ativan taper

[Bo...]

That's a 10% reduction.

That's very typical many people do it and are successful.

Once you do the reduction, many people hold until symptoms are tolerable or at least 2 weeks whichever is longer.  Make sure you write down everything in the journal including the amount of drug you're taking and your symptoms.  Do this every day so we can reflect back on it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bo...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

• [je...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is different so it is hard to make a statement.

What you need to do is record how you feel every day.  Only when you feel better should you think about doing another taper. 

• 3 weeks later...

There is no way to decide if one method is better than another because each person is different.  You need to try the methods to see which works for you.

Here is a water method to try:

• 3 weeks later...
Bob 7 would this taper be too fast? 0.69mg, 0.59, 0.49mg, 0.39mg, 0.29mg, 0.19mg, 0.09mg, 0.05mg? I have been on ativan almost 17 years, and this is my second time tapering. Thanks

Bob 7 would this taper be too fast? 0.69mg, 0.59, 0.49mg, 0.39mg, 0.29mg, 0.19mg, 0.09mg, 0.05mg? I have been on ativan almost 17 years, and this is my second time tapering. Thanks

It depends on how long you wait between reductions.

I think you would be fine if you waited at least 2 weeks or until your symptoms are tolerable - whichever is longer. 

You should journal each reduction and your symptoms each day so you can reflect back and see if you're going too fast.  Also record any stress going on in your life so you can account for external factors.

After the first 3 or 4 reductions you might need to slow down but that will be foretold by your journal.

How are you feeling, are you functional, do you hold if things get too rough, are you letting your symptoms guide you?  I usually say your taper should be driven by your symptoms.

No I wouldn't remember that.  Many people have success going fast early in the taper and then slowing down at the end.

They let the notes in their journal tell them how fast to go but many people need to slow down near the end.