I am forced to go back to work but still really sick...cope? How?

[48...]

If it is really bad, you can get temporary disability...maybe....worth looking into.

I need to get back to work too and I'm not completely better yet. To interview I'll need to be able to hold it together and my job requires my being able to think on my feet (I"m an engineer)....so I need to be better than I am now....

To others that a forced to back to work still suffer really bad? I am still stucked with these intense inner tremor and awful dr dp and visual issues...

I am a reg nurse and I am forced to go back to work again. I might end up in a new job because I cant focus as a nurse. It will be dangerous. So how do you cope working while still really messed up....this state of dissociation is killing me

Please keep in contact with me.  I'm in your corner. I'm a nurse as well... on workers comp with an injury brought on by a patient and I will have to return to work soon.  I began my taper a few months before my injury and I wasn't having withdrawal symptoms... now I'm basically non-functioning on certain days.  The thought of being in emergency situations and being responsible for fragile humans in a hospital is horrible and I don't think I can do it.  I have four more months to taper and then who knows how long to heal.  :-\ I'm looking for other options as far as a job until I feel functional.  Congrats on quitting and hugs!  :smitten::thumbsup:

[48...]

To others that a forced to back to work still suffer really bad? I am still stucked with these intense inner tremor and awful dr dp and visual issues...

I am a reg nurse and I am forced to go back to work again. I might end up in a new job because I cant focus as a nurse. It will be dangerous. So how do you cope working while still really messed up....this state of dissociation is killing me

Please keep in contact with me.  I'm in your corner. I'm a nurse as well... on workers comp with an injury brought on by a patient and I will have to return to work soon.  I began my taper a few months before my injury and I wasn't having withdrawal symptoms... now I'm basically non-functioning on certain days.  The thought of being in emergency situations and being responsible for fragile humans in a hospital is horrible and I don't think I can do it.  I have four more months to taper and then who knows how long to heal.  :-\ I'm looking for other options as far as a job until I feel functional.  Congrats on quitting and hugs!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Pm me  :smitten:

I came to find that when I went back to work, my job became the only thing that really, truly distracted me from the hellish mental symptoms.

I came to find that when I went back to work, my job became the only thing that really, truly distracted me from the hellish mental symptoms.

Same here. Its the only only only reason that I put myself still back to work. I can feel the distraction when i put myself out of bed and into my working dress in the morning. Its my cells yelling "distraction - yeyyyyyy!" although I do not like the job any more and its a lot of stress, I am just not able to think about my life in this time..

True statement.

I pm'd you a week ago.  :smitten:

Hi there. How is work? I had the same concern after taking a few days off after an ER visit from excruciating spasms. I am currently in post acute due to a C/T of Xanax, Gabapentin and Ambien (short term) by my doctor and psychiatrist, smh. (I will have to post my actual story). Today marks 60 days off of Xanax. Challenges everyday. But I still have to work everyday. I too am a Behavioral Health Therapist like Warrior24. I see clients everyday. My younger clients aren’t aware, but my older clients see that my energy is low and have noticed my weight loss. At times, I need to close the door, take a break or just go to my car and let the waves pass...BUT, interestingly enough, as everyone has said, working actually allows you to focus on something else. We need distractions, so maybe look at work like a “mandatory distraction”. We have to work (mandatory) and it keeps us from ruminating (distraction). Thankfully, my supervisor and program director have been as accommodating as they can be. They are allies through this process. Going back to work is challenging. But maybe there will be an ally there for you. Just think, working through withdrawal?! DEFINITELY a challenge you are tackling, will look back on and be proud of. What a feat! You can do it! (As I type this I’m also speaking to myself as well).

I went back school took six class of course no grade to be awarded just auditor  very helpful every it’s Easyer .  There  were days I went I had brake through anxiety but I went anyways. Some days I sat waiting for the class to end but I went to rewire my brain. I still have brake through anxiety last all day but things are getting better!!! You can’t set on the coach all day . It been one he’ll of  fight to get better!

I worked through it all, I was a student when It began, I then began work after a year, withdrawals were mainly the mentally symptoms. Severe cognitive impairment, memory loss, distorted thinking, the brain malfunctions at times and what happens during that glitch is just hard and weird to discribe. I worked as boilermaker and mechanical fitter with large ash removing conveyors and gearboxes. The plants I worked in were huge and dangerous and extremely noisy. I don't know how I made it cause one mistake can result in severe injury if not fatal. I then progressed to being a safety officer, still in withdrawal, and having to exercise all it's duties with a half functioning brain. Working is the best distraction, it's extremely hard at times, perhaps most the time, but it's better than being in bed and paying attention to your mental symptoms that's more torture.... I'm healed now. So we do heal guys, takes time but if you can focus on distractions and set little mini goals, like saving up money for something useful in the house, or fixing something in house or anything at all, and repeat that and before you know it, symptoms begin falling off one by one.

David 🙏🏽

I couldn't possibly do it - had to get on SSDI. I can hardly manage to navigate through a typical day, let alone a job situation. Used to work FT + PT, even 2 FT jobs when I was younger but now I'm a dysfunctional wreck. I need to feel productive or creative so I try to play/rec music. The level I'm at now is far from what it once was but it is what it is. I can only do it in short periods and have to go back to bed or hang out with the cat - helps to ease my mind. I try to meditate too but it's so hard to stay focused. Benzos really trashed my head - they are just vile drugs. I don't see how you do it - you're tougher than me!

[48...]

Will answer soon bad bad bad big wave

Will answer soon bad bad bad big wave

I hope you are feeling better.  :'(