A/ D's for depression?

[ca...]

I was put on Zoloft for PMS...actually tried Paxil first...bad bad bad....then Zoloft.  I would rather be nuts 10 days out of the month than have no feelings whatsoever.  When my youngest fell down the basement stairs...and it didn't even phase me...I knew something was wrong.  :-\

Jen

I am not sure, but I think Paxil worked for me for a time. I am not really sure it was the drug or just my body gettting well. I have been on and off ad's now for 10 years, have gained 50 pounds of solid fat, and feel kind of spacey all the time.

The really best thing for serotonin increase is very strenuous exercise...and watching movies that make you belly laugh. Falling in love will also do it.

Depression is caused by modern society due to the sedentary lifestyles of people, and the constant stress people are under. Using the mind too much is just not good. If you have worries, they are stored in the subconscious and are working against you even as you sleep. That's why when you were a kid, you slept so well...no worries in the subconscious mind (90% of the mind is subconscious). Must follow the old golden "mean" (average) of Aristotle..that is balance of mental, as well as physical activity....sound mind, sound body. Caesar would have terrible headaches and actual epileptic fits while doing governmental work in Rome...but when he was off matching all day with his army...everything would disappear.

So try to get into a walking club, or on one of those fat shows where they pay you to walk everyday, all day, for a month. Or at lest a health club.

The secret is to sweat, and get some tapes for at night that give you positive affirmations to fill the subconscious mind with...or as I have posted elsewhere, tapes that entertain you and give you good feelings.

inb

• 6 months later...
Ummm... I'm not to sure about all the reported side effects for some of those drugs. Its obvious that its greeeaaaatly over exagerated.. Just peaking at a couple under Xanax as being the primary cause... "Gun Shot Wound" & "Genital Discharge  :laugh:... I think there are some other factors not listed in there as well.

• 3 months later...

LOL yeah, everything but the kitchen sink in those lists. Cute but clearly an anti-psychiatry site with a pervasive corresonding agenda and plentiful dashes of satire.

If you really don't believe in a movement and don't want to be seen as a zealot, it's best to collect solid information and try to present it in a mature manner. This will keep your position from be so easily scoffed at by the scientific and medical communities. For example, I authored and posted the following in the Welcome forum:

One thing the medical community should finally GET:

Antipsychotics must be reserved for the truly psychotic, same as antidepressants should be given ONLY to catatonic or suicidally depressed patients.

Benzodiazepines have no place whatsoever outside the ER, and Colin will agree... I distinctly remember him from 18 months ago proclaiming, "Xanax and Klonopin are two of the most USELESS drugs currently prescribed!" LOL You really have to agree, because they lead to nothing but trouble.

Ten