Muscle mass

[Ca...]

I'm 14 weeks into a brutal ct. 3. Months on 1mg klonopin.  Had reverse reactions and had to abruptly stop. I have been bed ridden and only getting worse. I lost 37lbs in less than 3 months all of which seems to be my muscles.  Will this return. I am unable to walk more than a few steps right now or my brain goes haywire. Im worried about my muscles. Please dont say to workout because I can hardly even walk to the restroom in the state I am in. Anyone with experience on muscle mass returning..... I look very very sick. All my hair has fallen out as well. I've been dealt a bad hand in this ct and am very scared.

Same boat. I'm 29 and that has happened to me and still is. My suggestion is because you're still early, wait a bit to work out if you do, so you don't feel cramped all the time. All my muscles were very tender in early stages, but i feel somewhat better at almost 6 months off. Stay strong! It does get better, but i think you'll have to rebuild muscle which honestly won't take that long if you walk or go to the gym.

Thought I were the only one being so sick with extreme muscle related sx. Lost all muscles in just a couple weeks and the unbelievable contraction spasm, pain, dystonia since jumping. I'm 10 + months off, the muscle stuff is at its worst.

Bedridden for almost 2 yrs since starting tapering. I know exactly what you mean by saying don't tell me to exercise. B

I have gained weight but all it’s less have atrophied. This happened while I was still able to exercise.

All just hanging off through whole body from face to thorax, legs, arms etc.

Aww hey there,

Yes I have experience with this. Lost all my muscle mass, couldnt walk or use my limbs. I had to be fed, and bathed, and yes carried or wheeled to bathroom and hubby had to wipe me. So yes, my heart aches for you....I know what it is like.

I was extremely athletic and I lost it all. Now I wish I could say it was just time that helped me...but it is actually a combo for me.

I ended up starting a VERY small dose of amitriptyline after month 5 and not able to care for myself. I had excruciating nerve pain, so it helped with the pain and allowed me to start walking again, and rehabbing my body. It is taking months to rehab it but it IS happening. I have gained my weight back, and today at the gym, someone told me I am starting to look muscular and fit again :)

So.....7 months ago I was in a wheelchair...today was working out (even if it's only half the workout I used to do)!

I was SOOOO scared of the muscle atrophy and worried about being bedridden. It is sooooo awful. But to answer you...it is coming back.

I am exactly 1 year from CT Rapid. Spent months being non-Functional and majority of that bedridden in pain and agony, and looking so very scary. When I started in home PT I could barely lift my leg an inch off the bed.

So as time goes on, though not 100%, I am continuing to improve, and my muscles are coming back.

:smitten: hug

Hi southern Belle,

I'm so sorry for the torture and hell you went through! I'm so so happy to hear your are in gym now I'm just a few month from being in wheelchair!! That sounds a miracle! Thank god, kissing my very lean and firm muscle built from years hard work is the saddest thing.

Are you still on amtriptline? Is that how you improved so quickly?

Thanks again for giving everyone hope!

4mom

Hey 4mom,

I'm sorry you also have had the same thing as well. Most people dont believe it unless they have lived it or are living it.

The answer is yes, I still take the amitriptyline 10mgs which is actually just the starting dose. My nerve pain and and stuff is not completely gone but it was definitely a game changer for me.

My hope is to keep letting time go by till I can feel less and less of the nerve crap before I stop the amitrip. I try not to push another drug, because I hate them. But it's just the honest truth that taking it helped me in my situation : ;)

Thank you very much southern Belle for responding!

I'm very happy it helped you!! Definitely don't try to push for another hell! If you can make a peace with it just stay on it.

Unfortunately I don't have that option anymore as my system is extremely sensitized for any other drugs.

Wish you the best being out of the hell and full recovery soon!

4mom

glad i found post.

yes im 130 days in ct from 10 mg street valium per nt for 18 mth.

one thing that really upset me was my weight lose, but when i buy some good scales to my shock i had hardly lost any, but had lost arm and leg muscle ,

i now in last 2 weeks found myself eating well again and going start light weights , hopefully i can get my muscle back in couple of mths as i find its another problem feeling skinny and people telling me i lost weight.

good luck

• 3 years later...

Same boat. I'm 29 and that has happened to me and still is. My suggestion is because you're still early, wait a bit to work out if you do, so you don't feel cramped all the time. All my muscles were very tender in early stages, but i feel somewhat better at almost 6 months off. Stay strong! It does get better, but i think you'll have to rebuild muscle which honestly won't take that long if you walk or go to the gym.

how are you doing? I also has wasting muscles

I'm 14 weeks into a brutal ct. 3. Months on 1mg klonopin.  Had reverse reactions and had to abruptly stop. I have been bed ridden and only getting worse. I lost 37lbs in less than 3 months all of which seems to be my muscles.  Will this return. I am unable to walk more than a few steps right now or my brain goes haywire. Im worried about my muscles. Please dont say to workout because I can hardly even walk to the restroom in the state I am in. Anyone with experience on muscle mass returning..... I look very very sick. All my hair has fallen out as well. I've been dealt a bad hand in this ct and am very scared.

how are you doing

Thought I was the only one with muscle related issues. I’ve somehow maintained my physique through withdrawal but it’s been brutal. My legs turn to useless jelly after my first set of body weight squats.

Muscles and tendons in the legs just feel spastic, rubbery or jumpy. I get muscle exhaustion very quickly from what would normally be just a warm up. I wish you all speedy recovery. Keep fighting dudes