Electric current in my body...will it ever go away? Common symptom

[04...]

I'm just two weeks in withdrawal and I've had it since first day. Every time I  try to sleep, I get jolted by this electric current in my body.  It happens when my brain struggles to go into deep sleep and than all of a sudden this electric shock runs in body from head to toe  for a split second and than I cannot sleep. It was very intense in the start but it has subsided a little. And now I also get this head shocks that also happens when I try to sleep. IDK how long it will last. My sleep is very disturbing because of this.

:o

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pi...]

• [...]

• [bl...]

• [Ho...]

[04...]

I'm just two weeks in withdrawal and I've had it since first day. Every time I  try to sleep, I get jolted by this electric current in my body.  It happens when my brain struggles to go into deep sleep and than all of a sudden this electric shock runs in body from head to toe  for a split second and than I cannot sleep. It was very intense in the start but it has subsided a little. And now I also get this head shocks that also happens when I try to sleep. IDK how long it will last. My sleep is very disturbing because of this.

:o

For me it was like that in my acute phase around 90 day after quit benzo. Since month 3 benzo free it started to come every day several hours and in month 8 it gets even worse. I have it 24/7 since then. It is different all the time sometimes lika a pulse or inner vibe/tremor in my whole body. It changes from day to day. Right now it is like a electric current from my head down in my chest legs and feets. It feels inside my head throat and mouth. Often cause pain or hot flushes too. I used to have brain zaps but they are gone since 15 months or so.

[04...]
Today I have had a break from this the whole morning. Nothing at all. And my wave yesterday is still gone. Just feel bad right now. Hope it stays that way  :smitten:

[04...]
Got slammed by a wave again. Brutal benzo flu and nausea. Fear terror severe DR.  :tickedoff: I am on off now with windows and waves. Horrible. Damn this fear is crazy and my electric current tremor pain burning sensation. Damn! Sometimes I just wanna disappear!

[04...]
Did you also got pain and burning sensation during this horrific electric symprom? This is driving me nuts! It is torture. Never stops maybe an hour or so during "windows"... :tickedoff:  And it looks like I am stucked with this for ever...it feels like that. Not less intense never...more severe the longer it last soon 13 months in this hell

Two days ago I'd an argument with my bro that intensified and I got hyper just for 10 mins. Now I'm having worst symptoms than first days.

I'm having this strange electric feeling in my whole body whenever I move my body I have electric shocks in my whole body. Its like you get Jolted with electricity. Than I'm having head shocks. My hands are shaking, I'm having severe tremors. I feel electric sensation in my whole body.

Previously I'd these shocks only at night. What have these meds done to me. Its like living in torture with no escape.

I just want to disappear somewhere.  :'(

When will this withdrawal end it seems to be worsening with time.  :-\

[04...]

Two days ago I'd an argument with my bro that intensified and I got hyper just for 10 mins. Now I'm having worst symptoms than first days.

I'm having this strange electric feeling in my whole body whenever I move my body I have electric shocks in my whole body. Its like you get Jolted with electricity. Than I'm having head shocks. My hands are shaking, I'm having severe tremors. I feel electric sensation in my whole body.

Previously I'd these shocks only at night. What have these meds done to me. Its like living in torture with no escape.

I just want to disappear somewhere.  :'(

When will this withdrawal end it seems to be worsening with time.  :-\

Yes it is awful! Pure torture. I agree with you there is no escape. I am trapped in my body. Like a jail for a lifetime. Today it is worse than ever. This electric feeling is also burns and it hurts. Very painful. Do you also have these together with the current if electricity. I cant function because if this crap.  :-[

I saw in your sign you only was on benzo for 10 days?! I am so sorry you have to suffer so bad.  Benzo is very  dangerous even after just a few days of use and docs prescribe it like candy with no knowledge about what it do to humans. I was on benzo for 3.5 years. I am so afraid of what my use had cause severe damage to my poor brain. But!!! I had over 100 sxs. Now less than 10. I do heal but way to slow...

I got addicted to benzos just after 4 days. I could not sleep for 3 days after stopping. I didn't understand what was going on. So I reinstated for 5 more days. I never heard of benzos in my lifetime. I trusted my doctor and he ruined my life.  >:(

Today I got some relief from this current and tremors after 3 days during day. I'm still having them constantly at night. They prevent me from sleeping. Hope u also get better soon. I'm giving these benzos a tough fight. I don't know how long I can hold.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the electric current for two years.  It’s gone now.  All the symptoms are temporary, regardless of which ones you have.  They eventually peter out as your body rebalances.

Sofa

This is my last brutal symptom. It wont stop!!! If this was gone I could function....hate this torture :tickedoff:

I had it very extreme during the second week. I had fight with my step bro and systems flared like hell.

Since than it has improved a little.

Praying for your health. May you get well soon.

Only some one who had it knows how it was. It was like having 220 volts in your body all the time sitting on an electric chair.

Hopefully it will go away soon. Try not to be in stress related environment.

[04...]

This is my last brutal symptom. It wont stop!!! If this was gone I could function....hate this torture :tickedoff:

I had it very extreme during the second week. I had fight with my step bro and systems flared like hell.

Since than it has improved a little.

Praying for your health. May you get well soon.

Only some one who had it knows how it was. It was like having 220 volts in your body all the time sitting on an electric chair.

Hopefully it will go away soon. Try not to be in stress related environment.

It has been like this nonstop for 13 months.... :'(

I tapered off 20 mg of Valium in less than 4 months and I had that electric feeling for months after. I had to stop at 10mg and HOLD for three months it was that bad.  But I did finally stabilize and began a slow taper on Feb. 1st of this year at 5%.  Now I am increasing my taper to 7% bcuz of the fast taper, I over stimulated my CNS.  This is why.  So going slower is what is helping and yes, it left.  Ultimately, if my CNS goes along with it, my plan is to increase to 10% and stay at that percentage till I am off.

[04...]

I had the electric current for two years.  It’s gone now.  All the symptoms are temporary, regardless of which ones you have.  They eventually peter out as your body rebalances.

Sofa

Did you had them 24/7? In my case it also cause pain and burning/cold sensations...horrible  :-\

[04...]
I sometimes get this slow motion feeling like matrix.  Strange is when I have it my inner tremor/buzz/current stops.... :-\