Something Positive

[Pa...]

So the past week was brutal bc hormones made wd sx's way worse.

BUT..my cortisol surges are lessening. Still elevated, but not so I feel like I'm out of my mind. this symptom comes and goes now, whereas before it was CONSTANT torture. My dreams were rather normal last night and I did not wake drenched in sweat ( I know gross...but its true).

Progress or temporary relief...I'll take it!

Today is my 1-year anniversary off of Clonazepam, and I'm feeling fantastic! I only have a few remaining symptoms (tinnitus, sleep disturbances, and some minor head pressure/electricity), and I'm looking forward to writing my success story soon. This horrific experience has helped me become the best version of myself, and I truly feel stronger, healthier, more balanced, and more peaceful than ever before.

One year ago I was just starting a medical leave because I was in such a bad state. There wasn't much I could do for awhile, so I watched this Benzo Recovery Meditation over and over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWjevVLi1_Q. At the time, I didn't believe the words, but now I know they're true. I hope it helps some of you. And you WILL feel better. Time heals us all.

Sending you all so much love and strength!

Warrior...This is fantastic news!!  We love to hear updates full of healing.  Did ya post something on the benzo free board??  People will love to hear your story!!

Thank you! I haven't written my story yet...I want to be just a bit further along in my recovery. I think I'm at 90%, so maybe in a month or two! :)

• 1 year later...

Packy, thank you so much for this post. I really needed to see all of the positive responses.

I’ve been in a horrific 2 month wave, but reading the positive responses gives me hope. I have so many positive things to be grateful for. I will be 2 years benzo free on Christmas Day, and I have had many good days during that time. I have the most loving and supportive family and friends. I know that this will end some day.

Hugs of healing for everyone!

Sandy🥰🙏