Anhedonia

[Br...]

I'm 26 months off a cold turkey and I have this overwhelming feeling of being unhappy. I'm unhappy with my kids, husband, house, life... I try to imagine things that usually would make me happy, like a gorgeous/safe house...but nothing makes me feel better. I imagine not being married, but that doesnt make me happy either. Its like there is no joy in my life.

[3a...]

I’m not as far out as you, but I’ve seen a lot of people over the years post about this. In fact, I was searching for stories about nsi 189 and found a bunch. I am 8 months out and feel like my brain is blunting my emotions to protect me. I got so excited my first sort of good window a few weeks ago and so crushed when the wave hit. Now I’m sort of numb as I enter a new sort of window and just afraid. That said, anhedonia and depression are on my most feared list.

This is why I looked into nsi 189. It’s been trialed for depression and failed but does appear to help with emotions in general. Very interesting stuff on Reddit about it and there’s a whole subreddit about it. Maybe check it out if you are brave. I have it but might wait until I’m sure my anxiety is over. I don’t want to build some faulty connections.

I’m. sorry you are going through this. Has it been the whole time or new lately?

I'm 26 months off a cold turkey and I have this overwhelming feeling of being unhappy. I'm unhappy with my kids, husband, house, life... I try to imagine things that usually would make me happy, like a gorgeous/safe house...but nothing makes me feel better. I imagine not being married, but that doesnt make me happy either. Its like there is no joy in my life.

Truth is it sucks but it all goes away.

You can't imagine how many times I googled about the subject.All the fun and joy returns.I couldn't imagine this particular symptom leaving me but it left and yes I am back to doing all things I enjoy.

What helped me was regular exercise and getting off all drugs...

Bexlan

[3a...]
Bexlan, that's so encouraging! What drugs did you get off off besides benzos? I see prozac in your history - anything else to consider?

This depresses me so much. I can't feel joy, I can't feel pleasure, I can't feel motivation, I can't feel love, I can't feel passion, I can't feel attraction, I can't feel anything  :'(

[3a...]
lqtys, you are very early in the journey. Your brain is likely trying to protect you. From what I've seen, it all comes back. Hang in there.

I'm so sorry you're struggling brokenpetals. This is so difficult!!!:( That is encouraging Bexlan. I feel my anxiety has gotten lighter but the depression has gone through the roof. I just can't look to anything with out feeling depressed. I have never been a depressed person always positive. It's just weighing heavily on me. Can't wait for this to pass now.

LiveLife

Chronic anxiety and stress create emotional numbness.  It’s a protective measure against remembering trauma.  I know we don’t have your classic big T traumas but withdrawal is highly distressing.  Considering the severe anxiety we endure, it makes sense.  I’m sure it goes away once everything calms down.

Bexlan, that's so encouraging! What drugs did you get off off besides benzos? I see prozac in your history - anything else to consider?

Flutternutter.Rivotril which is another trade name for Klonopin.

Amitriptyline and prozac...

broken,

I am super sorry that you are suffering like this  :(. I hope you feel better soon. Is this a new WD symptom? or has it been going on a while? Keep us posted on your progress.

HM