Need a Little Help From My Friends

[ea...]

Hey East,  I hear ya.  When I did my intro people told me to reinstate.  It felt like a reprimand for my stupidity.  I need to change my profile. I said, "please taper".... I am not so sure these slow tapers serve everyone so well.  The first 2.5 months was like a toxic acid trip that didn't end.  But it did end.  I am doing pretty well.  I think about acute when a wave hits me.  I see nothing but improvement compared to acute.  The psychological impact will probably be with me for a long time.  But I am stronger and more hopeful than ever before.  Thanks for bringing this to light.

I am surprised anyone told you to reinstate. That is a bit weird for BB people.

Their are people who do .long tapers and I truly feel all they are doing is putting off the real misery of wd.

This is just a personal opinion, and believe me, I don't know everything about benzos! Since physicians and researchers don't know much about benzos, how could I? I base my opinions on the almost 7 years I have been on BB nd on other benzo support sites.

I really liked how you said this. "A toxic acid trip that did not end" says it all. I am an old hippie and did acid a few times and man, was it NOT pleasant. Hated feeling that scared, crazy and awful. Even marijuana made me feel bad.

I do think that long tapers with long holds are a huge waste of time. IF your true goal is to be off benzos, why do such long tapers and horrible long hold? Putting off the inevitable, is how I see it.

I may get into trouble for saying this, but frankly, I don't care now. BB helped me immensely, but it isn't the end point of my benzo journey.

Taper down quickly as possible and just deal with it. That is what I think and I don't give a hoot what anyone else thinks.

East, from what I can gather from long tapers, people are trying to stay in a place where they can function enough to get by.  It's avoiding the loss of family, jobs and self that can occur.  I thought I made a huge mistake by not reinstating and doing the slow miserable taper dance.  I don't question my choice now.  I have lost plenty since c/t but was in tolerance for so long my life was shit anyway.  I wasn't a good candidate for obsessing on small cuts of the poison that was killing me.  It's done now.  I thought you might be able to relate to the toxic acid trip.  So long ago but benzo w/d brought back the memory!  Take care

Hey East,  I hear ya.  When I did my intro people told me to reinstate.  It felt like a reprimand for my stupidity.  I need to change my profile. I said, "please taper".... I am not so sure these slow tapers serve everyone so well.  The first 2.5 months was like a toxic acid trip that didn't end.  But it did end.  I am doing pretty well.  I think about acute when a wave hits me.  I see nothing but improvement compared to acute.  The psychological impact will probably be with me for a long time.  But I am stronger and more hopeful than ever before.  Thanks for bringing this to light.

I am surprised anyone told you to reinstate. That is a bit weird for BB people.

Their are people who do .long tapers and I truly feel all they are doing is putting off the real misery of wd.

This is just a personal opinion, and believe me, I don't know everything about benzos! Since physicians and researchers don't know much about benzos, how could I? I base my opinions on the almost 7 years I have been on BB nd on other benzo support sites.

I really liked how you said this. "A toxic acid trip that did not end" says it all. I am an old hippie and did acid a few times and man, was it NOT pleasant. Hated feeling that scared, crazy and awful. Even marijuana made me feel bad.

I do think that long tapers with long holds are a huge waste of time. IF your true goal is to be off benzos, why do such long tapers and horrible long hold? Putting off the inevitable, is how I see it.

I may get into trouble for saying this, but frankly, I don't care now. BB helped me immensely, but it isn't the end point of my benzo journey.

Taper down quickly as possible and just deal with it. That is what I think and I don't give a hoot what anyone else thinks.

@[Ea...]

Well, sadly that much has become clear.. Just try to remember BB is a support forum, not a soap box... One day I hope you will see that there are a multitude of situations presented here on BB, and not everyone Will be best suited following your path... -As repeatedly explained to you..

Keep reading, it may come to you...?? But spare a thought for those that are currently in the trentches, Your continued comments over time, are getting rather close to being upsetting for some, and discriminatory.. Imo

Some will be best suited to getting off quick, if willing and able...  Some are forced and have to make the best of it...

Some have additional complications and situations to contend with.. Many do slowly taper and avoid significant after effects, some dont...

Many will be in the middle and do great with an Ashton type taper...

From a personal position, I have done a variety of tapering speeds, and asides the mistakes, they all had their place at the time...

Beware that you dont let the general BB population that is posting heavily for support at any given time, over influence your learning.. Its a big world out there, and many dont find a need for places like BB... What one sees a lot of here may not represent what is generally common...

Again, We are all different in body, meds and situation... -Not to mention personal choice..

I hope this helps give you a broader understanding...  If not, Im not sure if I can help you... Perhaps others can...??

Whoa!!!  I come here for support and hope that I may heal after a c/t.  It is a c/t thread.  We are afraid that c/t may have damaged us for good.  This fear is real and inhibits healing.  I am not on the tapering thread but pray for everybody in their journey thru hell.  There is no right way to do this or there wouldn't be a forum.  We are all lost and trying to navigate through.  This forum has been a godsend.  No need for petty bickering and don't even think about bullying.  Love and prayers to all.  Cold Turkey Heals!!!!!  Lets all move on.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I know how I feel and think, and its up to you to do what YOU feel is right.

I have good reasons for my current opinions. A long history of being on BB and seeing what people go through.

You can think whatever you want to. But so will I.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I know how I feel and think, and its up to you to do what YOU feel is right.

I have good reasons for my current opinions. A long history of being on BB and seeing what people go through.

You can think whatever you want to. But so will I.

Thats Fine Annie, Its not realy about how you see things from your experience, I understand thats very valid to you, and I would be lying if I said your experience didnt enhanced my understanding of things in a big picture context...

My objections are seperate from that, More how certain comments can affect others..  It would perhaps have been better to finish the discussions started on a previous thread/s, but yes, lets move forward, hopefully with mind to a safe healing environ for All members, no matter their situation (as im sure DoveLuv meant)...

Pls be assured I have questioned my own morals and motives on this very hard, and for some time, Its not meant as a personal attack or bullying, but genuine concern...

Thank you for replying...

:)

I was also saddened to hear things have been unpredictable with your work, Things like that can seem rather unfair, and leave one feeling mis-understood... You seem to have no shortage of passion for what you undertake, and I hope as one door closes, another opens, -leading you on to better and fulfilling things... Dont let "them" get you down...!!

Take care...

That is good advice, Cantfly.

I would be interested in hearing your concerns about what I think. I am not that set in my ways! LOL!

Feel free to PM me, and maybe we can BOTH learn something new. You never know.

east

:)

“Toxic acid trip” while I’ve never experienced Acid, that is exactly what I imagine BWD to be ... I’m always searching for words to describe my BWD life.

SaraSue  :idiot: