• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Si...]

• [Pa...]

• [Me...]

• [Be...]

Jumping in as mod here ok guys?.....

This thread has become toxic and not beneficial due to the back and for of the more recent posts. I understand ppl's needs to defend their position and explain themselves - but it stops here please.

None of us are ourselves in recovery, and the problem sometimes with written items is that one cannot properly interpret intent and tone.

Team is now in discussion of possible removing this thread.

Lets "play nice in the sandbox". Thank you for understanding.

I have no knowledge of her providing pro bono work, or any of the the other things you stated. Do you have a source for your information? My insurance covers professional counseling, it doesn't cover Baylisssa.  And as someone on a low fixed income, I have a right to question her fees, and the right to not use her because she is not affordable for me. I won't clamor for free or nearly free help from her, if she has actually done it. I'm not asking for free, just something I could afford. If she's unaffordable to me, she is unaccessable to me. Simple as that.

Well, Paxia, I knew the darts would come out eventually.

Do I have a source for my information?  My source is directly from her!  Over the years, Baylissa has communicated with her clients and members about her financial hardships due to her overextending herself and doing unsustainable amounts of pro bono work.  This is something that is very well-known about her.  Here is a quote from her website:

"Much of my work continues to be charitable and I will continue to offer voluntary/unpaid support until I retire. My greatest reward continues to be having the privilege of witnessing the remarkable healing that takes place.

With much gratitude,

Baylissa

And don't make me out to be someone who is looking to throw "darts" at anyone.  My objective is to stand up for Baylissa when someone says something false about her.  If there were any darts thrown, they were first thrown at Baylissa, and she's not here to stand up for herself.

-Jeff

I didn't comment earlier because the conversation with you and Paxia  just devolved this whole thread. But you didn't use tact or restraint in your replies to me. You had the opportunity to convince me in a respetful manner, but you reacted to my comments in what I perceived as a hostile manner, as if I'm a mind reader and know what's on Baylissas website. How could I? I'm not a member. You only succeeded in helping to make me anti-Baylissa Because you were so defensive of Baylissa that my analogy of throwing darts waas fitting. Compare this to the reply given in this thread by stereotokyo, a well thought out response, a defense of Baylissa and no hostility in stereotokyo's words. If anything, stereotokyo was trying to calm down the situation, and did so fittingly.

I know you know how JayTay feels about Baylissa, but I see you both having a civil conversation about JayTay's decisions and treatments. I was already on the fence because of you, when I saw Baylissa'a response to JayTay. I would not feel at all comfortable using her services after that, not because I can't afford it, but because my reaction to that was exaxtly like Colins, it was appalling. I just wish you had used a bit more restraint in your approach to me, like how you are having civil conversations with JayTay. I'm only stating how you came accross to me in comparison to stereotokyo, who used a great deal of restraint. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, that it was not your intention to come accross that way, you were fiercely protective of Baylissa. I get that. I don't want this ending the way it did, so I'm waving a white flag and calling a truce. I have nothing else to add, so this will be my last post on it. I'm hoping you will accept, I was very encouraged by your conversation with JayTay.

I have no knowledge of her providing pro bono work, or any of the the other things you stated. Do you have a source for your information? My insurance covers professional counseling, it doesn't cover Baylisssa.  And as someone on a low fixed income, I have a right to question her fees, and the right to not use her because she is not affordable for me. I won't clamor for free or nearly free help from her, if she has actually done it. I'm not asking for free, just something I could afford. If she's unaffordable to me, she is unaccessable to me. Simple as that.

Well, Paxia, I knew the darts would come out eventually.

Do I have a source for my information?  My source is directly from her!  Over the years, Baylissa has communicated with her clients and members about her financial hardships due to her overextending herself and doing unsustainable amounts of pro bono work.  This is something that is very well-known about her.  Here is a quote from her website:

"Much of my work continues to be charitable and I will continue to offer voluntary/unpaid support until I retire. My greatest reward continues to be having the privilege of witnessing the remarkable healing that takes place.

With much gratitude,

Baylissa

And don't make me out to be someone who is looking to throw "darts" at anyone.  My objective is to stand up for Baylissa when someone says something false about her.  If there were any darts thrown, they were first thrown at Baylissa, and she's not here to stand up for herself.

-Jeff

I didn't comment earlier because the conversation with you and Paxia  just devolved this whole thread. But you didn't use tact or restraint in your replies to me. You had the opportunity to convince me in a respetful manner, but you reacted to my comments in what I perceived as a hostile manner, as if I'm a mind reader and know what's on Baylissas website. How could I? I'm not a member. You only succeeded in helping to make me anti-Baylissa Because you were so defensive of Baylissa that my analogy of throwing darts waas fitting. Compare this to the reply given in this thread by stereotokyo, a well thought out response, a defense of Baylissa and no hostility in stereotokyo's words. If anything, stereotokyo was trying to calm down the situation, and did so fittingly.

I know you know how JayTay feels about Baylissa, but I see you both having a civil conversation about JayTay's decisions and treatments. I was already on the fence because of you, when I saw Baylissa'a response to JayTay. I would not feel at all comfortable using her services after that, not because I can't afford it, but because my reaction to that was exaxtly like Colins, it was appalling. I just wish you had used a bit more restraint in your approach to me, like how you are having civil conversations with JayTay. I'm only stating how you came accross to me in comparison to stereotokyo, who used a great deal of restraint. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, that it was not your intention to come accross that way, you were fiercely protective of Baylissa. I get that. I don't want this ending the way it did, so I'm waving a white flag and calling a truce. I have nothing else to add, so this will be my last post on it. I'm hoping you will accept, I was very encouraged by your conversation with JayTay.

Lottie, how nice of you.  I return the flag of truce to you.  You're right, I was defending Baylissa very fiercely.  I'm sorry I came off hostile to you.  I have a very formal style of writing which often comes off as authoritative, and sometimes worse than that.

Incidentally, you don't need to be a member to see that quote from Baylissa's website.  If you click on the header called "Donations", you will see it at the bottom of the page.  In one of your posts you mentioned you had been to her website and found her fees to be too high, so I just thought you were somewhat familiar with her site.  But it's easy to miss things on websites; there's so much information packed into them.

Cheers,

Jeff 

If you have a bit of spare cash its decent. I was broke so thought it was a bit of a waste.

She'll say "Your symptoms are normal" and "everyone heals" or something to that extent a few times.

Thank you! I guess there are no miracles or magical therapy during this journey, huh? I keep hoping there's just this one thing that's going to turn my life around for the better.

There is.  It's time.  This is a brain injury and brain injuries take lots of time to heal.  Supplements or other attempted shortcuts just don't work, at least that is my experience.

Be kind to yourself, avoid stress, eat healthy and exercise along with time.

Peace to you

Hingie

Slightly OT, but I have wanted to consult with Baylissa but due to having to submit real world information (in order to register and pay), have not done so.  If anyone with less brain fog has figured out a way to do it anonymously (or at least not submitting real name, etc. on the internet), I would be grateful if you could let me know (either in this thread or in a private message) how you did it.  Anonymity in this context is important to me.  Of course, ymmv.

Thanks,

Haimona

[11...]