What builds gabba back up

[su...]

Vigorous exercise has been proven to not only raise GABA levels but raise their production rate as well. I know for a fact things started to turn around for me when I started making exercising part of my routine & it’s done absolutely nothing but helped ever since. I’m living a wonderful life at just a year off from CT of 4 mg of Xanax & suboxone as well. I posted an article month’s back that did a study on the percentages of GABA levels in those that exercised hard for 20 min & a group that didn’t. The group that did showed almost an 80% increase if I’m not mistaken. I’ve been running weekly for over 10 month’s now and am in the best shape of my life. RARELY come back her. In all honesty, I’ve gladly moved on from benzos being any part of my life. Hopefully this can help in some way. Take care & all the best [/img]

Can you please link the article you posted? I would love to read it  :)

Vigorous exercise has been proven to not only raise GABA levels but raise their production rate as well. I know for a fact things started to turn around for me when I started making exercising part of my routine & it’s done absolutely nothing but helped ever since. I’m living a wonderful life at just a year off from CT of 4 mg of Xanax & suboxone as well. I posted an article month’s back that did a study on the percentages of GABA levels in those that exercised hard for 20 min & a group that didn’t. The group that did showed almost an 80% increase if I’m not mistaken. I’ve been running weekly for over 10 month’s now and am in the best shape of my life. RARELY come back her. In all honesty, I’ve gladly moved on from benzos being any part of my life. Hopefully this can help in some way. Take care & all the best [/img]

Thanks. I know you exercised early and did very well. I'm still afraid as I get so bad somedays foggy headed anxiety, weird sensations and worst benzo rage. I don't want to make the anger worse. Did you deal with this symptom at all?

You do not eat GABA products to help with healing.  GABA (full name, Gamma-Aminobutyric acid) is an amino acid produced naturally in the brain. GABA functions as a neurotransmitter, facilitating communication among brain cells. GABA’s big role in the body is to reduce the activity of neurons in the brain and central nervous system. What you eat is digested and not used in the brain.

Of course what you eat is used by the brain. Do you think it has a seperate power supply?

Your brain has a barrier and what you eat does not go directly to it or through the barrier. Your brain runs on glucose. GABA receptors are what control all muscle functions.

[f4...]

You have plenty of gaba stored in the troughs next to the receptors.  It’s the receptors that are down regulated. 

But that’s a great list of healthy foods to eat!

Sofa

So it is not empty of gaba in my messed up brain? I thought gaba receptors produced gaba but no not able to do that... :smitten:

Thanks. I know you exercised early and did very well. I'm still afraid as I get so bad somedays foggy headed anxiety, weird sensations and worst benzo rage. I don't want to make the anger worse. Did you deal with this symptom at all?

I dealt with symptoms for month’s while exercising & still do. Although the intensity & severity has significantly decreased with time. But for the first couple month’s I would be fighting off panic attacks as I’m running. Not to mention the burning nerve pain, electric jolts, fatigue, rashes, & burning skin. But I didn’t stop. I just kept trying to push through it everyday. Some days I would b able to & other’s not so much. Now, after 9/10 months of not going longer than a week & a half without running I feel 99.9% healed almost all the time. I still have some symptoms on a daily basis, but entirely physical. I haven’t had any mental issues in month's now. This is the way I looked at it. Now matter how crappy I would feel before or after running? Running & exercise is beneficial. It can’t actually hurt u no matter how much it feels like it is. After about a month and a half to two month’s, I started noticing the benefits daily. I was in a better mood, had more of an appetite, was getting better sleep, & just felt much more clear minded. So much so, it’s become a regular part of my life now. I personally believe this has been the most beneficial factor to my healing process. It takes time, but I know that in the time I spent exercising? I’ve felt drastically better than in the time I didn’t. Hope this can help, take care, all the best.

• 2 months later...

You do not eat GABA products to help with healing.  GABA (full name, Gamma-Aminobutyric acid) is an amino acid produced naturally in the brain. GABA functions as a neurotransmitter, facilitating communication among brain cells. GABA’s big role in the body is to reduce the activity of neurons in the brain and central nervous system. What you eat is digested and not used in the brain.

Of course what you eat is used by the brain. Do you think it has a seperate power supply?

You do not understand what the brain uses for energy, it uses glucose. What you eat gets metabolized and only cellular matter goes into our blood to other parts of the body. Very few thing cross the blood brain barrier.            The tight gap allows only small molecules, fat-soluble molecules, and some gases to pass freely through the capillary wall and into brain tissue. Some larger molecules, such as glucose, can gain entry through transporter proteins, which act like special doors that open only for particular molecules. https://qbi.uq.edu.au/brain/brain-anatomy/what-blood-brain-barrier

It's not GABA, it's the GABA receptors that cannot utilise it. No supplements or food can up regulate the receptors and the havoc this causes the body and the whole functioning (some worse than others), until they heal. Exercise will not do it either, many cannot exercise much, if you can great. Everyone is different in this, symptoms, damage, healing time, severity etc.

Adding my 2 pence here...

I thought that according to the prof Ashton manual, the issue is not so much the amount of GABA in our body as their down'regulatec state. Our body needs to learn how to up regulate its GABA. Furthermore, prof Ashton goes on to say that very few of the ingested GABA finds its way into the brain...

Now, maybe I got it wrong...

SG

I'm not sure what helps GABA directly. However I think a healthy diet, eating foods that promote brain health, lots of water and exercise daily if you can will help a lot. There are plenty of studies that show exercise is very good for your mental health, and who knows, maybe after walking off the extra adrenaline will help the brain remember is needs to calm down after the fight or flight feeling. That last part is pretty anecdotal but from the handful of youtubers that promote positive information (avoiding horror stories), the general consensus is you have to retrain your self to manage these feelings. 

I mean think about it this way. There were studies done on what causes new neuronal pathways to be created (which is what is needed to heal because the old pathways have down regulated GABA).

A study showed that people who learned a new skill, in this case learning a piano, showed on brain scans that after a couple of weeks, learning a new skill did promote new pathways to form rather than the control group who didn't.

I find this study Interesting because it supports the idea that the best healing for the brain is to challenge it so it can adapt. I look at it this way. Anything you learned in life, after practice, becomes almost second nature. So I would think this would help in some regard when it comes to neurogenesis.

Theres this one youtuber who went through the BWD and pretty much made it his mantra that sitting around everyday suffering isn't going to heal you and that you have to actively be a part of the healing process for it to be effective.

I have a boss who had a brain tumor, and she told me that after the surgery she couldn't remember her family or how to do basic things like feeding herself. After doing physical therapy that challenged these issues, she recovered. I am a firm believer that doing all you can to make your brain work it will eventually find its homeostasis again.

I truly believe that self care will accelerate healing.