Don't believe in a full recovery, brain damage is a fact

[je...]

Oh, how awful, Siggy!! I can understand your desperation.

It took some time to get over the AB mess. I was in the hospital for very low sodium (106) because of taking a diuretic, and I got a UTI while I was there. I was first hooked up to IV Bactrim, and then given Bactrim pills for the rest of the time. What a nightmare!! That was in November of 2018. I think the setback lasted 2 or more months. But of course after that my cns just became more sensitive.

I don't know about my brother-in-law. I remember hearing that he went from one clinic to another, and no one could figure out what it was (a so-familiar story). I never knew what was the reason he lost weight and felt so sick. My sister was really quiet about it, and all their friends thought he was mentally ill. He thought he had ALS at one point and was in a wheelchair for awhile. He finally went to Costa Rica to have a questionable procedure done in order to quit taking the PPI he was on. It worked, and he didn't have the problems with his stomach of too much acid that he had before.

Now he hikes, climbs mountains, drinks what he wants, eats what he wants - a very different person.

Oh, how awful, Siggy!! I can understand your desperation.

It took some time to get over the AB mess. I was in the hospital for very low sodium (106) because of taking a diuretic, and I got a UTI while I was there. I was first hooked up to IV Bactrim, and then given Bactrim pills for the rest of the time. What a nightmare!! That was in November of 2018. I think the setback lasted 2 or more months. But of course after that my cns just became more sensitive.

I don't know about my brother-in-law. I remember hearing that he went from one clinic to another, and no one could figure out what it was (a so-familiar story). I never knew what was the reason he lost weight and felt so sick. My sister was really quiet about it, and all their friends thought he was mentally ill. He thought he had ALS at one point and was in a wheelchair for awhile. He finally went to Costa Rica to have a questionable procedure done in order to quit taking the PPI he was on. It worked, and he didn't have the problems with his stomach of too much acid that he had before.

Now he hikes, climbs mountains, drinks what he wants, eats what he wants - a very different person.

Glad your BIL was able to recover and you from the Bactrim. Strange to me that so many people don’t believe these drugs can cause theses problems. I pretty much never went a full night missing sleep (unless I chose to) before benzos.

Yes, there's a really noticeable difference between the time before benzos and the time after for us sensitive people. Why doctors don't understand benzos is a true shame. After 60+ years, you'd think they'd be aware. But no...I guess they're really slow learners regarding benzos.

I hope you get out of this setback very soon, Siggy!!

For all the claims of brain damage, I have yet to see a link to evidence of such.

Google Medical Research Council 1982 Benzos Malcolm Lader

They looked at the brains of numerous long term benzo users in England in a medical research council and found that several brains had atrophy which is a form of brain damage.  Then they sealed the records for 30 years. 

For all the claims of brain damage, I have yet to see a link to evidence of such.

Google Medical Research Council 1982 Benzos Malcolm Lader

They looked at the brains of numerous long term benzo users in England in a medical research council and found that several brains had atrophy which is a form of brain damage.  Then they sealed the records for 30 years.

... I think my brain’s atrocious.. -sounds close.. :(

:)

I believe some people heal, others don’t. I it’s a matter of initial damage and genetics and luck. Just because one person heals from this doesn’t mean everybody does.

Try not to be so determined to not heal.

You have been off a very short time.

A study that Catherine a Pittman did on BBs showed that average length of time was 14 months.

From looking at site it seems to me that most ppl are substantially better sometime in year 3 if not before.

Try to have some hope.

If I thought there was no chance of getting well enough to make my life endurable (I don’t even mean being able to live it fully at thos point because that is unlikely for me) but I would like to be able to lie in a bearable position, enjoy food, feel full when I eat, feel my body properly and not have psychotic terror & repulsion of the whole of material reality and every sense completely deranged including touch - if I don’t have hope that that can go away I would kill myself right now.

Be aware that depression, believing you won’t heal, fear, hope.essness, Heath anxiety etc are symptom of this Brain damage.

I believe some people heal, others don’t. I it’s a matter of initial damage and genetics and luck. Just because one person heals from this doesn’t mean everybody does.

Try not to be so determined to not heal.

You have been off a very short time.

A study that Catherine a Pittman did on BBs showed that average length of time was 14 months.

From looking at site it seems to me that most ppl are substantially better sometime in year 3 if not before.

Try to have some hope.

If I thought there was no chance of getting well enough to make my life endurable (I don’t even mean being able to live it fully at thos point because that is unlikely for me) but I would like to be able to lie in a bearable position, enjoy food, feel full when I eat, feel my body properly and not have psychotic terror & repulsion of the whole of material reality and every sense completely deranged including touch - if I don’t have hope that that can go away I would kill myself right now.

Be aware that depression, believing you won’t heal, fear, hope.essness, Heath anxiety etc are symptom of this Brain damage.

Thanks. It’s just my body and brain are moving farther away from healing day by day. I’m getting worse. It’s hard to have hope when reality tells u otherwise

Like who? I haven’t read a single successs story where someone was progressively worsening for 14 months.