Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Why did you choose your username?

[Re...]

I think it's interesting to see the variety of user name handles on here. Why did you choose yours? Any story behind it?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [Ma...]

• [2c...]

• [Pa...]

You can probably easily guess why I chose my username.  I found BB a few weeks after I jumped.  It was a dark, gloomy and frightening time. I was filled with fear that I would never experience pleasure again or feel like myself.  I hoped and prayed for a brighter day.  Now at 10 months post jump I'm so grateful that I have more brighter days than not.  :)

How did you choose your name Restoration123?

I had mine from the bike accident..

Its not quite right, -I “flew” exceptionally well, so CantLand would have been more fitting, but here we are...

-It fits now..

:)

I had mine from the bike accident..

Its not quite right, -I “flew” exceptionally well, so CantLand would have been more fitting, but here we are...

-It fits now..

:2funny:

My ex used to call me Pamster, I guess I liked it.  I didn't realize when I joined that I should have chosen a name a little less identifying, I didn't have internet forum experience at the time. 

I chose my name after reading the guidelines for choosing a name, which suggested something uplifting and positive.

Now everyone thinks I'm a woman.

I was not prepared with a name, but begood popped up in my mind...when I was little my Mother used to say that to me a lot. I liked pretty dresses and such, but I loved making mud pies more...and I had to be reminded to begood and stay clean. :D 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

omg Cantfly - I laughed way too hard at your post. Cantland... :2funny:

Umm so my name is way too identifying...i had no creativity when I came on here, brain was hurting. However my full name no-one will ever guess bc it is a very european version of my name and a rare one at that. Obviously my parents were trying to torture me bc growing up with that name caused some childhood teasing, bc kids can be stupid. :(

I revised it as I got older...mother not happy lol. 

I chose my name after reading the guidelines for choosing a name, which suggested something uplifting and positive.

Now everyone thinks I'm a woman.

Hilarious! LOL

I originally joined with a name that was too identifying. So I used the name from another website forum I'm on. At the time I made this name for the other website, I was chewing on a peppermint. I added the icy to make it more feminine and the 112 is something I add to all of my handles because sometimes you get that "this name is already taken."

I did not give my user name much thought.  I was confused and overwhelmed.  I soon realized that it was not a good choice.  As time went on I was no longer confused, and  am certainly not a user, but rather someone who is dependent on benzos.  However, since I had already established it I stayed with it, since it is the name that everyone knows me as. 

I originally joined with a name that was too identifying. So I used the name from another website forum I'm on. At the time I made this name for the other website, I was chewing on a peppermint. I added the icy to make it more feminine and the 112 is something I add to all of my handles because sometimes you get that "this name is already taken."

Icy is that picture really you? If it is... that is identiyfing. Anyway I love the name.  :thumbsup:

Icy is that picture really you? If it is... that is identiyfing. Anyway I love the name.  :thumbsup:

Yes, it's my picture. I wasn't able to join with the original handle I had picked out. But I have seen people on here with their own picture, so I went ahead and added mine.

I think all your names are great..!!

-asides, imagine the confusion if we could change them depending on how we felt on the day..!!

Im not sure Cantpoo would be a good choice for me.. -Perhaps “Hopetodothis” would have a whole different meaning for me in that instance... :(

(Forgive me Hope To Do This, -Ill try to Begood, but you might have to wait for some Restoration as im Confused but hope to get Brighter)

***Ducks the rotten tomatoes..

-asides, imagine the confusion if we could change them depending on how we felt on the day..!!

Im not sure Cantpoo would be a good choice for me.. -Perhaps “Hopetodothis” would have a whole different meaning for me in that instance... :(

(Forgive me Hope To Do This, -Ill try to Begood, but you might have to wait for some Restoration as im Confused but hope to get Brighter)

Cantpoo...you are so funny. :D:smitten:

Cantpoo...you are so funny. :D:smitten:

Your too kind... -Tomorrow we will call it sarcastically cranky (day 9)..

Mine is short for Radio Shack.  I’m an electrical engineer and when I was younger I was into shortwave/ham radio and spent a lot of time in my radio shack (room in the basement) and also I sometimes bought parts from the old store named Radio Shack.  Anybody remember the battery of the month club?  Only the cool kids got to join...right?

Anyways, it reminded me of happier, carefree days. 

Mine is short for Radio Shack.  I’m an electrical engineer and when I was younger I was into shortwave/ham radio and spent a lot of time in my radio shack (room in the basement) and also I sometimes bought parts from the old store named Radio Shack.  Anybody remember the battery of the month club?  Only the cool kids got to join...right?

Anyways, it reminded me of happier, carefree days.

Just like my Dad, he had a room in the basement of my grandparents house with his call sign on the door, I still remember the sign.  When I was a kid, I'd listen to him talk to people all over the world, that was a big deal back then.  He's also an electrical engineer by the way.  :)

@[pa...]

Nice!  Yeah it was a big deal back then to be able to communicate with people around the world.  I used to stay up late and tune around the bands searching for distant stations.  I have a nice collection of QSL cards (postcards) from around the world.

My favorite stations were Radio Netherlands, Deutsche Welle, and Radio Havana.  Since I only had a low power station, I primarily used Morse code to communicate.  But even then I was able to reach Russia and Hawaii. 

Nowadays I get my fill of technology at work, so at home, I stay away from anything electronic. 

Goodness that took a lot of brainpower!

I think it's interesting to see the variety of user name handles on here. Why did you choose yours? Any story behind it?

I was wearing a shirt that said desert vibes when I signed up and I also live in the desert.  :)