Antibiotics

[co...]

I've taken Keflex, azithromycin, and augmentin while tapering.

I took these three, (for various infections), during my taper as well. 

I also took doxycycline (for lyme) without incident. 

I was given a quinolone, (before I knew better...), and had a terrible time with that.

Yeah Z-pak was always my go to for sinus infections. Now I get an infected salivary gland every once in a while and augmentin is better for that.

My sinuses have been flared in withdrawals from face pressure and I was thinking my ear/side of face aches from that. What are the symptoms for an infected salivary gland?

My parotid gland gets infected sometimes. They are in the cheeks right in front of the ear. So when it gets infected it gets real sore and tender and swells up like a balloon.

we are both a similar time-frame out of benzos, and I do seem to have some of the symptoms you have, however not constant and it appears not as intense. I understand that what you have been feeling essentially follows you from the beginning, with no periods of improvement? and prior to benzo use you have been fine?

of  course one can not exclude that secondary issues developed somehow related to benzo w/d.  if you feel exactly the same (bad) with no changes up or down, I would suspect that there is something else going on. Aren't they inflammation markers in the body which can be detected by a blood test? (CRP https://www.drweil.com/health-wellness/body-mind-spirit/heart/elevated-c-reactive-protein-crp/)

have you done those tests? I am afraid a 'take antibiotics and see what happens' approach is not good.  do a web search of 'lymes + colloidal silver' for example and go from there.

Another thing, have you looked into heavy metal toxicity in your body?

Yes... I seem to have more or less very severe clinical depression. I'm assuming it's different for us in many ways. You have a family and a job to keep you distracted, motivated, and loved. I have a wife who is trying her best. You are probably not clinically depressed and thinking about the unthinkable each day.

Most of my physical symptoms are gone except for Tinnitus, some tingling and some mild head pressure. The headaches and pressure have gone from a 9 to about a 3 in a period of about 2 months. Pretty much since I started doing Hyperbaric treatments. But I'm still fatigued all of the time which is causing the depression, I am almost scared of having to interview and / or attempting to go back to work because of this and I'm just plain scared to get out there, including all of the ideation that I continue to have. I did a functional hair test in 2016 and I didn't really have any indications for metal toxicity at the time. Possibly that's changed... I'm not sure.

Anyway, I stopped taking the antibiotic as of today. It basically floored me for the days I was taking it.

I'm getting worse because I'm not getting better and I can't find the reasons why. Even if it is still only bz withdrawal (which I just don't think is possible 25 months out... some symptoms yes, but purely mental and fatigue? Nope.), I can't take it anymore. I have to start feeling better physically and emotionally.

take care LOB,

colley, I did battle benzo type depression, however intermittent only, not permanent as you. it was awful.

and I probably mentioned already that is greatly improved by using higher doses of NAC+Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and 900mg st johns wort (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16160619) . in addition I started the keto diet which made a difference.

I made repeat myself, but Jordan peterson for example mentioned that he cured his depression by eating a carnivore diet:

his depression did seem like it is related to auto-immune conditions, but who knows what states the benzo w/d gets our body into, definitely something off....

I would also look into supplementing a liquid trace mineral solution and some ionic magnesium.

Hi there,

I have taken Amoxillin (for a one week treatment) a couple of times during my taper, and with no setbacks at all!

Totally innocuous for me...

My best.

Hi there,

I have taken Amoxillin (for a one week treatment) a couple of times during my taper, and with no setbacks at all!

Totally innocuous for me...

My best.

What worries me is people seem to tolerate meds fine during tapers but it all changed in withdrawals? Hopefully I am very wrong!

[e6...]

Yes, i have been thinking about this, could it be that when we are tapering we don't have many functional gaba receptors and so given that most antibiotics act on those receptors in a similar way to benzos it doesn't really cause a problem ie they are knocking out receptors that are already knocked out.

But when we have tapered we are healing those receptors and they are "coming back" and along comes the antibiotic that knocks them out and puts us back into a cold turkey like acute state.

I don't think i'm explaining myself very well here but it's just some of the thoughts i've been having, would love to hear other people's take on this.

Yes, i have been thinking about this, could it be that when we are tapering we don't have many functional gaba receptors and so given that most antibiotics act on those receptors in a similar way to benzos it doesn't really cause a problem ie they are knocking out receptors that are already knocked out.

But when we have tapered we are healing those receptors and they are "coming back" and along comes the antibiotic that knocks them out and puts us back into a cold turkey like acute state.

I don't think i'm explaining myself very well here but it's just some of the thoughts i've been having, would love to hear other people's take on this.

And that terrifies me if we need an antibiotic to be put  back into a cold turkey acute phase after making the progress we had until that point. Then it feels like we would never get better, but I know people do. Does it set us back to square one? I pray it wouldn’t as long as we don’t take the obvious ones...

[e6...]

Yes it terrifies me too and that is exactly what happened to me, straight back into acute, it lasted for about a month. I don't believe there are any "obvious" or "safe" antibiotics, it's a risk we have to take so i guess it's worth weighing up whether the antibiotic is totally needed or "just in case" type of situation. We also have to remember that some infections can be very dangerous and antibiotics may be urgently needed irrespective of our benzo issues. Always better to be alive in acute wd than dead. My reasoning is that we got through wd the first time ( and believe me i had a horror time) and so we will get through it again. Life doesn't hang on waiting for us to finish bwd unfortunately, but i sure wish it did.

I think the thing to do is to arm ourselves with as much information and knowledge as possible so that if the time comes when you need one you have the information readily available. I haven't gone back to the beginning and i can feel that my setback is almost over, and i'm back on the road to healing again. And if i have to take another one (which it looks as though i may have to as first one didn't cure the problem) then i just have to suck it up. That's life.

But oh how i wish i'd known the terrible ramifications that taking that evil pill for such a short time would cause me. And as for the dr that gave it to me........she needs de-registering imo.