Tapering off Xanax

[ti...]

I wanted to let you guys know, I did okay yesterday and feeling okay today. No brain zaps. :)

Can you create a signature so we can follow your rapid taper?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ti...]

• [St...]

• [Pa...]

• [sl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

You figured it out! I can't believe you're sailing right along with no withdrawal symptoms. You don't see that everyday:)

You're doing great!

HM

Thank you so much.

I've been trying to practice deep breathing, mindful meditation, and keeping up with exercise to control my anxiety disorder but it's hard. Nonetheless I'm very proud of myself for doing so well :)

This is great to hear. I have also sped up my tapper a bit too as I wasn't feeling any bad withdrawals yet and I want this poison out of my body as soon as possible. was originally planning to be done february 1 2022 but  now i'm looking at november 15th if I can keep up my current rate. praying that we can both be done as soon as possible without the terrible withdrawals.

Just wanted to update you guys. I did a pretty big cut unintentionally and felt fine so I’ve been at that dose without any noticeable withdrawals yet. I’m continuing my schedule for my micro taper. Originally going to finish February 2022 if I can keep this current rate it will be end of October of this year. I’m also looking into doing NAD+ infusions as I get lower. Will let you guys know if I do it and how it makes me feel. Best of luck!

Staple,

Can you add a signature to your profile? That way, people can see your benzo history and where you're at now.

HM

HM I added a signature - feeling okay nothing too bad right now considering speeding up a bit as I want to be done with this but don't want to go too fast.

Sad story, my psychiatrist is the only psychiatrist in my state at least in a driveable distance that will prescribe Xanax and decided to take me off of it and my other meds cold turkey when hearing I wanted to get pregnant. I am furious. However, I still have pills and will taper myself as I've been doing. I have to do what will keep me safe.

I'm so sorry to hear of your doctors decision, but congratulations, how far along are you?  What other medications are you on, are you still considering NAD+? 

Are you still without symptoms?

Hi! So far, I haven't had withdrawal symptoms except a slightly faster heart rate which yeah that counts. But it's getting into the 90s and not going past that so I'm thinking it'll pass. Also, I'm not pregnant, sorry for the confusion! We were just wanting to try, which is why I began tapering in the first place. And my doctor freaked out when I told her that.

I apologize, I misread your comment, but I'm shocked at what an incredibly callous decision your doctor made, its dangerous to cut someone off of these medications cold turkey, I'm so glad you have spares.

I'm grateful to know you're not experiencing symptoms, we understand there are those who don't have much difficulty and I'm glad you're one of them.

Hi All,

Sorry to hear that TW but thankfully you have spares. Hopefully the rest of your taper will be painless and you won't need any more anyways I'm hoping the best for you! If it gives you any comfort I'm continuing to increase my dry taper I'm down to .140 from my original weight of .203 and feel pretty good, was able to do a lot this weekend and haven't drank since my taper started.

Pamster I was wondering if you could give me some guidance. I originally was going to take it very slowly but I've been going a lot faster through my taper than expected because I haven't really experienced withdrawals yet. I know many people say to go slower but I feel as though since I'm younger than most (26) and haven't been on the medication for too long if I should continue to go faster and listen to my body if I get symptoms or if I should go slower regardless of if I get symptoms or not.

Pamster I was wondering if you could give me some guidance. I originally was going to take it very slowly but I've been going a lot faster through my taper than expected because I haven't really experienced withdrawals yet. I know many people say to go slower but I feel as though since I'm younger than most (26) and haven't been on the medication for too long if I should continue to go faster and listen to my body if I get symptoms or if I should go slower regardless of if I get symptoms or not.

I'm a fan of letting your symptoms guide your taper and since you're taking Xanax you know pretty quickly how you're going to react after each reduction.  I'm excited for you, I hope you can get off of the drug sooner than you anticipated and have a smooth ride while doing it.  :thumbsup:

.75mg has been a little more difficult for me. I've been wanting to take more, but I haven't. It's just been so hard not to. But I'm lucky I'm not really having symptoms besides increased anxiety. I haven't had a panic attack so I'm good. <3

.75mg has been a little more difficult for me. I've been wanting to take more, but I haven't. It's just been so hard not to. But I'm lucky I'm not really having symptoms besides increased anxiety. I haven't had a panic attack so I'm good. <3

People who can taper amaze me, I'm sure I wouldn't have the willpower to do what you do.  :thumbsup:  Hold this dose for awhile if you're struggling, okay?

My psychiatrist has ruined everything for me by taking me cold turkey off my meds. The Zoloft is giving me insomnia and I’ve had psychosis before from insomnia so I’m scared of that occurring again. I have in and took 1mg of Xanax tonight. I am spiraling and feel like a failure.

Please don't judge yourself so harshly, this is an awful process and the memory of what you went through is terrifying you, I get it.  If you need some time to get your bearings take that time, once you feel more stable you may find you can face this again. 

We know how hard this is, please give yourself a break.  :therethere:

My psychiatrist has ruined everything for me by taking me cold turkey off my meds. The Zoloft is giving me insomnia and I’ve had psychosis before from insomnia so I’m scared of that occurring again. I have in and took 1mg of Xanax tonight. I am spiraling and feel like a failure.

TW,

I am glad you have back stock so you can take the 1mg of Xanax. You have done so well! How much back stock do you have? My NP quit prescribing for me but left me 3 refills of 4mg (2-2mg pills per day) so I hope that's enough to carry me down to zero.

HM

TW. You're not a failure. I have also had a pretty tough week and am slowing my tapper down longer than I would have liked. I'm no expert but as pamster said I think if we adjust our tappers according to how we're feeling instead of trying to hit a certain date than we will succeed.

Due to life issues and anxiety, I've been taking 1mg daily most days, though I can still do the .75mg daily without withdrawal. I'm not ready to go any lower for now. Also, my psychiatrist put me back on my other meds and I'm so relieved though my husband and I will have to push back the time when we start trying to have a baby and I'm devastated by that but I literally have such crippling depression when I'm not on my meds. I am so sad about this though and considering Shock Therapy or Ketamine for Panic Disorder and Treatment Resistant Depression.

I'm very sorry to hear you have to delay having a baby but your health is important, your child will need a whole fully functioning mom so you're making a good decision.  I wish you the best and hope you find relief with other therapies, I've heard good things about them. 

You might want to start a thread on the Alternative Therapies & Supplements to see what others have to say about them.

• 3 weeks later...