Remeron

[e3...]

i have currently restarted remeron 15 for sleep and its not helping. only been on it about a week. not getting any rest. what do you think? i dont know what to do.

I only took 1/4 of my 15mg tablet two nights ago and again last night and slept through an hour long tornado siren!  ::).  I have read in many places that the smaller the dose the more sedating.  I haven't slept that well for months.  Try less.  :smitten::thumbsup:

I ended up taking Remeron because I saw that a lot of people said it helped them.

Me too... and there are articles written about how it helps in Benzo tapering.  :smitten::thumbsup:

I have been taking small doses of seroquell every other night to sleep. While I agree the best method of getting of medicines is to allow the brain to heal while adding no additional medications like sleeping pills on the other hand when you go 5, 6 or 7 days or longer without sleep you have to get rest to deal with the other WD symptoms.

When my insomnia starts it rages hard and it goes for weeks with me getting almost zero sleep every night. After a few days I have to take something or Im a basket case. I went 9 days last fall with zero sleep and my body just doesnt have the stamina for it now.

I read some bad stuff about seroquell and I had the doctor call me in remeron after reading people talk about it on here. I think they are 15 mg. I probably will quarter them starting out and see how they do.

I have been taking small doses of seroquell every other night to sleep. While I agree the best method of getting of medicines is to allow the brain to heal while adding no additional medications like sleeping pills on the other hand when you go 5, 6 or 7 days or longer without sleep you have to get rest to deal with the other WD symptoms.

When my insomnia starts it rages hard and it goes for weeks with me getting almost zero sleep every night. After a few days I have to take something or Im a basket case. I went 9 days last fall with zero sleep and my body just doesnt have the stamina for it now.

I read some bad stuff about seroquell and I had the doctor call me in remeron after reading people talk about it on here. I think they are 15 mg. I probably will quarter them starting out and see how they do.

I agree with you... symptoms are worse with no sleep and some of us have jobs that require us to be focused.  It makes absolutely no sense to suffer through an already hellish taper from a Benzo and not get sleep when that lack of sleep can cause a number of negative things to happen.  Right now my focus is getting rid of the Benzo then I will tackle the small amount of Remeron... one step at a time.  I admire the people on this forum who can struggle and suffer through their Benzo taper without any help... especially when they have jobs, kids, etc but I'm not one of them.  I have to function and no sleep is not an option for me.  Thank you for your message!  :smitten::thumbsup:

I agree with you... symptoms are worse with no sleep and some of us have jobs that require us to be focused.  It makes absolutely no sense to suffer through an already hellish taper from a Benzo and not get sleep when that lack of sleep can cause a number of negative things to happen.  Right now my focus is getting rid of the Benzo then I will tackle the small amount of Remeron... one step at a time.  I admire the people on this forum who can struggle and suffer through their Benzo taper without any help... especially when they have jobs, kids, etc but I'm not one of them.  I have to function and no sleep is not an option for me.  Thank you for your message!  :smitten::thumbsup:

No problem I hope you get rest and heal soon. Good luck

Hello Warriors...

I started Remeron 7.5 mgs a week ago (a very small dose)...and so far it's been working well.  I SO wanted to not go on any meds at all (and tried for 4 weeks), but this second stop of Xanax had my anxiety levels beyond anything I could comprehend.    (How a body can handle that, I have no idea).  I also got to the point where I was afraid of bedtime, with all the crazy anxiety attacks that hit during sleep.  Ughhh. 

The big improvements are sleep, but most of all, my anxiety...although I still battle myself hourly in the fact that I AM taking a damn med.  :tickedoff:    I just have to get over that though and be glad that I am much more stable now... 

I have no idea how long this recovery journey will be, but am hopeful that this small dose of med will see me through to the end, then a slow wean off.

NOTE:  I went to Remeron after reading all of the people who did use it and how much it helped them. 

Diana 

P.S.  I am a horrible patient.

Hello Warriors...

I started Remeron 7.5 mgs a week ago (a very small dose)...and so far it's been working well.  I SO wanted to not go on any meds at all (and tried for 4 weeks), but this second stop of Xanax had my anxiety levels beyond anything I could comprehend.    (How a body can handle that, I have no idea).  I also got to the point where I was afraid of bedtime, with all the crazy anxiety attacks that hit during sleep.  Ughhh. 

The big improvements are sleep, but most of all, my anxiety...although I still battle myself hourly in the fact that I AM taking a damn med.  :tickedoff:    I just have to get over that though and be glad that I am much more stable now... 

I have no idea how long this recovery journey will be, but am hopeful that this small dose of med will see me through to the end, then a slow wean off.

NOTE:  I went to Remeron after reading all of the people who did use it and how much it helped them. 

Diana 

P.S.  I am a horrible patient.

Me too... I relate with everything you said! I started Remeron (small dose) last Sunday and it's been a lifesaver.  I was horribly sleep deprived and did not want to take anything.  I wanted to be drug free but I was in such a bad place that I couldn't even function.  Prior to the Remeron script my Dr. prescribed Gabapentin, Seroquil, Amitriptyline and Tramadol. I refused every RX... didn't even pick them up and for months have been fighting the urge to go on another med.  For me and in the multitude of many friends helping me to make a good decision I decided to try the Remeron.  It had been sitting on my bathroom counter for a week before I actually took just a small amount.  I started at about 3.5 mg. The first night I was out... slept through a tornado siren and warnings... was out for 12-hours! For the rest of the week I have had decent sleep and I have to say... I feel so much better.  I am functioning and motivated to get things done.  I don't regret taking it because in all honestly I personally needed to do something.  I was NOT in a good place and I have to function.  I don't have anyone to help... I couldn't be laying in bed for days.  Not acceptable.  Anyway... I hope that you are well.... don't be too hard on yourself with your choice.  Many thoughts for a successful taper for you!  :thumbsup::smitten:

Remeron never worked for me. After coming off benzo I tried 3 times for few months and made my head symptoms much worse. Now after coming off remeron 20 months ago still suffering from severe headpain 24/7, anxiety, insomnia, and terrible tinnitus

Remeron definitely made my symptoms worse, and slow down my healing.

I tried 3 times bc I saw here on BB is actually helping with so many people... I thought it will work for me too..never did.

Remeron never worked for me. After coming off benzo I tried 3 times for few months and made my head symptoms much worse. Now after coming off remeron 20 months ago still suffering from severe headpain 24/7, anxiety, insomnia, and terrible tinnitus

Remeron definitely made my symptoms worse, and slow down my healing.

I tried 3 times bc I saw here on BB is actually helping with so many people... I thought it will work for me too..never did.

Unfortunately everyone is different.  There is never a one size fits all in this med withdrawal equation is there?  How are you doing now? I hope you are making some progress and things are looking a little better for you.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Following.

I'm not there yet, but trying to keep an open mind.

Thanks everyone

LC

Your welcome... we are all in this together... trying to survive.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Very grateful to see PERSONAL accounts of AD Sx.

It's an OCD effort (skipping, just for today) to wade through ncbi, Elsevier (if not pay-walled) etc. to find what "Medicine is an Inexact Science" has on the record for frequency and such of side effects.

What CAN be found (if not $$ Slanted "study") are described as if the human "Sample" are The Rats of NimH

MC

• 4 weeks later...
Nobody has the knowledge nor the right to say that mirtazapine is the most benign medication! That’s just not true. It’s taken 5 years of my life to a hell I’ve barely survived...no end in site! It’s nearly killed me!  nobody knows how a drug will affect an individual and nobody should recommend any medication. I stupidly took the advice about it from people on here nearly 7 years ago! I know it was never to deliberately cause harm but I took that advice on board being so desperate and vulnerable. It’s been the biggest mistake of my life.. please be careful everyone, I’d hate for this to happen to any of you.

Nobody has the knowledge nor the right to say that mirtazapine is the most benign medication! That’s just not true. It’s taken 5 years of my life to a hell I’ve barely survived...no end in site! It’s nearly killed me!  nobody knows how a drug will affect an individual and nobody should recommend any medication. I stupidly took the advice about it from people on here nearly 7 years ago! I know it was never to deliberately cause harm but I took that advice on board being so desperate and vulnerable. It’s been the biggest mistake of my life.. please be careful everyone, I’d hate for this to happen to any of you.

MM, you're right, Mirtazapine is most definitely not harmless. It is one of the more dangerous antidepressants.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5842559/?report=classic

According to this study, the Remeron more than doubles the mortality rate among people who take it. I think the reason it is so popular on BB is because it has strong sedative properties due to its effect on histamine. This was the first drug I had a very bad reaction to and it helped kick off my clonazepam dependency. I would stay away from this drug if you can.

MM: glad you survived  :thumbsup:. I felt like I was going to starve or die of exhaustion in withdrawal from this drug. There have been some other stories like that on BB too.

We all know the risks of meds as most of us have struggled with meds for years.  Everyone does respond differently.  I would NEVER suggest a med to anyone as I believe everyone should and must make their own decision.  As for me... I HAD to do something for sleep as my taper from Clonazepam was getting so bad that I wasn't functioning.  I haven't worked for two years, I'm single and now my savings is completely depleted because I stubbornly refused a med to help with my taper.  I gained twenty pounds and now have multiple health issues because I wasn't doing well on my taper. To me and for my own particular need it was stupid to try and be a hero, taper at home and not take something to help.  You are right... I hope and pray that the Remeron (Mirt) doesn't give me a lot of problems but right now my focus is getting this Benzo out of my life. I've been on it for fifteen years!! I only plan on taking the Mirt for a few months not five years.  I will never again stay on a drug for so many months.  I hope you get better and your body heals... I wish that for all of us.  :thumbsup: