• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Th...]

• [Ma...]

• [...]

Oh wow, I am seeing some really great information here.  I love the tips about overcoming agoraphobia.  Thanks for putting this here LF. 

I will say that for me, overcoming agoraphobia was just so much easier if I had someone with me.  After I had a baby, I just didn't get it anymore.  Now, that's not a good reason to have a baby, but it worked wonders for me.  Funny thing is, now that he's grown up a bit, my agoraphobia did not come back.  I also wonder if a lot of all of my panic was just exacerbated by benzos and tolerance withdrawal. 

[01...]

Good to see you  here, offandon. I was recently listening to an interview given by Stephen Levine and really like what he said how what we experience as fear is actually resistance to fear, and really just built-up resistances to the fear. His idea being that while fear itself is a very real feeling, it's actually our aversion to it that gives too much power.

I especially like this part. Pain being physical, emotional. All of it.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

[f5...]
Thank you so much for putting this together. Claire Weekes truly is amazing. I remember finding an old copy of Hope and Help for Your Nerves in my house and being shocked at how ahead of her time she was. If only every therapist and especially prescriber were like her.

Thank you so much for putting this together. Claire Weekes truly is amazing. I remember finding an old copy of Hope and Help for Your Nerves in my house and being shocked at how ahead of her time she was. If only every therapist and especially prescriber were like her.

Thanks so much for stopping by. She really is amazing. Yes, I sure wish more prescribers and therapists knew about her, as well.

Fantastic thread, LF!  A great toolbox of coping strategies all in one easy-to-find spot.  :thumbsup:

I'm well over my anxiety/fear days, as you know, but shall certainly try and contribute as much as I can.

Dropping off this one by Louise Hay.  I actually first started listening to it many years ago as part of a Dr. John Sarno mindbody program I was working on for chronic pain.  I then used it very frequently when I began my taper and the fear and anxiety started raging.  I found it very soothing.

Louise Hay - Self Love Body Healing Guided Meditation Change Your Life

https://youtu.be/B8BiHF8rRY0

Thanks so much for stopping by. She really is amazing. Yes, I sure wish more prescribers and therapists knew about her, as well.

Claire Weekes was a Goddess.  Truly phenomenal stuff!

Just a suggestion.  For those who feel they could do with one-on-one support with her teachings, why not send these links to your present therapist and ask if they'd be able to support you in this manner?  Any half competent therapist should be able to grasp it immediately and be able to plan sessions accordingly.  Even walking outside with you during sessions, sitting in a coffee shop, etc.  You just might be absolutely amazed at how quickly you begin to progress.

:smitten:

Whenever I do exposure therapy I feel like I get worse why is that?

I get the same thing. In my case, it seems to be the overstimulation that I feel re: being somewhere, combined with the fatigue and fearful, depressive and flashback-type thoughts. Seems like my nervous system goes on overload when doing exposure because of all these things that happen. They are not under my conscious control, but I am learning not to add more to it, which is easier said than done.

LF, This is a truly altruistic thing that you are doing here. This advice is helping so many people. If you could get an award for doing this then you would really deserve it. Thank you.

LF, This is a truly altruistic thing that you are doing here. This advice is helping so many people. If you could get an award for doing this then you would really deserve it. Thank you.

Thanks, Gilly.

Here's a playlist from David Fairweather.  I see he's added many new ones since my time but I used to listen to No. 2 "Self Hypnosis Anxiety Reduction" very often, it was one of my favorites.  There's a falling asleep version as well.  I like this guy's voice a lot.

I just listened now to No. 13 "The Mind - Alan Watts" ... great stuff (under 4 mins), give it a listen!!!  Might be worth also exploring some of his other stuff on YouTube!  :thumbsup:

I just listened now to No. 13 "The Mind - Alan Watts" ... great stuff (under 4 mins), give it a listen!!!  Might be worth also exploring some of his other stuff on YouTube!  :thumbsup:

Yes. Most definitely. Like this one :)

Alan Watts - Overcome Anxiety and Depression

https://youtu.be/MCxzktjHoMo