Has anyone with SEVERE MUSCLE PAIN gotten better eventually?

[va...]

Magnesium is able to take magnesium which helps muscles. I took that as well as diazepam and Methocarbamol before WD and even then still had rigidity in mid back to top of neck but could lie on sofa with legs up on cushions even if couldn’t lie flat or sit for long.

Yes, magnesium helped relieve the tightness but I don't know if it helped me heal. Indeed, as some people say it affects the same receptors as the benzo, I was worried that it could mess up the healing. However, it didn't.

One thing I have the feeling is important is not going back and forth on the dose. But this is only a feeling. The fact is just that I was very ill and recovered.

I think you will too, val, give it time. And you too Ajusta. How are you now? Can you walk? Shop? Take care of yourself?

Magnesi I see what you mean, however I'm already kindled from previous cts. Last summer, if I hadn't updosed, I probably wouldn't be here any more. I can't even begin to describe the mental disability I had, let alone the SI, and realize there's a daughter who depends on me fully. No husband, not even a father, nothing. I did what I had to do period.

I also updosed once, val, we do what we have to do to survive  :smitten:

Yes we do. Actually I really wouldn't care about life if it weren't for her. But I love her to pieces. She's my priority, the taper is secondary. On a different note, I still have that magnesium glycinate and I'm considering giving it another chance, but I'm terrified! 😩

I wish I could take magnesium but for me it causes worse terror from sounds, akathesia worsens, more veg braying, head whooshing and fizzing and sweating and feeling like dying.

All meds do this even paracetemol

I am in hell trying to taper clon after went up on diazepam then dropped then up to 1.5mgs clin then dropped to 0,25 then back up to 1mg and stopped rest of diazepam and Neuro tried Topirimate and the Tegretol for muscle contracture both of which caused same psychotic terror symptoms as everything g else and made all muscles collapse like clon does now as well.

Can’t take anything to relax muscles but getting crushed again as dose gets lower.

Now on 0.6mgs clon and akathesia, frenzied eating, terror, hyperacusis, terror of everything g getting much worse very quickly.

Having lumbar puncture tomorrow. Terrified as just being in that environment will be overwhelming and terrifying and knowing hypermobility can make complications of it worse is scary and am supposed to lie flat after but can’t. Couldn’t lie flat on the diazepam since surgery in 2001.

Wow Ajusta,

That is awful. More than awful.  I.think.well imo,.you need to.hold for a long time.  You.made lots of changes and that messes us up worse. I think so. It happened to me. I.probably never would have had this pain if my co.from x to v wasnt done wrong. Then i went back to.k it was hellish. I.never had any injuries or heath.problems in my.life up.until.8.mos ago. Plus i was put on a statin im off now.  Wtf. Sorry. 

What a joke. I would use alot of alternating heat and ice. Ly dd

I got same muscle issues after spending g a year tapering 3mgs diazepam.

I was on Benzos for these issues.

Taking the clon is causing terrible muscle stuff as well.

Heat, ice etc do nothing. The consistency of my muscle tissue has literally changed - it has turned to hard from biotic rubber. Muscle relaxants just make it stretch a bit but do not change it.

Massage and stretching does nothing.

Janice,

What is mag glycinate. It is different from reg magnesium. It helps mucles. I will get some!!.I can.deg feel mine healing it just takesso long. I got a foam.roller for 10 bucks

I think it is helping. Taking.ibupofin again. Heat and ice.alternating.  I might make some kind of smoothie concoction. Green lettuce spinach.frozen.berries flax and chia. Somethimg with.mega nutrients. Lettuce has alot of mag and.potassium. Plus you get omegas and antioxidants from flax chia and fruit. I am doing ot!!

Suzy I'm so glad all this is working for you! Glycinate is just one type of magnesium, there are three or four. A buddie said she took it and it was great and silly of me I went and bought it, but my mental sxs got worse. I never know if it's the supplement or if the wave was coming anyway.

Thats what makes this so dam tricky! You just dont know. Maybe you could take a tiny piece and see how you react. If your really svared then dont. It may make you.more anxios. I am afraid to take anything also. After that teva i could not believe.my body reacted that way. Maybe its fillers. Then you think.if i take this or that will.it.prevent healing. This sucks. Sorry

I have bern swearimg lately.

Thats what makes this so dam tricky! You just dont know. Maybe you could take a tiny piece and see how you react. If your really svared then dont. It may make you.more anxios. I am afraid to take anything also. After that teva i could not believe.my body reacted that way. Maybe its fillers. Then you think.if i take this or that will.it.prevent healing. This sucks. Sorry

I agree, maybe you could wait for a time when you were not that bad, i.e., "only" physical symptoms and take only a bit of magnesium. I used to dissolve it in a bottle of water and drink it throughout the day.

I agree, maybe you could wait for a time when you were not that bad, i.e., "only" physical symptoms and take only a bit of magnesium. I used to dissolve it in a bottle of water and drink it throughout the day.

Magnesi that's a great idea but I've been waiting for that time since June and at this point I've given up waiting. I just have to assume this is going to be the way it is for me I think. I could live with the pain because I'm not suffering as other poor dear buddies here in that aspect, but the mental symptoms could kill me if I go back to where I was, and I mean they could literally kill me. So I'm kind of here, not moving, not wanting to move anything to see if I can help my poor brain to heal. I know he's working hard on it. Real hard.

Anyone else tried Epson salts in hot water? I soak my feet in tub with several cups of Epson Salts when I am desperate for relief. An EDS doctor suggested this. I have hypermobility and my symptoms are mostly muscle tightening and joints twisting, literally head to toe. The Epson salts for about 30 min helps me. Also I follow it with a magnesium oil lotion.

Walking in a pool 2-3 times a week helps too. Once I haul myself over there and force myself to move my muscles seem to slightly loosen up. It calms me down, too, which is half the battle I guess.

Anyone else tried Epson salts in hot water? I soak my feet in tub with several cups of Epson Salts when I am desperate for relief. An EDS doctor suggested this. I have hypermobility and my symptoms are mostly muscle tightening and joints twisting, literally head to toe. The Epson salts for about 30 min helps me. Also I follow it with a magnesium oil lotion.

Walking in a pool 2-3 times a week helps too. Once I haul myself over there and force myself to move my muscles seem to slightly loosen up. It calms me down, too, which is half the battle I guess.

Glad that helps you!

Wish could go to pool but have terror so bad scared of look, sound and feel of water in own bath and when went to physio with pool in same building chlorine made me very ill.

I have hypermobility Syndrome - probably EDS but was never well enough to travel to consultant for proper diagnosis.

In WD do all your muscles feel like they are turning to tight fibrotic rubber?

Where the muscles attach to bones have they gone to tight lumps of gristle?

I had to reinstate again as muscles unbearable and no position could bear to be in but not working and now where all joints were rigid like stone muscles feel like adhesions and tacky white glue that gets harder as dose wears off.

It is from head to toes - every muscle.

Before reinstatement jaw got so tight snapped shut if tried to open it. Getting like that again as dose gets lower - feels like crushing my face. Teeth feel tight and numb.

Can’t take any meds at all now.

I note that diazepam is suggested treatment for TMJ issues in EDS and now can’t take it.

My jaw joint has dislocated or collapsed and bite way off. Been referred to oral surgeon but other joints are doing this too.

That might be why they mgs like Alpha Lipoic Acid seem to help some ppl. Also turmeric etc.

I need something to help the fixed contracted spasm/dystonia.

That might be why they mgs like Alpha Lipoic Acid seem to help some ppl. Also turmeric etc.

I need something to help the fixed contracted spasm/dystonia.

If using turmeric, you may want to look into the absorption of it. For example, forms that are hydro-soluble absorb better.