Crying Spells/Depression

[bo...]

I have intense crying spells too, extremely deep dark depression. I have been on Clonazepam since Jul 4/17, holding now at 1 mg (2 x .5 mg), I tapered Oct 3/18 to breaking the .5mg in halves and take .25 mg every six hours. The crying never seems to ease up. It's everyday, every single day. Every day is dark. I feel such profound loneliness in this. This is the worst thing I have ever gone through in my entire life, the most horrid, painful of all experiences. I wish to God I never never took that first tablet.  :'(

I have intense crying spells too, extremely deep dark depression. I have been on Clonazepam since Jul 4/17, holding now at 1 mg (2 x .5 mg), I tapered Oct 3/18 to breaking the .5mg in halves and take .25 mg every six hours. The crying never seems to ease up. It's everyday, every single day. Every day is dark. I feel such profound loneliness in this. This is the worst thing I have ever gone through in my entire life, the most horrid, painful of all experiences. I wish to God I never never took that first tablet.  :'(

The way you describe this, tweety, this was me too up until about a month and a half ago ago. 3 months off now and I’m feeling better. Hang in there.

Now I know Im  going through the kindling effect like Boombox  because  Im having horrible  withdrawal (threee months sofar) from baclofen thats supposed to only take one or two weeks to get off of.  I was on klonipin five years ago for three weeks (1.5 mg daily) and took six months to get off it. Baclofen  is for  muscle spasms. Will never take  another pill for any pain, spasm, anxiety, or insomnia, ever  again!

I am sorry you guys suffer so much.. all I can say is that you can feel free to try new things. Means - test it out. Move to your parents for 2 weeks, in order just to focus on work and yourself - and see how this works. If its good okey, if not, try another strategy. In depression we feel pressure to function and to find a solution NOW. But in reality I was never more creative that in those horrible days and I still have some strategies found that I normally never ever would do.

For example. If things are too bad at home and I feel like I would freak out any moment and wanna be ALONE, I take my stuff and spend a night at the hotel right from that moment on.

No matter if its midnight, my partner doesn't want me to, I have lots of things to do, I do it. no matter how I look, too.

Cause thats better then torturing me at home. Even if its just 3 hours in that hotel - I do it.

Before wd I would never have done that.

Our brain still works and can figure out what we need.

When it comes to crying for such a long time like an hour, you need to stop it. Allow yourself to cry like a baby for 15 minutes or less and then PUSH yourself to stop it even if you need to clean the hole house or build a new one in the garden. No excuses there. Chin up, kick in the ass, stop it now. You have kids - what happens when they cant stop crying? Muscles get tense, head pain, back pain, and adrenal fatigue because no cortisol left. This is very important in depression.

Learn to be yourself a good father in that moment, or mother. No one says that your pain needs to stop, you can talk about anything, you can scream and cry, but after that we stand up from bed or chair, clean our face, and walk for some meters. This signal will be learned from your brain very quickly.

:smitten:

I just cried with my wife for about an hour saying things like "I want to live through this" and "I want to live to see our daughter grow up" and "I don't want to die." I was hysterical for about an hour straight. The depression and intrusive thoughts from quitting this drug have brought me to my knees and I am seriously worried at 8 months off. Never experienced this level of depression at any point in my life, period. regardless of life circumstances.

No idea what more I can do. I have been working through this. Would a leave of absence help? I tend to feel worse when I'm at home. It's almost like I fear being at home. Should I go live with my parents for a while? Will any situational things help? Just seeking any form of comfort.

Situational things did not help me until true physiological healing began.  However, some situations may only add fuel to the fire.  Tough decisions.  All one can do is one's personal best in all of this, including, of course, making tough decisions.  Wishing you the best. 

Are you feeling better now, Keagan?

Yes I am great now, but I am 5 yrs out of my detox. The recovery was gradual but even the waves, I got used to and could mostly ignore them.