Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Why did you choose your username?

[Re...]

I didn't know that or I might have changed a long time ago  :(.  But now so many know me as Mary.

Nope, you're not allowed to change your username, we love Mary or whoever you are!  :laugh:  :smitten: :smitten:

Oh that was so sweet Pamster, damn I have tear 😢 LY!!

@[Ma...]

-But what Pam says.. L ya.. 💜🚺😈

“Pamster” makes me think of a

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [Ma...]

• [2c...]

• [Pa...]

I didn't know that or I might have changed a long time ago  :(.  But now so many know me as Mary.

Nope, you're not allowed to change your username, we love Mary or whoever you are!  :laugh:  :smitten: :smitten:

Oh that was so sweet Pamster, damn I have tear 😢 LY!!

@[Ma...]

-But what Pam says.. L ya.. 💜🚺😈

“Pamster” makes me think of a

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh.. -stolen words.. :(

Im sure it was something nice and cool Pamster.. :)

When I'm doing deep breathing exercises, I like to tell myself when I inhale that I'm breathing in CALM. I should've put underscores in there!

[e6...]
I call my kitties fluffernutters. So I thought it was funny and made me smile. My husband said it sounded like a peanut butter cookie...but that was not my intention.

I call my kitties fluffernutters. So I thought it was funny and made me smile. My husband said it sounded like a peanut butter cookie...but that was not my intention.

I actually thought is was a kind of cake :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But fluffernutter for a kitty makes more sense :D

When I'm doing deep breathing exercises, I like to tell myself when I inhale that I'm breathing in CALM. I should've put underscores in there!

That’s the word I use also for deep breathing!  CALM and

PEACE!,  It works!  Great name.  :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
I want to see benzos as part of the "dark side of the force",they offer you relief and be fuctional for a while but the price you have to pay for that momentary lapse is huge cause even our judgemente and affective capabilities are afected in many  cases.Some of us lost a lot during this experience,including relationships.I want to see a metaphore of this in Anakin Skywalker´s story. He joined the dark side and did terrible things(I didnt do terrible things but unwise things I did a lot) in part blinded by his condition.His the bionic body didnt helped him to much to be more human but he didn lose completely his humanity cause at the very end he made the right choices for love.Love was in the ecuation when we decided to start this journey.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We live surrounded by desert hills covered in sagebrush.  One time when i was in WD and feeling very anxious, I drove up into the hills, climbed one, lay down.  I remember the feeling of peace was like someone suddenly pulled the stress plug and all the tension drained out.  So much better than a benzo.  So my "sage hill" is my refuge where I go to decompress.

Omg sage hill I love it!

I picked mine because I love… dogs.

I kid I kid. I love trees. So much wisdom. The redwoods especially get me.

They’ve been around on this planet for so long. I think they prob could teach me something about

Life if I sat still long enough.

Omg sage hill I love it!

I picked mine because I love… dogs.

I kid I kid. I love trees. So much wisdom. The redwoods especially get me.

They’ve been around on this planet for so long. I think they prob could teach me something about

Life if I sat still long enough.

Great name.  I love trees too.  I have to drive up into the mountains and be with the trees whenever possible.  It's what keeps me sane.

• 1 month later...

Haha. This thread is so great. It’s amazing how despite the suffering, we still remain humorous and able to laugh at ourselves! Great. I also enjoyed the more deeper stories and stories of hope.

My nickname, to quote Urban Dictionary, means:

“An insufferable hippie.”

I rest my case.  ;)

Haha. This thread is so great. It’s amazing how despite the suffering, we still remain humorous and able to laugh at ourselves! Great. I also enjoyed the more deeper stories and stories of hope.

I rest my case.  ;)

:laugh:  Love that!

I rarely took any prescribed meds - rarely even took antibiotics and rarely even took aspirin.  So when I stupidly went to my doctor and "trusted" her for my sleep issues and was prescribed a psychotropic drug unknown to me, I luckily found BenzoBuddies that saved my life!!! I learned that it was the medication that I was taking randomly just for a few months was causing the mental hell (severe interdose withdrawal) that I was experiencing. I never dreamed in a my lifetime this would have happened to me so thus "Neverme".

I rarely took any prescribed meds - rarely even took antibiotics and rarely even took aspirin.  So when I stupidly went to my doctor and "trusted" her for my sleep issues and was prescribed a psychotropic drug unknown to me, I luckily found BenzoBuddies that saved my life!!! I learned that it was the medication that I was taking randomly just for a few months was causing the mental hell (severe interdose withdrawal) that I was experiencing. I never dreamed in a my lifetime this would have happened to me so thus "Neverme".

That would be a good name for me too.  I was one of those, and still am, who avoids pharmaceuticals.  The things we do when we're desperate!

I rest my case.  ;)

:laugh:  Love that!

peace-out-smiley-guy.gif

I really love your story about the hills and the sage! Sounds so ethereal. Sage has some magic in it <3

I rest my case.  ;)

When I saw your user name, I first thought of Game of Thrones!

I rest my case.  ;)

When I saw your user name, I first thought of Game of Thrones!

Haha you’re right! I didn’t remember there were wildlings in that too. Well I guess they were the hippies of Westeros, or where they lived  :laugh:

• 2 months later...

That would be a good name for me too.  I was one of those, and still am, who avoids pharmaceuticals.  The things we do when we're desperate!

Neverme and sage,

Me too! Never thought I would be in this place.  Ever!  It’s like I’m in an alternative universe…. But here I am, so forced to deal with it. What a trip!

Neverme and sage,

Me too! Never thought I would be in this place.  Ever!  It’s like I’m in an alternative universe…. But here I am, so forced to deal with it. What a trip!

Pretty strange place to be.  And now I'm in it again and didn't even take any drugs!