  I hope her kidneys are ok and she can have the cleaning procedure done.  My last cat lived to be 19.  At the time she passed away, I had her just a little less than half my life.  That was tough.  Fingers crossed.  Glad you are feeling better.  LY!  Hey, can you be looking for work at home jobs, there are so many more than there use to be.  💜💜

The percentaje of people who die of this virus is quite low. Maybe I should worry more but I don't want to. It's pandemic so I guess we'll probably all get it but very few die of it. As strange as it might sound, I'd rather die than be cut off the valium CT, so I guess that's why this virus is not my main fear. I'm scared of it but not that scared (at least yet). And anyway there's nothing I can do about it. If it's going to get me it's going to get me. As for children and teenagers, the percentage of deaths in that population is insignificant. My daughter says if I die she'll manage, even if I don't think so. And lately I believe her.

I think few people will die but how the world economy is going to overcome this is another matter. I really hope it doesn't last and they find a vaccine soon.

The percentaje of people who die of this virus is quite low. Maybe I should worry more but I don't want to. It's pandemic so I guess we'll probably all get it but very few die of it. As strange as it might sound, I'd rather die than be cut off the valium CT, so I guess that's why this virus is not my main fear. I'm scared of it but not that scared (at least yet). And anyway there's nothing I can do about it. If it's going to get me it's going to get me. As for children and teenagers, the percentage of deaths in that population is insignificant. My daughter says if I die she'll manage, even if I don't think so. And lately I believe her.

I think few people will die but how the world economy is going to overcome this is another matter. I really hope it doesn't last and they find a vaccine soon.

That's kind of me too Vali, you can only worry about so much, and all of us already meet that threshold.

Mary 💜,

That's kind of me too Vali, you can only worry about so much, and all of us already meet that threshold.

Mary 💜,

I'd say I was mildly concerned before but now I'm worried. I didn't like what I heard today. Nothing we can do but be prepared whatever that means. I wish they'd explain what they mean by prepare. I know they talked about schools closing, maybe other facilities as well. I worry more about it paralyzing our establishments like grocery stores, things that are necessary for us to live. I'm going to watch more coverage on it in the coming days.

thanks Mary.  I will look into the work at home jobs.  I’m an executive assistant and I know they have virtual assistant jobs out there.  However, I think getting out of this house away from my mom would do healing wonders for me.  I just don’t know how I could work without being 100% cognitively.  I know holds help but we still get sxs.  I’d have to take a very low stress job with a salary cut in half. 

I hope Maggie will be ok.  She’s sitting right here by me purring.  But I heard cats can purr sometimes when they are in pain.  And as I type she keeps pulling my arm with her claws to pet her.  Claws which need to be trimmed tomorrow. Owwwww.  I wish they could talk.  I tried opening her mouth to look at her teeth and she wouldn’t let me. 😞

Mary 💜,

I'd say I was mildly concerned before but now I'm worried. I didn't like what I heard today. Nothing we can do but be prepared whatever that means. I wish they'd explain what they mean by prepare. I know they talked about schools closing, maybe other facilities as well. I worry more about it paralyzing our establishments like grocery stores, things that are necessary for us to live. I'm going to watch more coverage on it in the coming days.

Watch MSNBC, great news.  it's what me and Intend watch all the time ;).  And I really like the commentators.

thanks Mary.  I will look into the work at home jobs.  I’m an executive assistant and I know they have virtual assistant jobs out there.  However, I think getting out of this house away from my mom would do healing wonders for me.  I just don’t know how I could work without being 100% cognitively.  I know holds help but we still get sxs.  I’d have to take a very low stress job with a salary cut in half. 

I hope Maggie will be ok.  She’s sitting right here by me purring.  But I heard cats can purr sometimes when they are in pain.  And as I type she keeps pulling my arm with her claws to pet her.  Claws which need to be trimmed tomorrow. Owwwww.  I wish they could talk.  I tried opening her mouth to look at her teeth and she wouldn’t let me. 😞

That's what my husband and I say all the time, " we wish they could talk, at least when they are sick or in pain". :(.

Mary 💜,

Watch MSNBC, great news.  it's what me and Intend watch all the time ;).  And I really like the commentators.

I like MSNBC but CNN is my favorite, been watching them for years. At one time I went back and forth between the two, especially when Obama was running for president.

Ok so I'm watching CNN now and they were talking about preparedness and one thing they mentioned was to have a good supply of prescription medication on hand.. Really?? And how might we get a good supply of benzos on hand?? What a joke. Good thing we all hoard.

I know some let you do both, work some days from home , come into the office a couple days.  May take a little longer finding or bring it up as part of compensation.  i don't think you would be as tired or anxious but if getting away from mom is most important, I will shut up  :laugh: :laugh:

Make sure everyone is washing there hands. Especially, if you go out. How can we have president. Meds on hands. Were lucky if we can get them to begin with!

Meems, I wouldn't make it a day with my mother. I give you credit. She would stress me out. I hope your kitty is ok. I'm sorry. Maybe you could take walks. I'd say go shopping if you are able but with this virus, I would wait.

Ok so I'm watching CNN now and they were talking about preparedness and one thing they mentioned was to have a good supply of prescription medication on hand.. Really?? And how might we get a good supply of benzos on hand?? What a joke. Good thing we all hoard.

My next Dr appointment is March 30.  We may need to discuss extra doses and refill or something.

I have a small stash but not enough to get me through a pandemic and she is very reasonable so I am sure she would help me figure out something. 

Omg, we would be in bwd in a pandemic.  Wtf. If worst co m.h es to worst I'll suit up to get to the dr for mtpy meds!🤣😫

Lol, lol.  Talk to Dr next visit like me and knowing how risky it may be,hopefully she will give extra refills. I am going to ask mine.  We are going to be fine DD, don't work yourself up.  Just wash your hands a lot and maybe buy masks off Amazon  :smitten: :smitten:

Haha mm!

I will do that.  Man. Do we ever have a dull moment!!  :o❤❤☘

Hey, my hubby just said, this is viral, so no antibiotics!!    :D :D

[1b...]