Electric current in my body...will it ever go away? Common symptom

[7c...]

I hope you get well soon that shall pass to the electric currents. I’m 10 months off and I really suffer with rest restlessness some days I’m fine and some days I’m not have you suffered from restlessness

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pi...]

• [...]

• [bl...]

• [Ho...]

sorry to hear your all still struggling guys. I promise it leaves eventually. I get echos of it from time to time now but nothing that bad. Its only strong enough to reming me what it felt like. It always made me feel like jumping out of my skin. I punched my wall when i was really fed up just to see if the pain would trip the circuit so to speak but no relief. Only time. hang in there, its not for nothing, youll be stronger on the other side of this.

[7c...]

I hope you get well soon that shall pass to the electric currents. I’m 10 months off and I really suffer with rest restlessness some days I’m fine and some days I’m not have you suffered from restlessness

Oh yes severe resrlessness. I had akathisia for 13 months! I had to pace 12-16 hours every day. Couldn't sit o stay still.  But it is gone. Hope this electric crap will stop soon. It is torture

[7c...]

sorry to hear your all still struggling guys. I promise it leaves eventually. I get echos of it from time to time now but nothing that bad. Its only strong enough to reming me what it felt like. It always made me feel like jumping out of my skin. I punched my wall when i was really fed up just to see if the pain would trip the circuit so to speak but no relief. Only time. hang in there, its not for nothing, youll be stronger on the other side of this.

I know it will pass, one day. But I am so tired of fight for my life (it feels like that) every day. This is not easy. Beat benzo. Hell is really a place on earth just add benzo in a persons body. Stop it and the door to hell is open. No other way out than go thru it. Slowley. BUT I have some windows. Almost a few hours every day the last week.  Not much but it is more than it was for 2 weeks ago. I am almost free from all my symptoms in these windows. Even the electric feeling is gone or almost gone. I have got hot flushes instead. This is new for now  but I had it in my acute phase and it stopped and it came back after 14 months.

I do sleep really good. Around 8-10 hours every night.

My fear and terror is my worse enemy. It is present all the time. I am afraid of what w/d can do to my body and mind. To be so sick. Going crazy, end up in a psych ward total madness.

:o

This is my worse and most relentless symptom. I have had this since day 1 and I still have it but just lately it has gotten better. Are you taking any supplements? If so I would stop them all and see if you feel a bit better. Maybe introduce them back in one at a time. I had to stop all of mine since they were making the tremors worse. Chamomile, lemon balm, passion flower and magnesium can aggravate your symptoms. I would stop anything with those in it.

I have also noticed sugar, caffeine and chocolate make the tremors much worse. I haven't eaten rice in over a year due to it revving up symptoms. I can eat a potato though so go figure.

At night I heat up a heat buddy and lay it on my body to try to calm down enough to sleep. I agree it is pure torture but it will get lighter over time. I have them every where but lately they have stopped happening in my legs. Lets hope it goes away soon.

[7c...]

This is my worse and most relentless symptom. I have had this since day 1 and I still have it but just lately it has gotten better. Are you taking any supplements? If so I would stop them all and see if you feel a bit better. Maybe introduce them back in one at a time. I had to stop all of mine since they were making the tremors worse. Chamomile, lemon balm, passion flower and magnesium can aggravate your symptoms. I would stop anything with those in it.

I have also noticed sugar, caffeine and chocolate make the tremors much worse. I haven't eaten rice in over a year due to it revving up symptoms. I can eat a potato though so go figure.

At night I heat up a heat buddy and lay it on my body to try to calm down enough to sleep. I agree it is pure torture but it will get lighter over time. I have them every where but lately they have stopped happening in my legs. Lets hope it goes away soon.

I saw in your sign we are both 15 months off benzo. I dont take anything that can effect gaba. Way to afraid of everythinh. My tremor is killing me. It also bring burning sensation in my mucles and skin. It is 13 months now  this horrible electric feeling.

It stops me from function and if this went away I would feel ok! I could go out and even go to the gym. Or just take a walk.

I dont eat sugar but pasta rice and potatoes. Meat and fish much fruit

[7c...]

To all who suffer from this....my electric current is having a pattern...it is there 24/7 but in the morning It dosen't feels so much. During the day it builds up to reach a peak around 5pm. Then it is really intense and severe. Late at the evening and after midnight 9-12 pm it is almost gone. And I can go to sleep.

Do you feel the same? Is it better or worse during the morning/day/evening/night?

Now hell is open and the current is going crazy all over my body.

I just wanna scream!  :tickedoff:

BUT! My wave is less intense tvan it was for one week ago :smitten:

I had the electric pulses quite a bit while I was taking KP. They got bad during my taper but have gotten better now that I've jumped though still there a bit. I hope your's eases up. 12 months is a long time.

I've been looking around for a while for someone posting something similar about the electric current. I too am experiencing exactly what you are talking about and I'm 12 months off as well. The constant and relentless nature of it is beyond words of how horrible it is and is hard for people who don't have it to grasp. Its like violent tingling vibrating muscle tension stinging and aching put together. I have it in my head and face along with my legs. Does it get better for you if you move the affected body part? For me it gets better actually when I use the muscles around the sensation like walking and its the worst when resting completely.

Mine is the same. It’s so much more noticeable when I’m resting. I hate it. I can’t wait till it goes away. I get tiny moments where it almost completely subsides & it’s this huge feeling of relief bc when that stops I feel the closest to being  completely normal for a short period of time. Mine is either always in my head & feet at the same time, or my legs & torso & just alternates from the left to the right side of my body all throughout the day. But if I’m moving I don’t notice it nearly as much. Just the worst when I’m laying on my back.

[7c...]

I've been looking around for a while for someone posting something similar about the electric current. I too am experiencing exactly what you are talking about and I'm 12 months off as well. The constant and relentless nature of it is beyond words of how horrible it is and is hard for people who don't have it to grasp. Its like violent tingling vibrating muscle tension stinging and aching put together. I have it in my head and face along with my legs. Does it get better for you if you move the affected body part? For me it gets better actually when I use the muscles around the sensation like walking and its the worst when resting completely.

Mine is the same. It’s so much more noticeable when I’m resting. I hate it. I can’t wait till it goes away. I get tiny moments where it almost completely subsides & it’s this huge feeling of relief bc when that stops I feel the closest to being  completely normal for a short period of time. Mine is either always in my head & feet at the same time, or my legs & torso & just alternates from the left to the right side of my body all throughout the day. But if I’m moving I don’t notice it nearly as much. Just the worst when I’m laying on my back.

I feel the same. And it can be less intense abd even feel different. Sometimes like a current other times like a pulse or tremor. Do you also feel some burning at the same time?

[7c...]

I had the electric pulses quite a bit while I was taking KP. They got bad during my taper but have gotten better now that I've jumped though still there a bit. I hope your's eases up. 12 months is a long time.

Yes it is a long time. It is present 24/7 and one if my last symptom that is left....

[7c...]
I think my wave is over. Not brutal anymore but still really hard. And my worse symptom is this electric current/pulse/tremor. I have been walking outside yesterday and this morning. My longest walk since summer. I do feel really odd in my head. Like I am gonna faint or fall down pass out Like it is way to much for my brain to handle or something. I took that walk alone so afraid but I did it and I will expose my brain for another walk later today  :o

[7c...]
To all of you that suffer from this. How do you do in your daily life, can you function at all while this symptom is present? I cant function at all. Any ideas how can I  try to live as normal as I can?  :smitten:

Do what you can no matter what it is. I am in wave walked my dog about mile I home restless took the graybar out helping the wife anything well help

[7c...]

Do what you can no matter what it is. I am in wave walked my dog about mile I home restless took the graybar out helping the wife anything well help

Do you also suffer from electric/tremor/buzz  feelings? It is horrific but I need to push myself more. My plan is to go to Swedish house mafia concert at Globen in Stockholm Sweden in the beginning of may this year. I am swedish so it is a 2 hour long travel by car for me  :smitten::thumbsup:

I have this electric current/vibe in my whole body 24/7. It is pure hell and it stops me from going out. Relax too. Looks like this is my long lasting symptom. Had it for 12 months now. Will it ever go away? Is this a symptom that stays until the w/d is complete?

I had it and it last for 5 years. It depends on how much damage it done to your brain. It is the nerve tracts in your body misfiring. It only goes away with zaps all over your body and in your brain.

[7c...]

This is actually my long lasting hellish symptom and I think it will be my last one to fade away. The other symptom can I handle. Omg! It took you 5 years! Now I just wanna die!  :-[. Did you had it all the time like me? Sometimes so intense that I wanna scream. It hurts too. Did it just stopped or was it there more or less the whole time during these years? This is my last physical symptom and it keeps going on and on no end! I need to accept this for now and try to live as normal as possible.This is killing me. How long was you on benzo? Did you taper or stopped CT? This made me really afraid and sad. No hope...  :-[.... was this one of your last sxs to stops? Are you still suffering from w/d? Many questions  :smitten:

And the last one; ' could you function even though you had this horrible symptom? I cant at the moment,  but I guess I have to try as hard as I can if this is gonna stay there for years.(nightmare).. :angel:

[7c...]

No Sorry that you’re suffering hope you get better soon better days are coming

It is REALLY hard to have this intense brutal feeling of electric vibration in the body. It is my last severe sxs and it wont stop! It stops me from live a "normal"life.

[7c...]
Anyone else with a shorter duration of this crap? How long did it last for you? I have had it for so long now and I fear it never gonna stop. The fear of getting stucked in w/d is my worse fear. I am my own worse enemy and terror is there all the time. I am so afraid of become insane....this is not me! I was a strong woman with goals in my life. Now is it to make it thru the day. How do you cope in w/d or stay positive? I cant.. everything negative is a trigger and I get stucked in my negative energy :-[

[7c...]

Today my physical w/d is really bad. The tremor inside my body makes it hard to focus on anything. It is very unpleasant. Horrible feeling. See my post about study while having this severe issue..

Is it possible to work? Study? Drive a car like this?

[7c...]
This is driving me insane! How the hell could this go on and on with no break at all for over a year?! I know benzo w/d makes no seance. But this is ridicules!