Does Testosterone Replacement therapy cause anxiety issues?

[Be...]

I just added a 50mg dose on Thursday, and have begun the twice a week belly fat injections of half my 100mg weekly dose.  So, on Monday and Thursday each, I inject 50mg (25ml) of testosterone cypionate.

The only thing I've noticed so far, is my nipples seem smaller and less firm.  Maybe the new regimen is flattening my spikes and dips to be more natural?

I have an annual physical appointment in about a month.  I will get all my levels checked and report back.  So far, so good!  Body is really starting to shape up!!!!

• 1 month later...

End of May.  This marks my fourth complete month taking regular testosterone injections.  I just got my blood levels checked, and am surprised my total T is high at 1034.  But, the Estradiol is way too high at 105.  When I was on pellets, I was at 920 and 72 respectively. 

The blood test was taken the day after my injection.  I would like to take the same test an hour before my next injection, and average the results.  I am having no negative side effects that I'm aware of from the T.  No side effects anymore from benzo cut a year and a half ago.  So, for me, after a year clean from benzos, T has been well tolerated.

I am considering cutting back my shots back to 25 ml x 2/week, and trying TestBoost instead.  They made a good argument that high cortisol is what's killing my T.  So, we'll see.....

Not sure if anybody is even following this thread, but I think it's worthy documenting my journey...

• 1 month later...

End of May.  This marks my fourth complete month taking regular testosterone injections.  I just got my blood levels checked, and am surprised my total T is high at 1034.  But, the Estradiol is way too high at 105.  When I was on pellets, I was at 920 and 72 respectively. 

The blood test was taken the day after my injection.  I would like to take the same test an hour before my next injection, and average the results.  I am having no negative side effects that I'm aware of from the T.  No side effects anymore from benzo cut a year and a half ago.  So, for me, after a year clean from benzos, T has been well tolerated.

I am considering cutting back my shots back to 25 ml x 2/week, and trying TestBoost instead.  They made a good argument that high cortisol is what's killing my T.  So, we'll see.....

Not sure if anybody is even following this thread, but I think it's worthy documenting my journey...

I'm still following... I'm not on this board that much anymore but I do check this thread every so often.

Feeling better at about 85% mentally and physcially now but still dealing with some lethargy and brain foggy stuff. Angry and PTSD days from this whole experience. Heavy head and a little foggy here and there but the head pain has diminished and alot of other symptoms have fallen off.

Anyway, I'm in my 7th month of TRT. I've had to reduce my dosage three times as my levels went off the charts; T, Free T, and Estradio. So I'm on my 3rd adjustment; currently trying to dial in at 25-26mg Test Cyp IM EOD at this point.. I'm at 6 weeks and 2 more weeks until my next blood test.

It's hard to tell what's happening; I'm long in the tooth on the benzo withdrawal side of things. October 2016 was my last dosage so ~45 months or just shy of 4 years. I could very well still be experiencing some symptoms of withdrawal; just to a lesser degree. So I'm just going to follow my blood markers in regards to the TRT protocol. Once I'm in acceptable ranges (I'll take the high end of the T and Free T), I'll hold there.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

I'm still following... I'm not on this board that much anymore but I do check this thread every so often.

Feeling better at about 85% mentally and physcially now but still dealing with some lethargy and brain foggy stuff. Angry and PTSD days from this whole experience. Heavy head and a little foggy here and there but the head pain has diminished and alot of other symptoms have fallen off.

Anyway, I'm in my 7th month of TRT. I've had to reduce my dosage three times as my levels went off the charts; T, Free T, and Estradio. So I'm on my 3rd adjustment; currently trying to dial in at 25-26mg Test Cyp IM EOD at this point.. I'm at 6 weeks and 2 more weeks until my next blood test.

It's hard to tell what's happening; I'm long in the tooth on the benzo withdrawal side of things. October 2016 was my last dosage so ~45 months or just shy of 4 years. I could very well still be experiencing some symptoms of withdrawal; just to a lesser degree. So I'm just going to follow my blood markers in regards to the TRT protocol. Once I'm in acceptable ranges (I'll take the high end of the T and Free T), I'll hold there.

Good luck!

I just started taking androgel 4 days ago and right away when i started taking it i got headaches and felt a bit out of it so the next day I didn't take it and surprisingly felt even worse and had major sxs similar to withdrawal. Reading your guys posts I'm now questioning if this is due to the fluctuations of T levels, the first being from when I went from my natural low levels to the then higher levels from my first dose and then next because I cold turkeyed it resulting in a drastic drop in T levels? . My arm went stiff and cramped up almost felt like cerebral palsy or something and I almost felt like I would seize up or something, granted I was high off cannabis that I use to help me sleep at night and helped me huge get through benzo withdrawal as well as mirtazapine withdrawal.

I'm curious how you're doing now with your TRT? Are you for the most part able to tolerate it?

I'm now 2.5 years off benzos and didn't drink alcohol since 2017 as I just can't tolerate it and didn't wanna risk a setback but my sex life has gone to shit and I'm worried my women is going to leave me if I don't do something to fix it, so in your opinion is it safe to take TRT post taper if I maintain my daily doses of androgel?

i'm 36 and on androgel and haven't noticed any difference at all w regard to magnified withdrawal effects. i feel as though, to the contrary, that i'm in a better place because of the daily application of the gel.

i'm 36 and on androgel and haven't noticed any difference at all w regard to magnified withdrawal effects. i feel as though, to the contrary, that i'm in a better place because of the daily application of the gel.

Ok are you off benzos now though? How long? Or are you still tapering?

All I know is I was sleeping great before I started TRT less than a week ago. I feel better mood wise by sleep hasn't come around yet and it's frustrating.

• 1 year later...
  • Popular Now

• [...]
    • [...]