Impairing tinnitus during taper, please help!

[Ch...]

Yes it really is a horrible symptom and we cannot be sure it's the drug , but if it began when trying to remove it, I can only think it is, 

I see you  were taking pregabalin,  I  did try that for a week before the valium and found it turned me into a zombie , I  don't know if that started this off, or not, I only know this is so severe,

I have a deep rumbling, that vibrates through me, in the left ear,

I have always had a slight hissing sound, but now that is bad too,  I can hardly hear a thing for this noise, there is no escape ,

I sometime wonder if the fan makes it worse now.

I have so many other symptoms on top, so this as well is making life unbearable ,

I am just hoping that it will eventually settle and my body settles, but I have only got worse so far at 6.5 months,

Until you have experienced this in the very severe form it is hard to comprehend how difficult it is to cope with ,

I am hoping it will improve for both of us in the near future , 

Best wishes

Jen

Everyone has been telling me that both for pregabalin and benzos the healing process will take several months. I think we need to be patient and wait, probably it will take a few more months to start seeing some progress.

There is a success story by Eugene who was on Clonazepam for tinnitus for 15 years up to a dose of 6mg, and came off cold turkey. His tinnitus went so loud he could not hear people speaking, but after 11 months started improving and at 12 months was reduced to a slight hiss. I heard of a Lady in the pregabalin group whose tinnitus went away completely after two years, and for many it improved or reduced to something they could habituate to.

I think we owe it to ourselves to try to wait a few more months and see if this improves.

I'll be thinking of you, please hang on Jen. 

While i ct klonopin i didn't had tinnitus but horrible ear pain now iam on valium and when i taperd to 6.5 i began to have tinnitus usely in the morning and after i take my dose but it doesn't make me ferl discumfort i can live with that i am sure thing will get better for you give it time

While i ct klonopin i didn't had tinnitus but horrible ear pain now iam on valium and when i taperd to 6.5 i began to have tinnitus usely in the morning and after i take my dose but it doesn't make me ferl discumfort i can live with that i am sure thing will get better for you give it time

It is a good sign that the tinnitus is not constant, Jondoe. I hope it will go completely once you get to zero. Mine is constant and worsening, unfortunately.  I hope it goes back to a tolerable level at some point

• 4 months later...

Another update on my journey, not a good one unfortunately.

In trying to control the tinnitus I have been trying other medications, while staying on Clonazepam at 0.375. However none of the other medications or treatments worked and the tinnitus has continued inexorably to worsen. I cannot think of anything else than the drug causing this constant worsening, but there is no way to be sure.

I am struggling to survive daily with a level of tinnitus that is torturing. Honestly I can't take much worse than this but I need to know if it's the drug. Not sure what to do, start and Ashton taper? I had tried re-updosing to 0.5 for a few weeks but it didn't help that much really. Anyone who has fought with horrid, and I mean really horrid tinnitus during taper and then improved a few months off? I can't see myself making it but I have to try something.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this on the Tinnitus group as well but trying to get feedback from the broad community as I am desperate.

I keep worsening with impossible tinnitus on a weekly basis. It's horrible. I'm in 24/7 agony. Can't go on. I don't see how I can push through with this. If I'm in tolerance or even paradoxical I have no other choice, but slowing down the taper to make it more tolerable would not work as I'm suffering too much already. I already know that a little updosing will do nothing, as I tried it in the past, updosing from 0.25 to 0.5 Clonazepam only improved things marginally, making me slightly more calm but the noise was the same. I would need to updose a lot and hope to stabilize at higher doses and see if the electric, extremely high pitched, unmaskable noise calms down but it's so risky. On the other hand I have to survive this somehow. Where do I find the strength to push through with this worsening agony?

Anyone who has been paradoxical for tinnitus or in strong tolerance, where even holding a dose of 0.5 clonazepam was causing worsening every week? I started a reduction plan of 10% progressive cuts but I'm worsening and suffering so much that I question whether I should try a rapid taper? I'm really desperate.