Detox: 2 months out and suffering

[Pe...]

Hey there,

Dang, I'm sorry, I can tell you have it rough. I know it seems inconceivable to think about doing this for months. I know. But like pamster said it won't always be months of the same.

I remember feeling like there was no possible way to keep going at that level. And hopefully it won't be at that level the whole time. But even if it was......know this: It IS survivable even at these extreme levels. Those of us that have done it already know. And somehow we just make it by surviving 1 minute at a time to then 1 hour at a time, and so on. You just have to choose to keep going, and know that it will eventually not be as bad

Now, I understand about not wanting to take another med. It is very scary. But it is up to you if you want to try.

I was scared to.....but tried to reinstate at 4 months off and it just made me worse.....but then at 6 months off I ended up taking something for my excruciating nerve pain  and it helped and was a game changer for me.....so I understand both ways. So don't feel bad either way.

We will be here to tell you that this SUCKS!, But want to encourage you that you can make it  :smitten:

Hi Pamster and Reza,

I have had minute by minute time pass too....that was really really Hard, BUT... You have to pass it. Good thing is to know that these are all Symptoms and will go away at the end. as mentioned I has same situation until month of 2.5. around months 3 I felt better. I am 3.5 month OFF Klonopin/Ativan (short term but I trapped 2 time) now still waves comes and goes.... Only Time is Healer....By The way, WATCH what you eat and Drink...for me Sugar/Tea/coffee/ any kind of Diary was really made it worse. Hot showers at the evening helps...I know one day you will be out of this...Just Push it through :)

Hi Pamster, Reza, SouthernBelle and Veggiebuddy,

Thanks for your replies and encouragement!

I'm having a real hard time now, last night I slept for just 1 hour and woke up in a nightmare of symptoms. Today is even worse than yesterday to the point that symptoms are unbearable.

I was afraid of my own security and tried to phone my nurse but could not reach her. My psychiatrist who prescibed me the Detox-centre doesn't phone me back altough I phoned his secretary yesterday and today asking for his help. He knows I'm having a rough time since leaving the Detox-centre so I don't understand.

I phoned a friend who is a psychologist and phoned my brother to ask for help.

I believe that the full force of the Detox c/t is showing itself only now. When I was in the facility I did not feel much withdrawals so I thought it went OK. I was there for 3 weeks inpatient. I was tapered very fast by their addiction-psychiatrist (2mg/day from 22.5mg). But as Valium leaves the body slowly, and in my case very slow, I only now feel what has happened.

I knew the withdrawals would come and knew it would be tough. But I didn't know how tough.

Its too much. Its too strong. I can't hold on to these symptoms and don't now how tomorrow will be. Probably even worse than today from how things are progressing.

Something needs to be done. That is clear to me now. Otherwise I might go into a crisis and I have to avoid that.

Yes I think reinstatement is inevitable. That is awful and I really don't want to go back on the pills that make me so sick but what choice do I have?

I do feel that without the pills I'm less depressed and much clearer in my head. My astma has greatly improved. I have had 3 windows in week 3/4 which were good. But then the withdrawals came.

I'm very afraid of a paradoxical reaction and tolerance. But this can't go on. I'm bedridden fighting not to lose my mind. I need to get stable. I'm desperate and very scared of the future.

Maybe I don't have to go up all the way to my original dose. I don't know. If anybody has another solution please let me know.

Greetings and strength to everyone on this board, Pecoro.

Hi Pamster, Reza, SouthernBelle and Veggiebuddy,

Thanks for your replies and encouragement!

I'm having a real hard time now, last night I slept for just 1 hour and woke up in a nightmare of symptoms. Today is even worse than yesterday to the point that symptoms are unbearable.

I was afraid of my own security and tried to phone my nurse but could not reach her. My psychiatrist who prescibed me the Detox-centre doesn't phone me back altough I phoned his secretary yesterday and today asking for his help. He knows I'm having a rough time since leaving the Detox-centre so I don't understand.

I phoned a friend who is a psychologist and phoned my brother to ask for help.

I believe that the full force of the Detox c/t is showing itself only now. When I was in the facility I did not feel much withdrawals so I thought it went OK. I was there for 3 weeks inpatient. I was tapered very fast by their addiction-psychiatrist (2mg/day from 22.5mg). But as Valium leaves the body slowly, and in my case very slow, I only now feel what has happened.

I knew the withdrawals would come and knew it would be tough. But I didn't know how tough.

Its too much. Its too strong. I can't hold on to these symptoms and don't now how tomorrow will be. Probably even worse than today from how things are progressing.

Something needs to be done. That is clear to me now. Otherwise I might go into a crisis and I have to avoid that.

Yes I think reinstatement is inevitable. That is awful and I really don't want to go back on the pills that make me so sick but what choice do I have?

I do feel that without the pills I'm less depressed and much clearer in my head. My astma has greatly improved. I have had 3 windows in week 3/4 which were good. But then the withdrawals came.

I'm very afraid of a paradoxical reaction and tolerance. But this can't go on. I'm bedridden fighting not to lose my mind. I need to get stable. I'm desperate and very scared of the future.

Maybe I don't have to go up all the way to my original dose. I don't know. If anybody has another solution please let me know.

Greetings and strength to everyone on this board, Pecoro.

Pecoro, just my two cents. Do a search for reinstatement here, and you'll find many people regretting it. You already had a paradoxical reaction to it, so your body obviously doesn't react well to the drug. How far from you from your last dose? If it's more than a week, I really hope you don't reinstate, because it'll be kindling. The effects will be worse.

I know it's easy for me to say, but you have to tough this out. If you're having windows already, that's a good sign. Hold on to them. Take this minute by minute, hour by hour. 

Hi everyone,

I'm stll holding on.

Last last night I woke up at 03.40 AM and with very painful cramps in my abdomen. I also felt very uneasy and restless, I had to keep moving and couldn't lie still. So I paced from my bedroom to the bathroom and back again and again, trying to get rid of this feeling. But to no avail.

When in Detox the first WD-effects to show up were insomnia and restlessness. The restlessness seems to increase into me constant needing to move, not finding rest anywhere.

I am very afraid of this after some reading on this forum. Can you heal from this? What can I do?

Pecoro.  :'(

Hi everyone,

I'm stll holding on.

Last last night I woke up at 03.40 AM and with very painful cramps in my abdomen. I also felt very uneasy and restless, I had to keep moving and couldn't lie still. So I paced from my bedroom to the bathroom and back again and again, trying to get rid of this feeling. But to no avail.

When in Detox the first WD-effects to show up were insomnia and restlessness. The restlessness seems to increase into me constant needing to move, not finding rest anywhere.

I am very afraid of this after some reading on this forum. Can you heal from this? What can I do?

My dear Pecoro. I believe that is akathisia. It's induced by the drug and a tortuous symptom. I believe you're still in acute, so the symptoms feel extreme and tortuous. But please believe that you will heal. It will take time, but you will heal from this as long as you don't take more drugs.

Hi everyone,

I have Had Restlessness too, That is medicine.....It will go away....very slowly...you will be Ok.

Hey there

The restlessness and inner feeling of needing to move is akethesia. It is a horrible symptom, but VERY common.

I had it while NOT being able to walk or move... definite torture.

I can relate to EVERY word you are saying.

I was also a very rapid detox and was in there for 4 weeks....

And the nightmare of acute did not start until I got home just like you. Literally had everything you are talking about.

You are in the acute stage. It is different for everyone but averages anywhere from 1-4 months, give or take

Feel free to PM me if you want to.

I am 2.5 years off now and doing great!

But I promise you, I felt JUST like you. Like I could have written what you are writing :(

You're doing great. And I want to punch your doctor. My doctor said the same thing - "these aren't withdrawal symptoms, just your anxiety coming back." Really? Because my anxiety never before produced tachycardia, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and adrenal surges. These doctors just want to justify their over-prescribing.

You dropped a lot in a short time. But I think you'll be feeling better really soon.  :thumbsup:

Hello Veggiebuddy, Reza, SouthernBelle and Openroad, thanks for reaching out to me!

I'm still holding on, but its very tough. My sleep is reduced to 1-2 hrs per night, my scalp and brain are on fire, tinnitus is screaming in my ears, my body feels like being electrocuted and my legs are weak.

It feels like my CNS is damaged beyond repair from this Detox, and that drags me down mentally as well.

Thanks again, Pecoro.  :thumbsup:

Hello Veggiebuddy, Reza, SouthernBelle and Openroad, thanks for reaching out to me!

I'm still holding on, but its very tough. My sleep is reduced to 1-2 hrs per night, my scalp and brain are on fire, tinnitus is screaming in my ears, my body feels like being electrocuted and my legs are weak.

It feels like my CNS is damaged beyond repair from this Detox, and that drags me down mentally as well.

Thanks again, Pecoro.  :thumbsup:

You're not damaged Pecoro. Your CNS is overfiring right now, causing your symptoms. It'll take time for it to calm down. It'll be painful, but please hold on.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Openroad, thank you for reaching out to me! I'm not posting much because I don't want to be too negative all the time. I'm also in no shape to help others it seems. I'm almost 2 months out now and dealing with massive physical and mental symptoms, like I'm drowning. It feels like this is too much to heal from, and I really struggle to make it day by day. I'm unable to work and have to push myself to do even the smallest household tasks. Many times I just sit on my bed, curled up like a ball, squeeze my fists and scream in agony. I have to keep pushing and not give in, but am so very afraid of all this. Thanks again, Pecoro.  :thumbsup:

This sounds awful.  :'( Do you have any support? Is your doctor helpful at all? My heart goes out to you. I wish there were more I could do to help but I know that the only true thing that will feel better is when these sxs will let up. Have you thought of taking any adjunctive meds to ease the pain? Maybe someone else who has been through this length of acute withdrawal can come along and offer you some suggestions. Please stay in touch with us. It's ok if it's all negative right now - it won't be like that forever.

Hi Openroad, I do have support from my family and from a p-nurse and a psychiatrist. But there's only so much they can do. My wife finds it very difficult and often does not understand and loses patience. My psychiatrist suggest other meds like Mirtazepine or Pregabaline but I'm hesitant to take it. I don't want to end up worse than I already am, and I feel that my CNS cannot take another hit. I think I have no other options than ride this out and hope for the best. I thought about reinstating after a few weeks out but that ship has sailed now. Again thanks for reaching out, Pecoro.  :thumbsup:

Hi all,

As I was in tolerance withdrawal from 30mg Tranxene trying to stabilize

When in tolerance THE FIRST THING my Dr. did was to switch me to a LONG acting benzo like Klonopin. 

Most "Benzo-Wise" Drs. know its impossible to get stable on short acting benzo's unless people willing to cut up their daily doses to 4 times a day.