Brain fog and coffee

[Me...]

To anyone with brain fog and dizziness. Drink coffee. I always get symptoms like 12 hours after drinking coffee so I’ve abstained from it. I thought coffee was causing it. I had terrible brain fog yesterday and i was truly miserable. Like my brain wasn’t working. This morning I was so desperate to rid of the feeling that I drank an entire cup of coffee. I feel fine now.

Those posts about upregulating gaba or whatever effects caffeine has ... its true it works

My new theory on why I get symptoms 12 hours after a coffee is because the coffee leaves my system and my body needs more.

I have a theory on those who are taking longer to heal arent drinking enough coffee. Yes it makes me feel a little wired but also to have my brain work...it’s priceless

Good to know, Meganz.  Sounds like you are feeling really good and will be very Merry for Christmas!!!  I sent you a PM earlier.....if you get a chance will you give me your thoughts, please.  I forgot to put in my post that I also ate some Hershey peppermint kisses.  Is peppermint oil bad for us?  Now go have fun :smitten:

We’re all different as far as caffeine. If I drank coffee, it hit right away and made me super jittery. When the caffeine wore off in a few hours there were no lingering effects.

Chocolate also has caffeine and can have the same effect.

Coffee/caffeine made me very very sick.  Like > go to emergency sick.  The anxiety was awful, the stomach pain scary, the nausea through the roof.  I can drink organic de caf now, though.  It's good.  :thumbsup:

[5e...]

Coffee/caffeine made me very very sick.  Like > go to emergency sick.  The anxiety was awful, the stomach pain scary, the nausea through the roof.  I can drink organic de caf now, though.  It's good.  :thumbsup:

Me too just wrecks me

I think it depends on what stage you’re in....

I could not tolerate caffeine either for years. The shakes were too severe.

But now I’m almost month 36 and brain fog/dizziness was hindering me. Yesterday I barely knew where I was. My brain fog was seriously seriously bad. I was getting worried.

I feel back to normal after the coffee. So maybe not too early. But it might be beneficial later on.

It’s hit or miss for me, when I was feeling great before this wave I could have two cups a day no issue and it helped me power through work. Right now in this wave I have to stick to decaf or half caf otherwise my mental symptoms increase and I get really jittery, but that’s a great sign Meganz you can handle caffeine better!!

[5e...]

I think it depends on what stage you’re in....

I could not tolerate caffeine either for years. The shakes were too severe.

But now I’m almost month 36 and brain fog/dizziness was hindering me. Yesterday I barely knew where I was. My brain fog was seriously seriously bad. I was getting worried.

I feel back to normal after the coffee. So maybe not too early. But it might be beneficial later on.

I'm almost healed like 98% but any reaction too caffeine means were not quite there yet, when we are 100% completely healed caffeine should have zero effect or cause even the slightest of sx and that is when I know I am finally healed. I think even if we feel 95-99 % healed it could still take many months to get there and finally be done with this.

Ok.

I have something interesting to mention. During one of my worse episodes of panic and shaking and all the first month CT stop impacts (I had no idea about)...it was 11pm and I was sitting alone freaked out. I downed a cup of coffee from the Keurig and within 10-15 minutes felt calm and no more physical symptoms. I’m also very sensitive to caffeine. Even a Diet Coke or piece of chocolate can have me amped for hours.

I’ve taken 1-3 cups (usually two instant coffee packets in the AM right when I wake up) and haven’t looked back. Maybe it causes anxiety feelings more than zero caffiene (for any person) but the mood and energy impacts heavily out weight 25% more anxiety feelings. 

Very strange retro !!! I know it effects gaba receptors and I’m guessing that’s what happened somehow!! You drink it daily? How far out are you and how healed are you?

Kam...really happy for you!!!

I also had severe severe dizziness and still get it at times, it always leaves though. I couldn’t walk fir over a week without holding onto something it was horrible but it’s a part of the process and it’s signs of healing not signs of illness you will heal

• 2 years later...

I take this back!! I must’ve been drunk when I posted this years ago (lol jk)

But seriously, now that I’m healed, coffee gives me the WORST brainfog. Not sure why!