Sometimes I wish I never discovered BenzoBuddies

[5e...]

This website is great for support and advice etc but it feels like a magnet I can't detach from. 

I try my best not to come on here but it's so hard not to and the more I read the information on here the more I am woken up to the reality of how long this is going to take and if healing actually happens or not. 

Sometimes I feel like being on here is my only distraction but at the same time, it feeds the subconscious mind negativity and hopelessness.

Not sure why I posted on here.  Just needed to vent.

There are more positive boards (areas) on the forum, but I understand what you mean. If you need help (a little push) with not spending so much time here, we could use the forum 'suspend account' function. It is normally used for moderation actions, but we quite often use it when a member feels they need to spend less time here and not be tempted to login. The duration would be up to you and it will count down automatically. When you attempt to login, the system will inform you of how many days are left on the clock.

Anyway, just an option - you would be far from the only member to take advantage of the offer. I know your post is from several weeks ago, so maybe you feel differently now.

Take care.

I’m right there with you. I keep reminding myself that there are millions of people worldwide on these poison pills and many trying to quit. I think we see some of the worst cases here and in the grand scheme of things it’s a small percentage.

I just had to reinstate and I kept reading about it not working or having adverse effects or it’s takes weeks to stabilize. I was back to normal on my original dose within one hour of reinstatement.

When I’m not pacing I’m reading. I usually stick to the success stories.

I reinstated after a horrible CT and did a very slow taper off a different benzo and it worked out just fine. Please don’t let people scare you. :smitten:

• 3 months later...

I just joined BB and am terrified. I keep wondering how many years I shaved off of my life by not understanding the ramifications of Klonopin, and I don't know how I will tolerate this taper which I just started yesterday. I am new to my town and don't have any support here.

Parkside10

Hi ParkSide,

BB draws the most extreme cases. If things are easy, then there is no reason to search and search and land here and join. Benzos are just a blip in the landscape if it's easy, or the user just never knows that problems are related to benzo use.

If you read around here, you will find that loads of people check in and then hang until off benzos or just check in briefly and spin off in another direction. Many of those posting for a long time are in taper or got off and stay to help others.

So, the main thing I'm saying is that there is hope. Big times. Most people do not have the extreme issues. You would be in the minority if you hit the benzo brick wall. Even if you do, there are a lot of ways to deal with the benzo thing, and there are a lot of people here who can give you ideas, tips, details.

This can all be very scary and overwhelming. Take some deep breaths. Look around. Ask questions. You can handle this. Really.

LA