Valium taper - i can't go under 9mg Valium

[Fr...]

Hello ,

I wanted to update my status, I still struggling coming off , and I have made some progress.

I started five years ago with 10mg/day of Xanax because of a nasty depression, and after many try now I am down to 17mg/Day of Valium.

I cut 2.5 mg Valium every 2-3 weeks , that's works for me and I can also go to work and have a life.

Sometimes I cope with a little bit of weed or alcohol (don't do this, is just my case).

Hang in there , it is possible but take it slowly....and use the Ashton Manual :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there is alot going on for you. Paxil can be a tough medication by itself. On top of that you had multiple benzos given to you. You should be proud of how far you have come so far.

You can get below 9mg of valium!! You just need to do the math. You are an engineer :) trying to drop from 9mg to 7mg is almost a 25% decrease. That is often too much to try to decrease at one time. I am not sure how your dosages are split up,but you need to try to bring that step down percentage down to well below 10%.

I would have to see you dosages and times of day, but really you would do better reducing by about 0.5mg .... which is 1/4 of a 2mg tablet.

Hello Benzonaught,

I know that I dropped 25%, but I didn't had(found) pills to make a combo to slow down by 1mg or less. The minimum pills that I found was 2.5mg.

This time I will try to dissolve the pills in water when I will be down to 10mg/day. I don't want to repeat the same error .

I discovered the secret (for me) that you don't need to fight against withdrawal symptoms , but is to find ways to cope with it . The symptoms are the way to get better later.

I discovered the secret (for me) that you don't need to fight against withdrawal symptoms , but is to find ways to cope with it . The symptoms are the way to get better later.

Love this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello ,

Like Benzonaught said i got down to rapid (2.5mg/week) . I relapsed back to 20mg and start titration method, i will try to go down 1 mg/week. I use titration method becouse i can't find a combination of pils for what i want.

Best regards,

Adjustments have to be made during tapers, this is all part of the process so I’m glad you’re moving forward with your taper.  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hello Buddies,

Back from 20mg to 17mg by titration method (i go down 1 mg 1-2 weeks).

It's harder and harder when you aproach 0 mg, but it's bearable for the moment .

Later edit....i am on 10mg/day Valium by tapering. Hard but manageable.

Hang in there,

Good day

I’ve heard this from other members, don’t be afraid to reduce by less than 1 mg, there’s no rush and if you can remain functional then it’s worth it.
  • Haha 1