Tapering off Xanax

[ti...]

Hi Everyone,

Just updating you all I'm all the way down to .018 grams of xanax and I'll be jumping off in 6 days

Excellent news, please let us know how you're doing when you jump, I hope it's a smooth one.  :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ti...]

• [St...]

• [Pa...]

• [sl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that folks can taper so quickly off xanax, especially given the fact that it is so short acting.  So glad for you guys, wish I could say the same was happening for me.  :-\

Hi Pamster,

I've officially made the jump 3 days ago after my tapper that started July 18th and so far I've been fine. A little bit of discomfort but I'm still working and able to function and to me that's all I can ask for. I was wondering how long after being completely off I could stop worrying about getting worse withdrawal symptoms? I know my situation is very fortunate and I think I attribute that to being lucky enough to find this forum before I tried to taper and never really kindled or stopped taking the medication suddenly causing the terrible symptoms people report and also being a bit younger than the average person in this forum (26). Regardless I wanted to say thank you for being supportive and offering advice throughout my journey and I hope to be able to keep making progress and posting a success story soon!

Hi Pamster,

I've officially made the jump 3 days ago after my tapper that started July 18th and so far I've been fine. A little bit of discomfort but I'm still working and able to function and to me that's all I can ask for. I was wondering how long after being completely off I could stop worrying about getting worse withdrawal symptoms? I know my situation is very fortunate and I think I attribute that to being lucky enough to find this forum before I tried to taper and never really kindled or stopped taking the medication suddenly causing the terrible symptoms people report and also being a bit younger than the average person in this forum (26). Regardless I wanted to say thank you for being supportive and offering advice throughout my journey and I hope to be able to keep making progress and posting a success story soon!

As long as you don't drink any alcohol and do your best to avoid stress for a little while I'd say you're going to be able to quit looking over your shoulder soon.  Even though our healing isn't linear it does follow a logical path of progression even if it doesn't always feel like it.

I look forward to that success story.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Pamster! 12 days completely off now and I'm starting to think I'm in the clear but I'm still slightly worried that I could get hit with symptoms. Just curious if you have heard any anecdotal stories of how long ppl usually can go symptom free before they're in the clear? I'm very hopeful that I will be able to post a success story soon! PS have my sisters wedding Friday and am very thankful to be off this poison for it!

Hi Pamster! 12 days completely off now and I'm starting to think I'm in the clear but I'm still slightly worried that I could get hit with symptoms. Just curious if you have heard any anecdotal stories of how long ppl usually can go symptom free before they're in the clear? I'm very hopeful that I will be able to post a success story soon! PS have my sisters wedding Friday and am very thankful to be off this poison for it!

Its almost impossible to nail down when to trust it's full recovery, when it happened for me I just knew and I never looked back and it turns out I didn't need to because I never felt another symptom.

Your sisters wedding will be a good test because it may involve a bit of stress, a lot of interaction with others and some schedule disruption, if you feel good after that things may be winding down for you.  I hope you don't plan on drinking any alcohol at the wedding, no sense inviting trouble.  ;)