Stress-induced waves from covid-19

[al...]

All of us are concerned, scared. Its only natural to worry when things are not our normal. I personally do not watch much TV, ever, and especially now.

I would encourage all of you to try NOT to let this concern you so much. This will NOT affect your healing from benzos. Viruses do not work like benzos do. They attack in a whole other way.

In the US, people are hoarding all sorts of stuff. It IS concerning, so I have found a couple ways that dont cost much money and will work, if, say, we are told to shelter in place. Paper table napkins will work as toilet paper if needed, and cut up old T shirts make really good cleaning rags and cost less than paper towels.

All of us have to try to relax just a bit and not let this worry about it so much. What will be, will be.

east

skalliz and Marigold - thank you for giving a real perspective from another country...the US and Canada need to catch up.

Not sure if someone said this yet but there is always online yoga. I know it's not the same but if it's your coping tool you may like to try it. I find it helpful, myself.

Sorry you are feeling the waves and stress. With you. It's normal to have these feelings, this is quite a stress inducing ordeal.

Hi Skalliz ;D

I am in Germany and in the same situation at the end of this week I think everything will be shut down. Only march to supermarkets and doctors allowed.

I cannot see my physical therapist and my osteopath now, so I understand that this puts more pressure on you, not to receive the treatment you need.

But I think we will adopt to this new situation like we managed to survive withdrawal so far. Its wonderful you have your boyfriend with you.And is there a cat (your avatar)? Un chat?? Thats even better.

If you are able to walk - try out these videos on youtube: "Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone" these are videos you can just do quick walks at home, a little bit like aerobics, but its all about walking. I became so fit using these videos the last 5 months. I started with one mile and now I can do 5 miles. So you do not have to stop running.

Take care, French friend - we will go through this all together :smitten:

Bonne nuit,

Marigold

Hi neighbor !

I'm also watching what's happening in Germany since my father is living in Bade Wurtenberg with his german wife. I don't understand why Germany is not confined as well yet.

I'm totally able to walk but goes out only once since last tuesday. I do some sport like body balance, yoga at home with some videos. I'm trying not to sweat a lot since I'm skinny and trying hard to gain some weight  :laugh:

I'm not disabled, I can do almost anything I want. Most of the time only my mind is sick. Lucky me...

So far, the last 3 days were much better. Maybe because I didn' t HAVE to go out. We'll see what will happen... Stay safe. Here in France we are heading in a situation like italians.

Hundreds of deads and a LOT of non diagnosed infected. They only test people who have severe symptoms. So when they say we have 10 000 infected, we have likely 100 000. Even more.

So sad to live a situation like this in 2020...

And yes that's my cat  :smitten:

Hi Skalliz ;D

I am in Germany and in the same situation at the end of this week I think everything will be shut down. Only march to supermarkets and doctors allowed.

I cannot see my physical therapist and my osteopath now, so I understand that this puts more pressure on you, not to receive the treatment you need.

But I think we will adopt to this new situation like we managed to survive withdrawal so far. Its wonderful you have your boyfriend with you.And is there a cat (your avatar)? Un chat?? Thats even better.

If you are able to walk - try out these videos on youtube: "Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone" these are videos you can just do quick walks at home, a little bit like aerobics, but its all about walking. I became so fit using these videos the last 5 months. I started with one mile and now I can do 5 miles. So you do not have to stop running.

Take care, French friend - we will go through this all together :smitten:

Bonne nuit,

Marigold

Hi neighbor !

I'm also watching what's happening in Germany since my father is living in Bade Wurtenberg with his german wife. I don't understand why Germany is not confined as well yet.

I'm totally able to walk but goes out only once since last tuesday. I do some sport like body balance, yoga at home with some videos. I'm trying not to sweat a lot since I'm skinny and trying hard to gain some weight  :laugh:

I'm not disabled, I can do almost anything I want. Most of the time only my mind is sick. Lucky me...

So far, the last 3 days were much better. Maybe because I didn' t HAVE to go out. We'll see what will happen... Stay safe. Here in France we are heading in a situation like italians.

Hundreds of deads and a LOT of non diagnosed infected. They only test people who have severe symptoms. So when they say we have 10 000 infected, we have likely 100 000. Even more.

So sad to live a situation like this in 2020...

And yes that's my cat  :smitten:

Hi Skalliz,

that is a cute cat ;D

What do our pets think right now?? My dog is highly annoyed. So many people here in the apartment. No silence. Walks around doing that "ugh" sounds... looking at us like "uhm.. why are you here STILL???" I also noticed some habits she has which I never saw because most of the time I will not be around in the kitchen so much, but she seems to sniffle along the kitchen tables a lot and very often licking the ground. Disgusting. A nice moment when she noticed that I was watching her.  :laugh: :laugh: of course she turned around as if nothing had happened.  ;)

I had a video conference with work lately and she could not stop to run into the camera. She is now the official crisis manager of my company because she joined the crisis meeting so very often.  ::)

The last 2 days people stayed indoor. In Germany each state can decide itself if people have to stay at home or not, this makes everything complicated. Bayern and Baden Würtemberg already have made decisions, as they always do, and then the other states follow. Actually I hope for a total shut down, we need to do it right now in my eyes. I am so sorry about the rising numbers of deaths in your country:-( and Italy! oh my god...

Since I have 2 family members suffering from Corona right now, my perspective on the hole topic is on a higher level.. I am freaking out.

People need to understand that this is no longer just "a news from far far away", we are in delay.

I know France has more test kits as we have here in Germany, - can you tell me: Who is tested in France?

Here in Germany you can be very sick with a fever and the typical Corona symptoms - but you only get tested if you had contact to an infected person OR you have been in a high risk country.

This is ridiculous regarding the information we already have about the virus, but its simply like that because we do not have enough test kits.

I know that German hospitals near the French boarder have now taken patients from the French hospitals which are highly over the limit - I like that we help each other though.... :thumbsup:

Hug,

Marigold

I know France has more test kits as we have here in Germany, - can you tell me: Who is tested in France?

Here in Germany you can be very sick with a fever and the typical Corona symptoms - but you only get tested if you had contact to an infected person OR you have been in a high risk country.

This is ridiculous regarding the information we already have about the virus, but its simply like that because we do not have enough test kits.

I know that German hospitals near the French boarder have now taken patients from the French hospitals which are highly over the limit - I like that we help each other though.... :thumbsup:

Hug,

Marigold

So far I know, only people who have been near an infected and people in severe condition are being tested. They ask us to stay home and quarantine if we are not on the verge of collapsing due to inhability to breathe properly.

Basically, you have to pray you'll heal alone in your house if you catch it.

There is no more rooms for severly infected people in hospital. Our military army will built an hospital in Alsace where we have most of case (excluding parisians, second most impacted region, who are total dumbass for partying like teenagers just before the quarantine THEN flying away to small cities to be confined in a nice house with a pool, spreading the disease more in places with fewer doctors).

Military has also begun to evacuate very ill people from Alsace to the south of France where hospitals are less overwhelmed by now. They are also using the Tonnerre, a big big army boat, to evacuate sick people from Corsica to the mainland.

Seriously, I'm so scare I don't even want to go out to buy groceries even if it's still tolerated. If you don't have a valuable reason to go outside you face a fine of 145€ and possibly even jail.

This pandemia IS real, people are DYING, and in France there are more severe cases amongst youngers (less than 60 yo) than older. People who die are still mostly seniors nonetheless. Being a severe case, with pneumonia, implies a very high risk to face health consequences ALL YOUR LIFE after healing. So people should stop thinking it's only a bad flu.

On the plus side, there is less vandalism in the streets of my city.

As far as my cat is concerned, she is really happy to have both me and my partner at home. We don't live together but we didn't want to be alone, and my cat really loves him. Now she spends all her time on his lap and I feel like the invisible man  :laugh:

Hug,

Marigold

So far I know, only people who have been near an infected and people in severe condition are being tested. They ask us to stay home and quarantine if we are not on the verge of collapsing due to inhability to breathe properly.

Basically, you have to pray you'll heal alone in your house if you catch it.

There is no more rooms for severly infected people in hospital. Our military army will built an hospital in Alsace where we have most of case (excluding parisians, second most impacted region, who are total dumbass for partying like teenagers just before the quarantine THEN flying away to small cities to be confined in a nice house with a pool, spreading the disease more in places with fewer doctors).

Military has also begun to evacuate very ill people from Alsace to the south of France where hospitals are less overwhelmed by now. They are also using the Tonnerre, a big big army boat, to evacuate sick people from Corsica to the mainland.

Seriously, I'm so scare I don't even want to go out to buy groceries even if it's still tolerated. If you don't have a valuable reason to go outside you face a fine of 145€ and possibly even jail.

This pandemia IS real, people are DYING, and in France there are more severe cases amongst youngers (less than 60 yo) than older. People who die are still mostly seniors nonetheless. Being a severe case, with pneumonia, implies a very high risk to face health consequences ALL YOUR LIFE after healing.

On the plus side, there is less vandalism in the streets of my city.

As far my cat is concerned, she is really happy to have both me and my partner at home. We don't live together but we didn't want to be alone, and my cat really loves him. Now she spends all her time on his laps and I feel like the invisible man  :laugh:

oh that cat is a happy one :smitten:

I just stepped out in the garden and thought "what the....?" I could hear the birds. no sounds of the airport, the highways, the cars in my town. Normally I freak out cause I could never adopt to the non stop noise (I originally come from an area which is in nature, ..quiet). So nature says thank you right now.

So - seems the situation in Germany and France is similar. Sadly.

You made a good point talking about the consequences of having survived Covid19. I once had the normal flu and my lungs and heart are now connected because the pneumonia I had. I still suffer from that. A damage which cannot be reversed. We are all talking about not getting it, but our health systems will have to deal with so many chronic ill patients after this!

My dog was happy because I gave her a massage. She is very big. It was like exercising for me :laugh:

but our big teddybear had to be massaged, so I followed my duty, what can I do.

Stay at home and spread this attitude - thats all we can do if we do not want to have army trucks driving the dead bodies out of town. Such a scary picture from Italy :'( My heart goes out to them.

I personally have the biggest problem to deal with the thought "as soon as your friend/family member is in hospital... no contact any more. The next call might be to inform you they are dead.. and then you cannot say goodbye, not even on a funeral"

I am having a very hard time to deal with that. People around me are in delay realizing that this will be our new reality. Its okey, I am the early bird always.. but this means there is no one who can understand me right now.. I hope you understand what I mean.. :'(

I personally have the biggest problem to deal with the thought "as soon as your friend/family member is in hospital... no contact any more. The next call might be to inform you they are dead.. and then you cannot say goodbye, not even on a funeral"

I am having a very hard time to deal with that. People around me are in delay realizing that this will be our new reality. Its okey, I am the early bird always.. but this means there is no one who can understand me right now.. I hope you understand what I mean.. :'(

I have the exact same fear. My mom lives 300 km away is the west, my father 500 km away in the east. And I can't even go see them if they catch the disease... or saying goodbye in case they die of it.

I miss my family so much right now and I can only pray they don't catch the disease. Being unable to be with them in case they die, I would never recover from it.  :'(

My mother goes out 3 times a day to walk a little bit and I'm mad as hell because of it  :-[

I'm seriously think about moving out to go back in Alsace so I can be with my father and travel to my mom more often, instead of traveling one month to one, one month to another, and me being caught in the middle in a city I don't even like  :sick:

I read today that it can cause nerve damage , most of us already recovering from nerve damage . I believe it will effect us in same way like the people who suffering some serious condition. Our immune system is already compromised . Personally if corona can kill in one or two day I have no problem, I already suffered too much in this body .

This is a stupid and absolutely respectles comment cause I just wrote that 2 of my family members have Covid right now.

Corona will not kill you in 1-2 days. The death will take time and you will suffer a lot and no medication will ease that up.

If you want to make the decision that it would be besser for you to die, then please do not call the ambulance and choke slowly and alone at home.

But thank you for the information - very helpful

I have the exact same fear. My mom lives 300 km away is the west, my father 500 km away in the east. And I can't even go see them if they catch the disease... or saying goodbye in case they die of it.

I miss my family so much right now and I can only pray they don't catch the disease. Being unable to be with them in case they die, I would never recover from it.  :'(

My mother goes out 3 times a day to walk a little bit and I'm mad as hell because of it  :-[

I'm seriously think about moving out to go back in Alsace so I can be with my father and travel to my mom more often, instead of traveling one month to one, one month to another, and me being caught in the middle in a city I don't even like  :sick:

It is so horrible in the Alsace and the near German states :'( I have family and friends there, too. Some cities are totally locked down now and the people aren't even able to leave the house any more. The numbers of deaths and infected people are rising, and I think the dark figure is huge, because we cannot test everyone. This is a disaster , we need to test the people.

Today I got the message that one of my family members is feeling much better today (after 3 weeks of hell) and could walk some steps without being breathless. This has made me cry out of happniness. Doctors say still to be careful, cause it also can become worse again... so fingers crossed!

The other person in my family still struggles with fever and short breath, but cannot be transferred to a hospital :'(

I read today that it can cause nerve damage , most of us already recovering from nerve damage . I believe it will effect us in same way like the people who suffering some serious condition. Our immune system is already compromised . Personally if corona can kill in one or two day I have no problem, I already suffered too much in this body .

This is a stupid and absolutely respectles comment cause I just wrote that 2 of my family members have Covid right now.

Corona will not kill you in 1-2 days. The death will take time and you will suffer a lot and no medication will ease that up.

If you want to make the decision that it would be besser for you to die, then please do not call the ambulance and choke slowly and alone at home.

Agree ,I should have not made that comment. I was depressed , I  apologize.

I understand. As I said before, I am not my true self at the moment and my response to you was over the edge as well. I was depressed in withdrawal as well so I understand that you have these thoughts at the moment. But this may become better! It's the nature of depression we cannot believe it but I hope you will feel better soon. Things become easier with time, but I understand that depression and having symptoms non stop is exhausting and makes us believe there is no better life for us any more... I am happy I am out of the depression zone and since withdrawal have never been in it again.

Hug!  :hug:

I think all of us need to step back a bit here, and instead of finding fault with someones comments, focus on the positives. ALL of us are scared right now. Our futures are unknown now.

It might help to reflect back on WW 2. Millions of people back then lived in utter fear. With good reason. Our situation is NOWHERE near as bad as that was. And yet, we are frightened of the unknown.

I know I am a bit scared. I have tried to prepare for difficult times that might be ahead of me. I have not stockpiles stuff. But I have enough food that if someone needed food, I could give them some. This comes at a really bad time for me. I had been trying to find a part time job, but now feel I just need to stay home and "shelter in place." My county isnt badly affected yet.  But that could change in a week or less.

Please, friends, lets try to get along and support each other no matter what happened. Now more than ever, we BB folk  need each other.

east

I think all of us need to step back a bit here, and instead of finding fault with someones comments, focus on the positives. ALL of us are scared right now. Our futures are unknown now.

It might help to reflect back on WW 2. Millions of people back then lived in utter fear. With good reason. Our situation is NOWHERE near as bad as that was. And yet, we are frightened of the unknown.

I know I am a bit scared. I have tried to prepare for difficult times that might be ahead of me. I have not stockpiles stuff. But I have enough food that if someone needed food, I could give them some. This comes at a really bad time for me. I had been trying to find a part time job, but now feel I just need to stay home and "shelter in place." My county isnt badly affected yet.  But that could change in a week or less.

Please, friends, lets try to get along and support each other no matter what happened. Now more than ever, we BB folk  need each other.

east

Thanks east, my thoughts as well.

I understand. As I said before, I am not my true self at the moment and my response to you was over the edge as well. I was depressed in withdrawal as well so I understand that you have these thoughts at the moment. But this may become better! It's the nature of depression we cannot believe it but I hope you will feel better soon. Things become easier with time, but I understand that depression and having symptoms non stop is exhausting and makes us believe there is no better life for us any more... I am happy I am out of the depression zone and since withdrawal have never been in it again.

Hug!  :hug:

Well done Kiwi and Marigold.  :smitten:

We are being called to kindness.  We are being called to heal.  We are being called to get in front of fear.  Let’s not forget this.  Now is the perfect time to breathe and rest.  I’m not minimizing.  I’m accepting life on its own terms.  I can’t control anything but that.  I’m not religious, but I pray in my own way.  That all my loved ones, and all others find healing and strength. 

Today I read that China has not had a new case in 5 days.  Germany and S Korea have flattened the curve.  Italy reports a downward trend in related deaths and positive tests.  This is early days, but promising.

This too shall pass.

Today I read that China has not had a new case in 5 days.  Germany and S Korea have flattened the curve.  Italy reports a downward trend in related deaths and positive tests.  This is early days, but promising.

This too shall pass.

This is very promising!!! Thanks for sharing.

We are being called to kindness.  We are being called to heal.  We are being called to get in front of fear.  Let’s not forget this.  Now is the perfect time to breathe and rest.  I’m not minimizing.  I’m accepting life on its own terms.  I can’t control anything but that.  I’m not religious, but I pray in my own way.  That all my loved ones, and all others find healing and strength. 

This too shall pass.

Germany has NOT flattened the curve. This news is incorrect.

The background is that the institut which reports the figures had forgotten to count in the numbers from the weekend, which are coming in on Wednesday. At the moment the figures show the infections of the last 7 days, so we have not reached the peak yet. The result of the test needs 5-7 weeks to arrive. So the current numbers never contain the patients waiting for the test results. Also, in Germany only the severe cases are allowed to be tested - this is a real problem. The dark figure is much higher.

People here now start to sew masks for the hospitals. Thats the reality.