Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Why did you choose your username?

[Re...]

Winnie is the name of my beloved dog!!

Two Cats - that is the best song!

I remember listening to that in high school over and over!!

I'm not that old, just loved old music - ok I'm slightly oldish I guess, if 48 is old.....lol

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [Ma...]

• [2c...]

• [Pa...]

Well, this is Benzo Buddies, so I'm Benzo with a the German/Scandinavian nickname for what my real name is, which is French. I know my name in other languages too (Irish/Scottish Gaelic, Romanian) For example, it's Wari in Mohawk Iroquois, I have ancestry on my dad's side of the family. The German honors my mother's German side of her family, the Scandinavian my dad's as part of his family came from Norse-occupied Normandy in France. So Lottie it is.

Having a mare

I always wondered what your name meant.  I kept thinking it had something to do with horses. Duh!

Anyway I hope it’s not such a nightmare now

WinnieDog

It looks like we’re on the same Ativan journey.  You’re a bit ahead of me.  I’ve seen you on the Ativan support group thread.  Hang in there!

2cats - yes we're similar.

I just pulled my back today something fierce.

The dr had given me gabapentin, but I don't want to take it, I'm scared of it etc.

Have you tried massage for your back, did it help?

I have had mixed results fit this latest back issue .  One time massage will make me feel better for a short time like 24 hrs, another time it really seems to inflame things and will make it worse.  Same with acupuncture but my back pain isn’t just a pulled muscle.  It bulging discs, arthritis and some mild scoliosis caused by my years on this earth. Haha. Not such an easy fix.

Maybe we should take this to the Ativan support thread if you want to continue.  ;):)

• 1 month later...

I suppose my name is pretty self explanatory..... But I actually thought about it when I seen this post.

Silly Boy.... From a grown man of 41.... I don't think I want to accept I'm a grown man, always thought of myself as an unstoppable 18 year old in my head.

Lot of growing up to do, that's probably been part of my problem for a long time. Interesting that a simple question like that could make me look myself in the mirror a little bit and see reality instead of my unrealistic mental projection of myself. Hmmm interesting, for me anyway 😁

Nice one 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose my name is pretty self explanatory..... But I actually thought about it when I seen this post.

Silly Boy.... From a grown man of 41.... I don't think I want to accept I'm a grown man, always thought of myself as an unstoppable 18 year old in my head.

Lot of growing up to do, that's probably been part of my problem for a long time. Interesting that a simple question like that could make me look myself in the mirror a little bit and see reality instead of my unrealistic mental projection of myself. Hmmm interesting, for me anyway 😁

Nice one 👍

introspection is a good thing! For some of us, the user names we choose may say something about us and how we see ourselves👍🏼

• 2 weeks later...
I love Mustang cars and my dogs name is Saydee, she was 6 years old when I got my first mustang which was a 2014 mustang. I would drive for hours with her in the passenger seat. Best memories I've managed to create

I love Mustang cars and my dogs name is Saydee, she was 6 years old when I got my first mustang which was a 2014 mustang. I would drive for hours with her in the passenger seat. Best memories I've managed to create

Wow this is such a nice visual! I don’t have a dog but I love driving in scenic areas with my music blaring lol.

Love this thread.  It's so interesting.  I'm afraid my name has a very dull origin.  My son had two sippie cups, one green and one pink.  He had made the username Greencup for a game that he played once and forgot about and it was just before I joined the forum, so I stole it from him.  We still have the pink cup, but we actually lost the original green cup that my name is for. 

Love this thread.  It's so interesting.  I'm afraid my name has a very dull origin.  My son had two sippie cups, one green and one pink.  He had made the username Greencup for a game that he played once and forgot about and it was just before I joined the forum, so I stole it from him.  We still have the pink cup, but we actually lost the original green cup that my name is for.

I think this is a heart warming story and I love your username.  :smitten:

At the time I was on my first attempt of getting of benzos. Tom Brady was going to (and ended up) getting a suspensed for deflategate. Now here we are and the Patriots stink, Brady is taking a different team to the playoffs and now I am titrating again using valium. 

At the time I was on my first attempt of getting of benzos. Tom Brady was going to (and ended up) getting a suspensed for deflategate. Now here we are and the Patriots stink, Brady is taking a different team to the playoffs and now I am titrating again using valium.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you want, you can start a ticket at the help desk and we can change your username.  ;D

If you want, you can start a ticket at the help desk and we can change your username.  ;D

I didn't know that or I might have changed a long time ago  :(.  But now so many know me as Mary.

FreeTomBrady,  I always root for him, but truly now, wish he would quit.  Football is just so violent, it would be awful to come all this way and get hurt.  Sorry you are titrating again.  Good luck!  🙋🏼🙋🏼

I didn't know that or I might have changed a long time ago  :(.  But now so many know me as Mary.

Nope, you're not allowed to change your username, we love Mary or whoever you are!  :laugh:  :smitten: :smitten:

I was in acute and my brain felt like Pinky in my profile pic. Looked like I was scared and spinning in space thinking what's going on?.

I was in acute and my brain felt like Pinky in my profile pic. Looked like I was scared and spinning in space thinking what's going on?.

I was wondering where this came from.  ;)

Nope, you're not allowed to change your username, we love Mary or whoever you are!  :laugh:  :smitten: :smitten:

Oh that was so sweet Pamster, damn I have tear 😢 LY!! 

Oh that was so sweet Pamster, damn I have tear 😢 LY!!

@[Ma...]

-But what Pam says.. L ya.. 💜🚺😈

“Pamster” makes me think of a

I was wondering where this came from.  ;)

:) :) :) Mystery solved

Back in the scooby van everyone

Oh and Pinky and the Brain was a cartoon I remembered during acute in case anyone doesn't get the reference. I feel like our brains are really random with the stuff that comes out during acute. For me it was always feeling like this character; dumb with brain fog, scared constantly and irrationally and being an all around burden on others like Brain who was trying to conquer the world, as well as foiling all his efforts to do it.