The Third 🐢 Charm.

[be...]

Thanks Free and Gardie, I know you all have followed my journey and today was just a day when I needed to purge what I have been feeling for a while. Love you guys. Stay Strong and Stay Safe.💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [La...]

• [Bl...]

• [sa...]

Begood, your story brings hope and inspiration to many, including myself. It shows that a long, careful taper based on what you feel and need will get you to the finish line and beyond. We all heal with patience and time.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Begood, your story brings hope and inspiration to many, including myself. It shows that a long, careful taper based on what you feel and need will get you to the finish line and beyond. We all heal with patience and time.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Kit, I think I had a blip of some sort today, but OK now, just needed to vent earlier. You are doing all the right things and you have learned so much during your journey, I have no doubt that you will walk off when it is your time and have all that you desire. Stay Strong and Stay Safe. :smitten:

• 3 months later...

"One Year" has passed and I am so happy that I have made it this far. After two horrible tapers that was being supervised by my ENT Doctor...finally I had enough, and decided to do it on my own, the best decision I have ever made. Both times I was in the pit of hell and because of health issues that could have been my ending, I had to reinstate...I did not feel like a failure, I felt that I had saved my life...I was in bad shape, just like all that come here to BB, I know what you are going through and I know that we are all Warriors, even when we think we will never get well, you will but it is going to take time...all the time that the Brain needs to heal. So hang on and do not give up.

I found BB after I had been tapering on my own for a while, and I am glad I did, because I do not think I could have kept chipping away at the Valium pill, it was not accurate and would have been almost impossible. I am grateful to DiazPam who taught me how to taper with a homemade water and Vodka solution, this saved me, and made it easier to make my slow 🐢 cuts.

Am I 100% healed?, no not yet, but I am well on my way, sx are very mild, when I have them, mostly tightness in my teeth, and various other nit picking things, but all in all I am doing OK. Benzo belly a lot better, but not entirely gone, but I do believe that until my Brain completely heals, I will have the belly problem, but nothing like before. So things are getting better slowly and for that I am Grateful. The things that helped me the most, was to have "Patience, Time, Hope and Acceptance and to be Grateful", even on bad days. Thankfully the third taper I only had mild blippy sx that came and went fast. So please do not ever lose Hope that you will not get better, you will...but it takes all of the above. Keeping distracted was a biggie for me too. Stay Strong and know that if I can feel better, you can too, just ride the waves and wait for the windows. BTW I never had windows, I think because I went so slow, and what I had was better than the first two tapers, and that was OK.💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

"When The World Says "Give Up"Hope Whispers, Try One More Time"

Congratulations begood...1 year benzo free,  You have done a great job!  I know you're not quite 100% ..but you will be with some more time.      You have always spread such wonderful positivity around the forum,  thank you for the support and encouragement you give to others.  Well done girl, proud of you. 

Wishing you continued healing

Magrita mini-graphics-hearts-683379.gif

Congratulations begood...1 year benzo free,  You have done a great job!  I know you're not quite 100% ..but you will be with some more time.      You have always spread such wonderful positivity around the forum,  thank you for the support and encouragement you give to others.  Well done girl, proud of you. 

Wishing you continued healing

Magrita mini-graphics-hearts-683379.gif

Thanks so much Magrita, for your kind words. Thanks for always being here for me, when I needed help with techie things, and most of all with your support to me and others here at BB. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

...Onwards and upwards, as they say!! :)

Seriously, -well done mate.. I guess your heading into “any time now” territory, and it will be a pleasure to see..!! Its not only that you traversed your discontinuation with such grace, but you have uplifted so many along the way, -shared the burden even..

Wishing you all things good.. :)

Your (often neglectful) TB..

:)

And a quick but special HI to Free..

Love you.  Magrita said it all.  ❤️🎈💋💋🙏🏼🙏🏼❤️❤️

Thank you Free, you have been with me, from the very beginning and I owe a lot to you. Thank you for walking beside me during the light and the dark. I will never give up on you ever... 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

Amazingly uplifting story!!

If you don't mind me asking, how long did this last taper take you.

I'm in the process of trying to decide to updose or switch over to something more long acting like clonazepam or Valium.

I hear horror stories of reinstating or updosing not working, but I'm completely non-functional now and need to figure out how to save myself.

I feel in my gut that I have to switch or updose and then come down slowly, which is why I was wondering how long it took you?

Thanks

WinnieDog

...Onwards and upwards, as they say!! :)

Seriously, -well done mate.. I guess your heading into “any time now” territory, and it will be a pleasure to see..!! Its not only that you traversed your discontinuation with such grace, but you have uplifted so many along the way, -shared the burden even..

Wishing you all things good.. :)

Your (often neglectful) TB..

And a quick but special HI to Free..

Thanks Cant, my TB, it has been a ride for both of us, but with your support, things easier to handle. I never thought when I came to BB that I would find a "Hero",but I did and after all you have gone through to survive, you taught me that one does not give up ever.. I am a better person because of you. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

I'm in the process of trying to decide to updose or switch over to something more long acting like clonazepam or Valium.

I hear horror stories of reinstating or updosing not working, but I'm completely non-functional now and need to figure out how to save myself.

I feel in my gut that I have to switch or updose and then come down slowly, which is why I was wondering how long it took you?

Thanks

WinnieDog

Thanks Winnie for reading. You said the magic word..."Save Myself", it took me over 5yrs, but that was for me, the best way, I just could not go through the bad times again, and it was doable. It may not take you that long, but a slower symptom based taper seems to help, but saying this, it is not written in stone that one will not have problems. I was blessed to just have blips, I alone decided that I had to do what was best for me. I have a Progress Log if you want to read about my journey. Just know that you can get off too, your way may be different than mine, but we all have to find what will work best for us. Stay Strong and Stay Safe. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

[cd...]

Thanks

WinnieDog

I have recently read old posts on the forum from back when Prof. Ashton was still answering e-mails. It would appear that Prof. Ashton advised people to reinstate on double the dose they cold-turkeyed from and when reinstating to switch their benzo to diazepam. It would appear that a lot of reinstatement failures are because of insufficient dosage.

Thanks so much Pacenik!!

Now that you say that, I recall reading that.

I read the Ashton manual in July, before I reduced my dose so quickly!

I didn't grasp the entire idea of why it was so important to taper off etc.

Doh, for your brain to catch up.

I'd taken Ativan before, while in the hospital for 6 weeks, they sent me home with nothing - no problems

Then I took clonazepam for 4 weeks to get onto Zoloft - again stopped no problems

That's why I was so fooled this time.

It was easy to get down to 0.5 mg so easily, I was sleeping fine with the Trazodone etc.

Frankly, I could have dropped the entire amount!

I didn't put it all together until just a few weeks ago.

My main issue is that every time I eat, I get anxious for 2-3 hrs - digestion process.

I also have so many ridiculous, horrendous other symptoms that are unbearable and frankly not compatible with life.

I already have histamine intolerance from using antibiotics in the spring, so switching to diazepam is not really an option, as it blocks DAO etc.

I was thinking of switching to Clonazepam or just increasing my Ativan dose?

I can't sustain my current situation though, It's just not possible.

Thanks

WinnieDog

Congratulations begood, I'm glad you found BenzoBuddies too, your positive outlook and gentle spirit are much appreciated by many here, I hope you continue to feel better and better.  :smitten:

Congratulations begood, I'm glad you found BenzoBuddies too, your positive outlook and gentle spirit are much appreciated by many here, I hope you continue to feel better and better.  :smitten:

Thanks so much Pam, this post means a lot to me. I am glad to have found BB and so many wonderful People, and thank you for the tireless commitment to help others, that you give each and everyday. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

Begood I'm so dang gone proud of you! You truly are a walking miracle after three tapers! You've got to know how strong you are!!!!! I'm inspired by your story. I know if you went through all of that then I'll be ok. Please accept my love, encouragement and gratitude for buddies like you that give us newbies something to look forward to. I'm so happy for you. You definitely deserve it! Benzo buddies is a life saver because of mods, admins and buddies like you.

Begood I'm so dang gone proud of you! You truly are a walking miracle after three tapers! You've got to know how strong you are!!!!! I'm inspired by your story. I know if you went through all of that then I'll be ok. Please accept my love, encouragement and gratitude for buddies like you that give us newbies something to look forward to. I'm so happy for you. You definitely deserve it! Benzo buddies is a life saver because of mods, admins and buddies like you.

Thanks Lady, I am so touched, I know you will be OK, you are one Mighty Warrior, and that is something the benzo beast has the most problems convincing, that you will not heal. I am glad that you found BB, and that you have found ways to distract with your fun threads. I have no doubt whatsoever that one day you will be able to get back to a good life, you have so much to offer. Stay Strong and Stay Safe. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

• 6 months later...

Nineteen Month Update, just wanted to post that I am doing well, I am still healing. As we know the Brain takes longer to heal, but it does. I had blips of sx's and dealt with them, and was able to remain functional. I do not think anyone should go as slow as I did, but this was my last try...if I did not succeed I would stay on Valium. But one must decide how to taper and what they are willing to do, to make it work for them But thankfully being a 🐢 all the way down helped me to get off and not to have horrific sx's. I healed as I went down and that is why I have not noticed big changes, but I feel good and my mind is clear. My sleep is about the same, 4 hours, sometimes 5, but deep sleep and dreams, and I wake feeling good. All in all I am doing good and for that I am grateful. Not having a benzo in my body gives me a feeling of elation and calm, it is a wonderful feeling. I would not change a thing about my taper.

I was not having problems with Valium at all, but because of things my wicked ENT said about me in front of a Office full of patients, I did not deserve that at all. Of course he made out the schedule for my first two tapers, but he nearly killed me...until I said no more and left his practice and worked with my Primary Doctor. I decided that I wanted off and I was going to do it my way, and my Primary allowed me to do it, and no problems at all with getting scripts. Of course I had hoarded a lot, because I did not trust that Valium would not be pulled off the Market, and in the years since I started, many are being yanked off benzo's and it is a sin for those that have to suffer.I do not know how people that invented these pills sleep knowing that benzo's can wreak our life. So thankfully I do not have that worry now or ever again.

Stay Strong, throw out your calendar, find the proper speed of tapering for you and do not be afraid to walk off when it is time. Walking off was a milestone for me and it will be for you too. I am grateful that I found BB and keep distracted with my threads and The Village. I really believe that all good things take time..💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thank you for this update, BG. You are an inspiration. :smitten:

Thanks Gardie, I feel the same about you and your taper. Knowing you has made me a better person.💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

So happy for u be good x

Thanks Shayna, Praying for you, I know you have had such a hard time. 💖 Peace and Healing Sleep. :smitten: