• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Th...]

• [Ma...]

• [...]

About to listen to Dr. Claire Weekes right now. I am hoping her voice starts guiding me through situations if I listen to it often enough.

Dr. Claire Weekes - How To Recover 01

https://youtu.be/60108Yg3-8k

Dr. Claire Weekes - How To Recover 02

https://youtu.be/pVTT1itQAs8

Dr. Claire Weekes - How To Recover 03

https://youtu.be/Sc-2TY5t5IQ

Dr. Claire Weekes - How To Recover 04

https://youtu.be/LADvwYeZ1vA

Wow - hadn't seen anything about her for decades. Her approach is definitely not for faint of heart! But knowing fear is only an illusion is a valuable concept to have in mind in times of crisis. That when relaxing towards it whilst going through it does it dissipate. Though it is imperative that we not judge ourselves when we "fail" to have the chutzpah to get through it. Otherwise guilt sets in and that's an issue all to it's own.

[a9...]

About to listen to Dr. Claire Weekes right now. I am hoping her voice starts guiding me through situations if I listen to it often enough.

Dr. Claire Weekes - How To Recover 01

https://youtu.be/60108Yg3-8k

Dr. Claire Weekes - How To Recover 02

https://youtu.be/pVTT1itQAs8

Dr. Claire Weekes - How To Recover 03

https://youtu.be/Sc-2TY5t5IQ

Dr. Claire Weekes - How To Recover 04

https://youtu.be/LADvwYeZ1vA

Wow - hadn't seen anything about her for decades. Her approach is definitely not for faint of heart! But knowing fear is only an illusion is a valuable concept to have in mind in times of crisis. That when relaxing towards it whilst going through it does it dissipate. Though it is imperative that we not judge ourselves when we "fail" to have the chutzpah to get through it. Otherwise guilt sets in and that's an issue all to it's own.

Hmm. Thank you. I’ll listen to those. Her name looks familiar to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for your effort and kindness putting this together LF  :smitten: I wish I had discovered these support group before. Really having a difficult time with panic and agoraphobia/monophobia. My challenge is seeing the end of the tunnel right now.

Thank you so much for your effort and kindness putting this together LF  :smitten: I wish I had discovered these support group before. Really having a difficult time with panic and agoraphobia/monophobia. My challenge is seeing the end of the tunnel right now.

Hey Optimist  :). Looking at your signature toward the end of your taper, your %'s were getting higher when you should have been slowing down and lowering that %.  You don't sound in your post like you are struggling badly, just very unpleasant.  All sounds like wd though imo, but if anything scares you, never hesitate to go to the doctor.  Time and patience now for your brain and cns to catch up.  Hold tight, we will be here.  Hope you start seeing more improvements soon.  Love, Mary. 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Hey Optimist  :). Looking at your signature toward the end of your taper, your %'s were getting higher when you should have been slowing down and lowering that %.  You don't sound in your post like you are struggling badly, just very unpleasant.  All sounds like wd though imo, but if anything scares you, never hesitate to go to the doctor.  Time and patience now for your brain and cns to catch up.  Hold tight, we will be here.  Hope you start seeing more improvements soon.  Love, Mary. 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Aww thanks Mary. Truth is I have been suffering with panic attacks for a year and a half now. We went on a trip to Europe and it threw me over the edge. What should have been a trip of a lifetime was miserable for me and I did not complain because we had two kids in tow. I developed these horizontal stress lines over my nails. Trying to go out and do normal stuff with kids and work full-time exhausted me so that I had to go on disability from work.

I held for months after that but it didn't really help me, so I figured I am suffering anyway so I might as well start withdrawing to get off this poison. Some small things have gotten better. I can go to the movies with my family now etc. But I still need my husband around for everything like going to get groceries etc. I don't know why, it doesn't make logical sense to me.

It is situational panic for sure, there is usually a reason, my CNS cant seem to take much stress.

How are you doing Mary?

Aww thanks Mary. Truth is I have been suffering with panic attacks for a year and a half now. We went on a trip to Europe and it threw me over the edge. What should have been a trip of a lifetime was miserable for me and I did not complain because we had two kids in tow. I developed these horizontal stress lines over my nails. Trying to go out and do normal stuff with kids and work full-time exhausted me so that I had to go on disability from work.

I held for months after that but it didn't really help me, so I figured I am suffering anyway so I might as well start withdrawing to get off this poison. Some small things have gotten better. I can go to the movies with my family now etc. But I still need my husband around for everything like going to get groceries etc. I don't know why, it doesn't make logical sense to me.

It is situational panic for sure, there is usually a reason, my CNS cant seem to take much stress.

How are you doing Mary?

[/

My second eye is getting cataract surgery tomorrow  :). But I have been slow titrating for awhile now and holding off and on through these procedures, so I have actually been in decent shape.  Once second eye heals will be careful, but speed up titrating some.  I was a mess the first year,so I truly can't complain.  I did a lot wrong in the beginning, so I am grateful for the improvements.  This is a rough road, no help from our Dr, so we just have to keep learning from bb and our peers til something works for us.  My cns isn't great, but I try really hard to keep myself out of situations that may set it off.  I have done a lot of physical therapy and will be glad to get back to that, it keeps my whole body moving which I need.

That's what we want to do for our trip of a lifetime too, a trip to London.  I don't have children so I just tell my husband I have to be better first.  I am sorry your trip was so hard on you.  So disappointing.  I hope you feel better soon, please keep me posted  :D. Mary 😘😘😘😘😘😘

Good luck on the surgery!! Did you suffer anxiety at all through any of this? It hit me when I tapered to 8 mg of valium but you are going a lot slower than me. :)

I think a trip to London would be amazing. I love the english countryside myself. We stayed at different towns with sheep dotting the hills. One was like a hobbit house in a town called Haye on Wye. Its a town of mostly book shops. They even had books in the streets that you just paid on the honour system, It was pretty neat.

Something to look forward to :)

Good luck on the surgery!! Did you suffer anxiety at all through any of this? It hit me when I tapered to 8 mg of valium but you are going a lot slower than me. :)

I think a trip to London would be amazing. I love the english countryside myself. We stayed at different towns with sheep dotting the hills. One was like a hobbit house in a town called Haye on Wye. Its a town of mostly book shops. They even had books in the streets that you just paid on the honour system, It was pretty neat.

Something to look forward to :)

I was on xanax for anxiety, and Valium is not a good anxiety benzo.  It's better for sleep and muscle issues.  It doesn't come close to keeping my anxiety down very well.  I am at 11 mgs and will continue to titrate 5 to 6 % a month.  I truthfully worry about the anxiety as I get lower, I just have to keep telling myself I have to deal with it, it's not a choice I am going to have.  Have you considered slowing some to see if that gives you some relief? 

I love 📚, I would love to visit that town, it sounds so quaint and English  :D.  Love Mary 🍀🍀🍀😘😘

I was on xanax for anxiety, and Valium is not a good anxiety benzo.  It's better for sleep and muscle issues.  It doesn't come close to keeping my anxiety down very well.  I am at 11 mgs and will continue to titrate 5 to 6 % a month.  I truthfully worry about the anxiety as I get lower, I just have to keep telling myself I have to deal with it, it's not a choice I am going to have.  Have you considered slowing some to see if that gives you some relief? 

I love 📚, I would love to visit that town, it sounds so quaint and English  :D.  Love Mary 🍀🍀🍀😘😘

Oh I can't slow down as I have jumped  :smitten: I am just over 3 months off. Great that I don't have to take pills anymore, but can't seem to handle these panic attacks if I am out. I am considering taking something for panic, maybe CBD oil - so I can better handle this anxiety when I am out (or alone).

Yes the english towns are wonderful, I think early to mid May was a nice time to visit, by the end of May to June the tourist season starts and it gets a lot busier. You have to wear your spring jackets, but coming from Canada - that is not a big deal for me!

Oh I can't slow down as I have jumped  :smitten: I am just over 3 months off. Great that I don't have to take pills anymore, but can't seem to handle these panic attacks if I am out. I am considering taking something for panic, maybe CBD oil - so I can better handle this anxiety when I am out (or alone).

Yes the english towns are wonderful, I think early to mid May was a nice time to visit, by the end of May to June the tourist season starts and it gets a lot busier. You have to wear your spring jackets, but coming from Canada - that is not a big deal for me!

How are your panic attacks doing Optimist, sorry I forgot you had already jumped.  Did you get some CBD oil? 

How are your panic attacks doing Optimist, sorry I forgot you had already jumped.  Did you get some CBD oil?

My doctor wouldn't prescribe it to me, so I will have to find another way..panic attacks are challenging for me when I am alone or out and about.