Newbie needs help planning compounded liquid clonazepam taper

[He...]

Double apologies - I should not be posting so late. Change total volume to the 3.75. That does bring up another problem though. I see that after I have added the .75 cc of vodka it turns the powder into a pretty dry crumble. If I add 3 ml of water, the taper schedule has me taking out 0.37 ml of liquid into the syringe on day 1. With the powder soaking up most of the vodka and only 3 ml of water being added - how will I pull that much liquid out? I hope I'm not confusing things here.

One more rethink has it clear. I'm only withdrawing .37 ml and drinking the rest. I should have paid more attention in math class. I think I've answered my own question.

Hello Jim and Hunter - my late night ramblings were a sure sign of muddled thinking. It's only this morning that I realized that, having never used a syringe, I was not getting the big picture. I was confusing 1 mg. with 0.1mg and only added 0.075 mg. of vodka to the .375 pill. :idiot:No wonder I had a dry crumble and could not understand how that and what I though was going to be 3 more mg (which in my confusion would have been 0.03 mg. of water) was going to work. It was only this morning when I took a better look at the syringe did I realize that the entire contents of a 1 mg. syringe was equal to the 1 mg. A bone headed revelation if ever there was one!

Hard to believe I did not have this basic understanding. I knew your kind suggestions looked correct on paper but it took going thru the process and wasting one pill to shine some light on the things. I humbly bow down to you and Hunter for being patient guides and can only hope my errors have been instructive to anyone reading these posts. I can never thank you enough for sharing your understanding.

Correction needed. I was shouting out my profound thanks to Jim Hawk and Builder. Blame it on cognitive dysfunction. - Heroic108

Hi Buddies - I had a question on the amount of fluid going into my 1ml. syringe. I began turning my .375 mg clonazepam into liquid in the method kindly prescribed by Jim Hawk. After dissolving in 0.75ml of vodka, waiting 10 minutes, and adding 3 ml of water, I draw up into the syringe. The problem is that in order to taper I want to have an exact .375 ml of fluid to start with and then slowly taper down. Due to the extra incipient ingredients in the benzo powder, the syringe draws up closer to .390 ml (+). As I am now taking the whole .375 dose for 7-10 days to see how the dry pill to liquid reacts with me (so far, so good) I can drink whatever is in the syringe and the bottle wash. When I begin the actual taper next week, how will I know the amount to taper down when I am starting with that much extra liquid? I see my prescribing doctor next week and am considering the use of a compounded Syrspend or alcohol based formula to be more exact but I am happy so far with the results of the method that has been suggested. Any advice would be appreciated. I've experimented using a 10 mg. syringe for the 3 ml. added water and using the 1 ml. syringe for the 0.75 vodka but that also comes out with extra fluid. My heartfelt best to all.