What is your tapering jam/song?

[Fi...]

Hope you're feeling better Fighter.  :thumbsup:

How about, "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" - The Rolling Sones. 

Dee

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fi...]

• [de...]

• [Jo...]

• [Li...]

The Battle of New Orleans - Johnny Horton

Substitute the British for Benzo's.  :)

Sorry forty, I know you had nothing to do with it. 

Dee

I hope you're doing OK forty.  I just read your signature. 

D.

Yay Dana, we bumped the jam.

How about, "Changes"?,  David Bowie.

Dee

That is another great song!  He had so many.

I'm doing absolutely awful today with lots of nausea and dry heaving again for no apparent reason.....  so today I choose the 90's track by Ugly Kid Joe "I Hate Everything About You" referring to the devil himself, Mr. Klonopin. Ughhh. 🤢

That's a good one, Fighter.  We are going to dust this stuff, that's for sure. 

How about, "Subterranean Homesick Blues", Bob Dylan.

"Johnny's in the basement mixn' up the medicine, I'm on the pavement thinkin' 'bout the government...".

Thing is, both me, and Johnny, are doing the mixing.  Johnny can weigh better than me.  8). He must have consulted with Builder.  :)

Dee

HAhahahahaha.  So true Dee. 

GreenCup.  :)

Hope you are doing well. 

Hope Fighter is feeling better. 

I did post advising ginger Fighter, but must have forgot to send.  It helped me with nausea.

And, though not a fan particularly, how about, "Livin' on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi. 

Dee

:smitten:

Hey Dee,

I sang Battle of New Orleans to my son when he was a baby. Strange. LOL. I have a narrow range when I sing, and it's one of the few songs where I can carry the tune.

In high school, the history teacher was going to play the song. He asked if any of the kids knew it. My son was the only one, and he didn't tell his teacher and class that was the lullaby I sang for him growing up.

So, that made me laugh when I saw you mention the song. Good memories.

The version I knew was the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band:

Never was a giant Alanis Morrisette fan, but I'm now digging that song "Oughta Know."

(I always sing angry songs to my Klonopin since I freaking hate it-i also hate his evil cousin Ativan that got me started on this Benzo mess.... and the urgent care doc that prescribed them to me in the first place. I'm so darn sickly and angry at what my life has become, so yes, I like angry songs)

"🎶🎵Cause I'm here, to remind you, of the mess you left when you went away! It's not fair!.... 🎵🎶"

Hey Lily,

Just saw your post. 

What a great memory of your son, and he being the only one who knew the lyrics.  Good one Lily.

There was a milk bar up the street from where I lived as a kid, and The Battle... was on the jukebox.  I loved it, alongside Gene Pitney's, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance".

Oh, the simple jukebox days pre benzo's. 

Keep the hate  :) of benzo's running Fighter, we're going to kick its arse. 

Seriously, they are hateful Fighter, and I'm a peacenik. 

Dee

:smitten:

I loved jukebox music Dee. We didn't have milk bars around here, but there was a Pizza Hut in town with a jukebox. Great way to spend a quarter.

Fighterk - I hear you on "angry" songs. One of mine is Bad Reputation by Joan Jett:

Jett is featured on a Hulu under a film of the same title. I just saw that last week.

If you're a guy, you may totally think I'm selected a very strange song that doesn't capture anger toward benzos.  :D But, it's a great angry song probably more about what led to benzos.

Today was a weird day. Had surgical procedures (EGD, manometry esophageal test, and Bravo capsule implant in esophagus to monitor reflux). I was able to get everything done with NO Benzos/Versed (had a cocktail of Propofol/Fentanyl/Benadryl. Was given Zofran/more Benadryl/ and a TINY bit of steroid for post/op nausea. I did okay. I was glad when it was over.... Then the Mary Tyler Moore show theme song came to mind "We're gonna make it after all." So random!!!! Here's to hoping my tests will FINALLY find something so I can quit wasting away into nothing. 118lbs for 5.5" is terrible. Used to be a happy and thick 173. I'd give anything to get back to that weight, get rid of GI issues, and wished I never touched a Benzo. This has been the hardest 9 months of my life.

Rough week and hoping it gets better. Today I cut thinking what a lonely journey it is, and singing in my head some Whitesnake "Here I Go Again On My Own." 🎶🎵 Trying to smile on through it. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
Jam of the day. "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips! Good reminder to hold on "for one more day", taking it one day at a time and that we're breaking "few from the chains." Good and fun song!!! "I know that there is pain, but hold on for one more day, break free from the chains." Trying to break free everyday!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Jam of the day "Shout" by Tears for Fears. "Shout! Shout! Let it all out!" 🎶🎵 By the way, I think today is benzodiazepine awareness day. Keep fighting on warriors!!!