Does anyone know people in REAL life who have healed?

[Pt...]

Went cold turkey from high dose of Xanax 4 years ago. I went through sheer hell. I can assure u will be back to normal. Let your mind heal. Give it time. Try fasting. It was the only thing that helped me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Pt...]

• [Ka...]

• [va...]

• 4 weeks later...
I was on Klonopin back in college 2003-2004. Every day for over a year. I guess I had a good Dr. then because I was tapered properly. I did not have one sx ever. Now I was on this poison for 4 months and now live in hell.

[6d...]

Yes I know and speak to people daily who are healed.  Some CTd some tapered all are healed.  You have to seek out the positive!  This is not something you can't heal from.  You have to try, exercise and do what you can every day! 

B

I now know a lot of people on these meds more than I ever cared to know. And they don’t believe this can happen but they also won’t stop the meds. They think I am crazy have anxiety and need the medication

Yes I know and speak to people daily who are healed.  Some CTd some tapered all are healed.  You have to seek out the positive!  This is not something you can't heal from.  You have to try, exercise and do what you can every day! 

B

Did they have nasty debilitating symptoms or was their withdrawal not bad to begin with?

[6d...]

Yes!  Some were bedridden, some lost everything.  Some CTd off 5 drugs, some off 1.  From 70-25 years old.  Some worked the whole time some didn't!  No rhyme or reason to any of it!  They just healed!  If you want to talk to someone go on Facebook and they are there.

Seems like losing everything is more my outlook everyday. I hate the US social support systems. Ineffective and uncaring when nobody asked for this.

[6d...]
Change your outlook? I needed proof, I need it daily, I found it and you can too.  Seek out the positive!  Or don't its up to you what you want to surround yourself with.  I m choosing positive every minute of every day!  I have to for me.  You can and you will!  Don't Give up!  Stay at it.  Do whatever it takes to get through it.  Trust me it's hard every day I m not healed and I don't know how long it will take but it is not taking any more from me!  I have to go on!  I have too much to live for and so do you! 

I'm trying. Work isn't going well for me right now and I can't afford to lose a job or not be able to work. I don't mean to sound down and out, I've never been one to hold confidence in myself and that's going to complicate this process. Just want to hide from the world and knowing I can't is a burden. This isn't the point of this topic and I'm sorry for killing the vibe lol. My personality sucks sometimes. I'm considering therapy for all of this, just not processing it well.

Good to know healing comes with time however difficult benzo WD is. If I do lose everything, at least I can look forward to starting over.

Hi...  Not on BB much anymore.... But... PTSDMORE... you are hearing from one, me, who totally healed from this. Without going into a long story, but give all of you some about my situation and what occurred.  I had chemical shellfish poisoning in the 1980's, with all that was taking place,  my CNS was experiencing symptoms just like benzo wds... something I had no awareness of.  I was put on valium after 10 days of that happening...  Of course, all became worse and my only reference point was the initial.  I ct after 6 months.  I was in hell before the ct and went through the same hell for some years.  Fast forward..  my husband for a stupid situation the hspt did, his system reacted horrible and he ended on Ativan...  All hell broke loose.  I found through so much searching online, after 3 months with what he was going through - benzo.org.  I was floored... I then knew the total picture what happened to me, and now knew the truth with my husband.  I joined BB in 7/2010.   

Due to knowing the truth with myself and HEALED... I became a very active supporter online.  I also took several persons from BB under my wing that I became close to... AND they have all healed also.

So... YES..  you will heal totally from this.  My suggestion... Read "The Four Phases", a bbs "Sofa" posted that is now permanent on this category...    Follow the "does and don'ts".    This is what I shared with her, as well as each one I personally supported..... And it does help to create less havoc.

You will totally heal from this... I can guarantee this in honesty... From myself, with my husband and all others I personally supported off BB...  The key to help... Following what Sofa shares...

Hugs to all of you... Pattylu  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you so much Patty Lu

How I wish you were here!

B

I'm still around B.... You just stay close to one and all on this site... you'll all support each other.  I haven't left.. so I'll check in.

Hugs to you,  Pattylu

I don't come on the forum to often anymore but I am someone who's life was a complete disaster from xanax and I have healed 100%.  I saw someone posted that you can't look at your healing on daily basis instead look over time and see the improvement.  Once I did this and learned to let go and just accept where I was and live my life the best I could, things started to better faster.  I learned to stop myself from analyzing every little twitch and thought and gone on with life.  I am saying this was easy to do however, it did get easier with practice.

Since English is not my native language, it has been difficult to read all posts.

When you read about famous people, they talk about hell for a few months. I have never read about anyone who has been ill for several years. Or do they disappear from all attention?

Have also seen TV shows about rehab. After a few months they are so happy, and have gained weight. Or are they in a window? During this time, I did not experience life as they do. I was completely bedridden. So I don't understand why their recovery is going so fast?

Translator, I think those celebrities usually detox from street drugs, not benzos. If people are on cocaine and decide to detox and take it seriously, they're fine in two months. Benzos are a different beast.

All the problems come from brain damage.When the head symptom disappeared, also recovered.

So people who have recovered, have your head symptoms gone away?When did it disappear?

Translator, I think those celebrities usually detox from street drugs, not benzos. If people are on cocaine and decide to detox and take it seriously, they're fine in two months. Benzos are a different beast.

Thanks for your reply. Now I understand!  :thumbsup:

:mybuddy:

:hug:

:hug:

I actually wonder if the celebrities have access to treatments that regular people don't necessarily have access to, even NAD+ that everybody seems to be talking about these days, is SO expensive, that most people can't afford it, and those who have done it report amazing results for benzo wd, it's too bad there aren't enough people who have done it to have any statistics.