Lexapro in protracted benzo withdrawal

[fo...]

Hello my friend,

After a horrible set back from a steroid given for bells palsy, I had to try something I was losing my mind with doom type panic not sleeping for weeks at a time it was an absolutely nightmare, I'm actually not even sure how I survived to be completely honest. I was given escitalopram, lexapro same thing, I was getting horrible stomach pains so I tried different generic brands,  I noticed different variations of the generic medication do very different things to me at least, Apo, Mylan and the brand name gave me chemical anxiety, I was only taking 1\32 of a pill, amounts that supposedly should do nothing. When I tried TEVA , again at a very low dose it had none of those anxiety characteristics, all it did was Take Me Out of that panic state, for some odd reason it worked, of course my doctor didn't believe me, but I was working with him to try to get my heart rate under control because it was in the 90s constantly and I was having PVCS because of PAWS, with that 1\32 of the TEVA version my heart rate was now 65-70. It didn't matter to me if nobody believed me that it was working but it definitely was and for some reason for me anyway the generic brand that you use matters.

Wow. That’s really interesting because I have had horrible stomach pain on the generic that I’m taking, and also weird tingling. I have a really good psychiatrist and I meet with her next week. Actually I have to get a refill today so maybe I’ll get a message to her about trying the Teva. At this point I feel like the Lexapro is making my anxiety worse and I didn’t think that was possible! I’m so glad that the Teva version is helping you.

Hello my friend,

After a horrible set back from a steroid given for bells palsy, I had to try something I was losing my mind with doom type panic not sleeping for weeks at a time it was an absolutely nightmare, I'm actually not even sure how I survived to be completely honest. I was given escitalopram, lexapro same thing, I was getting horrible stomach pains so I tried different generic brands,  I noticed different variations of the generic medication do very different things to me at least, Apo, Mylan and the brand name gave me chemical anxiety, I was only taking 1\32 of a pill, amounts that supposedly should do nothing. When I tried TEVA , again at a very low dose it had none of those anxiety characteristics, all it did was Take Me Out of that panic state, for some odd reason it worked, of course my doctor didn't believe me, but I was working with him to try to get my heart rate under control because it was in the 90s constantly and I was having PVCS because of PAWS, with that 1\32 of the TEVA version my heart rate was now 65-70. It didn't matter to me if nobody believed me that it was working but it definitely was and for some reason for me anyway the generic brand that you use matters.

I know its odd but it did work for me, there seems to be a pattern, everybody that gets off of benzos seems to be super sensitive to certain foods, medications and vitamins, I am all the above in a very bad way, if I eat a tomatoes or pork I'll have a panic attacks for days.

No matter what form of lexapro, if I took even 1\8th my anxiety would get worse, and as you mentioned we all think it's impossible but it's not, it does go away after about a week, or, I took a very low dose, but even with that low dose the TEVA version was the only one that didn't seem to cause anxiety as a side effect, but again we're all different and that's what SSRI do when you first start taking them, they do cause more anxiety, chemical anxiety, I also got very itchy almost seem like little icicles were coming out of my skin.

I wish you luck my friend

i would be very careful about ssris. i was on lexapro for 9 years and coming off of it really messed with me... i would suggest looking into PSSD as well. if/when you decide to taper, do it very slowly...

When PAWS gets to be too much, we need to do what every we can to get passed the unmanageable withdrawal symptoms, I was on for about 5 month and had zero issues getting off, they helped me get passed a stage I would have never been able to get passed on my own.

what i'm saying is that for some people (myself included), SSRI withdrawal can be just as bad or worse, and some off the symptoms are permanent. people should know that going in. it's dangerous the way that SSRIs have been marketed as "safe" alternatives to benzos. they aren't.

what i'm saying is that for some people (myself included), SSRI withdrawal can be just as bad or worse, and some off the symptoms are permanent. people should know that going in. it's dangerous the way that SSRIs have been marketed as "safe" alternatives to benzos. they aren't.

would you mind providing a link to these "permanent symptom" thank you