Benzo numbness /burning cause

[Ma...]

Just want to join in here to say I have neuropathy pain.  Burning 24/7 10/10 requires pain med at this point.  Feet freezing and becoming more painful.  I was multi-Floxed by Cipro and Levaquin but really hoping this is from Valium since then I at least have a chance of it going away.  Have any of you posters above been Floxed that you know of?  Could have been given as IV in hospital for any type of procedure to prevent infection.

I'm currently at 2.5 mg. Valium.  Thought I had mostly been at 8 before but have come to realize it was higher.  Also took it intermittently prior to a year ago and once in a while with Ambien.  Valium suppositories early on.

I had awful sobbing black depression that has greatly lessened, if not gone.  I may also have been afraid to leave house and that's gone.

But, my feet continue to freeze and the rest of me burns.  It is steady throughout taper - no ups or downs even with holding.  Can that happen even if it is the Valium causing it?

Also, my feet now have more pain when walking and that pain grows worse.

Hi goforit Thanks for your contribution My sympathies for your pain. I have such a lightweight case compared to all the rest here, it is almost embarrassing Glad you have mad some progress, and hope that is giving you strength to go on with your taper. I haven't had any antibiotics for a long time. But in regard to Cantfly I have had opiate exposure during both periods of increasing paresthesia, so it might be playing a role for me. I have also noticed that a pretty good dose of stress with Wife tonight brought back the calf tingling/pricking/whatever that had kind of receded. Funny I had hardly noticed how much it had improved and also makes me wonder if further relaxing, though now current plan to accomplish that is on the table, might improve things further

Matt - Unfortunately I am also on 60 mg. of Oxycontin a day and plan to taper that after the current Valium and then Neurontin.  Do you have any idea how they taper people off Oxy. at a decent rate?  I don't want more problems.  The Valium taper seems to be helping now.

Hi goforit I a, sorry but I don't really know. Maybe try on the planning your taper thread

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [So...]

• [Ca...]

• [Po...]