Thyroid issues???

[Ki...]

do you think that an endocrinologist is the one I should go for this ?

my thyroid t4 was in the range limit but upward range limit 9,5ug/dl,  free t4 was 1,53 ng/dl, does it correlate with your levels at the time of your diagnosis?

thyroglobulin was 435ng/dl , extremely high, now the pet results above, no wonder I was feeling so awfull at the time

It depends on the range for each test and the range is different with every laboratory/company as is the manner in which they do the test. Already I can see differences between your test results and mine (I am in Australia, so things also vary country to country).

Free T3 and Free T4 are more relevant that T3 and T4 as the "free" part is what is available. 

Also whether you have had the test for antibodies and the level of antibodies shown on the test.

For Graves' the antibodies test is TSH Receptor which shows TSH receptor antibodies (TRAb Thyroid Receptor Antibodies) but there are also other antibodies that are relevant in different situations such as antithyroid antibodies; antimicrosomal antibody; thyroid microsomal antibody; thyroperoxidase antibody; TPOAb; anti-TPO; antithyroglobulin antibody; TGAb;

I don't know which other of these might be relevant to your situation. So you definitely need to see the Endo.

EG: my first and latest test results:

Test    range

TSH  (0.50-4.5) mIU/L    <0.01  4.33   

Free T4 (10-20) pmol/L      33    16   

Free T3 (3.1-5.4) pmol/L    13.6  4.4

TSH Receptor IU/L             

(<=1.75) IU/L  (TRAb)        11.5    2.17 (this is the antibody level that causes hyper)

This is a link to the Australia Royal College of General Practitioners guide for how to use diagnostic testing, there are good flowcharts that help to explain diagnosis of different thyroid issues:

https://www1.racgp.org.au/ajgp/2021/january-february/thyroid-disease-using-diagnostic-tools-effectively

thanks for the info, I tested for TPO, it was negative but none of the other tests, let's see what the endo will recommend to figure out what this↑ is, and how are my levels by now, thanks again for the info

Sorry Deniz, my pc shutdown, then dinnertime etc.

I hope you get a good result from the dr. If nothings else you may have an answer to why you’ve not felt great & some sort of answer can be helpful.

Let us know how you go!

Whenever my TSH was at a 4 or above, I felt awful.  My muscles felt weak and I had no energy, plus I also gained weight too.  I keep mine around a 2 now with my thyroid med. I take.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever my TSH was at a 4 or above, I felt awful.  My muscles felt weak and I had no energy, plus I also gained weight too.  I keep mine around a 2 now with my thyroid med. I take.

Hi Becks,

You are right of course! Apparently when your tsh is above 2 it can also cause cardiovascular issues too. There is research to confirm this. I keep asking my Endo if this is why I still feel rubbish (my tsh is 3 something now, it was 4) but he says "it's in range" but I also know from a fb graves research group that tsh should be under 2 but also between 1.2-1.5 for most people to feel optimal.

I'm glad you can keep yours where you need it.