Is consult with Baylissa helpful?

[id...]

Jeff

If there were individual scientific studies they would be posted on this site.  We have been around long enough to know what is and what is not true!  People claiming this sort of thing are usually quieted by Admins.  I am sure they are aware of people claiming they are “in the med field” and saying they have imaginary studies.  There is none and we know this.  So let’s move on.

I agree; apparently there are no such studies.  -Jeff

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Si...]

• [Pa...]

• [Me...]

• [Be...]

Mornink.. Just to say, I get the feeling people are talking about a totally different genre  of “studies” with differing intent and purpose.. Well I know I was..

Given the multitude of ineffective  attempts of “curative discussions” we have seen come and go here (citated), I have long since given up hope that a benzo specific “cure all” will be presented...

On the other hand, personal and specific “dot connecting” has served me well at times.. I doubt any of it is much use to anyone asides myself.. -Well I wont be shouting “IV FOUND THE CURE” as has been done before.. :)

We have to watch not reading our own bias into what people actually say, though its a natural thing to do, and im not immune from it either..

...The pro bono cat is out the bag now (again).. I left that, thinking it not really our place and best left to Baylissa’s discretion as to how to serve this community the best she can.. -Just my opinion though..

-I certainly understand the defensive support, AND the frustration of prohibitive access to any number of modes of support within our journeys..

And I dont think I have much else to say.. -Thankfully, I imagine..

:)

To each their own.....  My personal opinion is that she is over rated. I’ve never spoken to her, nor do I ever intend to but that is just me. As I said previously my response was going to be the devils advocate.  And I gave my opinion about what I thought.  I Never put anyone down for thinking any different than what my opinion is and I also stated that if that is what the original poster needed or felt they should do,  Then by all means they should. People post on this board to specifically get different views, experiences and opinions. That’s the whole point of discussion on a forum.

Neither did I put anyone down for stating their opinions.  (Although I think it's wrong for people to misstate facts, like those relating to current studies.)  And my post was also in the spirit of discussion on the forum, to offer different views, experiences, and opinions.  But I also took it upon myself to defend Baylissa by not just offering my opinions, but stating facts about how long she's been doing this, the number of people she's counseled, and some factual history of her benevolence, both financial and of servitude.  I feel it's important for people to know these things about her.  So, like I said before, everyone has their own opinions about whether they find it helpful to speak with Baylissa, and those opinions are all valid.  But when people question her expertise and/or claim she hasn't been generous enough with her fees and time, that's when I will step in and attempt to set things straight - with facts, not opinions.

-Jeff

Jeff

If there were individual scientific studies they would be posted on this site.  We have been around long enough to know what is and what is not true!  People claiming this sort of thing are usually quieted by Admins.  I am sure they are aware of people claiming they are “in the med field” and saying they have imaginary studies.  There is none and we know this.  So let’s move on.

For someone who has a motto of “If you don’t have anything nice to say.....  don’t say anything at all” on their signature.  They sure are quite bitter and aggressive today.

I

During the past several years, Baylissa has done so much pro bono work that she has almost gone out of business.  She has had to take out personal loans and rework her fee schedule just to stay afloat.  She has more people clamoring for free or near-free services than anyone can humanly handle.  She barely makes enough money to keep her operation going.  In fact, her fees actually fall below the industry standard for professional counseling.  She has made a great deal of self-sacrifice in order to continue serving the enormous demands of the withdrawal community.

But I will oppose anyone who questions Baylissa's expertise, her prices, and her selfless commitment to our community.

-Jeff   

I have no knowledge of her providing pro bono work, or any of the the other things you stated. Do you have a source for your information? My insurance covers professional counseling, it doesn't cover Baylisssa.  And as someone on a low fixed income, I have a right to question her fees, and the right to not use her because she is not affordable for me. I won't clamor for free or nearly free help from her, if she has actually done it. I'm not asking for free, just something I could afford. If she's unaffordable to me, she is unaccessable to me. Simple as that.

Well, Paxia, I knew the darts would come out eventually.

To me I find more pertinent information on my own by searching myself and coming across NEW more up to date scientific studies.

Please let us know what these new scientific studies are.  I would love to read them, and I'm sure many other people here would like to as well.  Can you provide some references?  Thanks.

-Jeff

Yes me too. I can’t seem to find much at all & what I can find is quite old-ish. I would love to get some validation for feeling like I’ve gone insane is actually just w/d. I’ve been told by doctors & therapist it’s psych somatic, one GP believes me. So if I could have scientific proof, specifically if there is any for a relatively short term user like me.  That would be great,  thanks so much in advance.  I would love for the GP’s & therapist to believe me.

It’s not like one article that talks about benzo withdrawal. But there are individual studies about specific effects of the withdrawals. So when I get a new symptom or something changes I research it. And I generally find the research I need to justify that new symptom to me and it’s more recent. Ncbi has a vast amount of research about almost anything you can think of.

I heed you warning on researching this stuff. That can end up in a downward spiral of hypochondria and becoming convinced something else must be wrong ....

I

During the past several years, Baylissa has done so much pro bono work that she has almost gone out of business.  She has had to take out personal loans and rework her fee schedule just to stay afloat.  She has more people clamoring for free or near-free services than anyone can humanly handle.  She barely makes enough money to keep her operation going.  In fact, her fees actually fall below the industry standard for professional counseling.  She has made a great deal of self-sacrifice in order to continue serving the enormous demands of the withdrawal community.

But I will oppose anyone who questions Baylissa's expertise, her prices, and her selfless commitment to our community.

-Jeff   

I have no knowledge of her providing pro bono work, or any of the the other things you stated. Do you have a source for your information? My insurance covers professional counseling, it doesn't cover Baylisssa.  And as someone on a low fixed income, I have a right to question her fees, and the right to not use her because she is not affordable for me. I won't clamor for free or nearly free help from her, if she has actually done it. I'm not asking for free, just something I could afford. If she's unaffordable to me, she is unaccessable to me. Simple as that.

😂😂😂😂. Right!  There’s nothing more blasphemous then having an unpopular opinion on this site apparently. The original poster is probably like all I did was ask a simple question to get an array of opinions to be able to make a decision for myself and I ended up with the French Revolution on my page. 

I really really want everyone to know that googling symptoms and researching for me became an OBSESSION.... my hypochondria manifested and ruined years of my life

I healed regardless of what I read on the internet

Yes, get a checkup. Get bloodwork done, get your scans. But if it all comes back clear....please let it go. Don’t tell others to jump on this bandwagon. Baylissa is pulling back due to this crazy train.

You will get better regardless. Random Google articles won’t help you.

Nothing was wrong in my case. Nothing they found anyway. So Baylissa’s advice was life saving in my moments of despair.

There is nothing I could’ve done to heal faster. Except staying off meds.

Paxia, I’ve seen you mention mast cell. I’ve seen others claim Lyme disease or chronic fatigue or other hidden illnesses. Sure, maybe it is those. But probably not. And paxia, how is hearing about mast cell helping your healing process? Is it helping you heal faster? My assumption is it’s a phase of wd for you and eventually it’ll go away.

Also, baylissa costs less than a typical therapist. No she doesn’t take insurance because she’s located across seas. How could she? She’s in England i think. Anyway....she needs to make an income too, and as a fellow professional I think her pricing is very fair. I’m sorry if you can’t afford it but please don’t claim it’s not fair. $100/hourly for a one on one consult is the same you’d pay a therapist if you didn’t have health insurance

Do I have a source for my information?  My source is directly from her!  Over the years, Baylissa has communicated with her clients and members about her financial hardships due to her overextending herself and doing unsustainable amounts of pro bono work.  This is something that is very well-known about her.  Here is a quote from her website:

"Much of my work continues to be charitable and I will continue to offer voluntary/unpaid support until I retire. My greatest reward continues to be having the privilege of witnessing the remarkable healing that takes place.

With much gratitude,

Baylissa

And don't make me out to be someone who is looking to throw "darts" at anyone.  My objective is to stand up for Baylissa when someone says something false about her.  If there were any darts thrown, they were first thrown at Baylissa, and she's not here to stand up for herself.

-Jeff

😂😂😂😂. Right!  There’s nothing more blasphemous then having an unpopular opinion on this site apparently. The original poster is probably like all I did was ask a simple question to get an array of opinions to be able to make a decision for myself and I ended up with the French Revolution on my page.

The original poster did receive an array of opinions.  But unfortunately, she was also subjected to misinformation and downright falsehoods about Baylissa and her business, such as:

"she’s still basing her beliefs on seriously outdated data. To me I find more pertinent information on my own by searching myself and coming across NEW more up to date scientific studies."

And:

"There low income peole like myself, who can't afford Baylissa's services, and I feel as though she doesn't care about those on a fixed inome and helping them. I went to her website and was just totally turned off by the fees for services."

My efforts here were not to "throw darts" at anyone, but rather to dispel falsehoods that were said about Baylissa.  My hope is that everyone who reads this will understand that.

-Jeff

I really really want everyone to know that googling symptoms and researching for me became an OBSESSION.... my hypochondria manifested and ruined years of my life

I healed regardless of what I read on the internet

Yes, get a checkup. Get bloodwork done, get your scans. But if it all comes back clear....please let it go. Don’t tell others to jump on this bandwagon. Baylissa is pulling back due to this crazy train.

You will get better regardless. Random Google articles won’t help you.

Nothing was wrong in my case. Nothing they found anyway. So Baylissa’s advice was life saving in my moments of despair.

There is nothing I could’ve done to heal faster. Except staying off meds.

Paxia, I’ve seen you mention mast cell. I’ve seen others claim Lyme disease or chronic fatigue or other hidden illnesses. Sure, maybe it is those. But probably not. And paxia, how is hearing about mast cell helping your healing process? Is it helping you heal faster? My assumption is it’s a phase of wd for you and eventually it’ll go away.

Also, baylissa costs less than a typical therapist. No she doesn’t take insurance because she’s located across seas. How could she? She’s in England i think. Anyway....she needs to make an income too, and as a fellow professional I think her pricing is very fair. I’m sorry if you can’t afford it but please don’t claim it’s not fair. $100/hourly for a one on one consult is the same you’d pay a therapist if you didn’t have health insurance

Me mentioning something weeks ago isn’t relevant to this topic but okay, let’s go there. I was diagnosed with mast cell activation syndrome.  my blood and urine samples showed a diagnosis of mast cell. Is it withdrawal related???  Who knows. It’s possible I’m not ruling that out at all. When I mentioned mast cell in another post, it was simply to say that I strongly believe that there is a correlation between mast cell activation syndrome and benzo withdrawal. It’s too coincidental to not have some kind of connection. People heal from mast cell just like they heal from benzo withdrawal.  Is it helping me heal knowing that, no. But it’s not helping heal paying a ridiculous amount of money to someone to tell me what people on this site have already said over and over again either.

Me being able to afford her or not(which I can by the way) has nothing to do with my opinion as a professional myself as well, of her being overly priced for being so over rated. I never said it wasn’t fair, just that I think it’s overly priced for someone to tell you the same information on here.

I am sorry that you googling things sent you into a hypochondriac state. With me that’s not the case.  I didn’t even want to go to the GI doctor that diagnosed me with mast cell. My PCP kept pushing me to see them, I eventually caved and went to the appointment.

Paxia

The reason I brought it up was because you were mentioning researching things. And I think that’s dangerous to encourage people to do.

I researched why my ears were pounding once

I found a site called whooshers.com and read all the horror stories about blocked arteries and some crazy sh**.

So my research led me down a RABBIT HOLE.

Which is why I caution you on encouraging others to do so. Maybe you’re ok to research, but not everyone is.

My ears stopped pounding very gradually FYI, it was wd

But it caused me 3+ straight months of freaking out, granted I was really struggling back then with psychological symptoms

You said

“ So when I get a new symptom or something changes I research it. And I generally find the research I need to justify that new symptom to me and it’s more recent. Ncbi has a vast amount of research about almost anything you can think of.”

That’s extremely dangerous for some, which is why I’m pointing it out. I got to a point where everything I googled made me convinced I was dying. I diagnosed myself with SO MANY things. None of them were true....

The original poster did receive an array of opinions.  But unfortunately, she was also subjected to misinformation and downright falsehoods about Baylissa and her business, such as:

"she’s still basing her beliefs on seriously outdated data. To me I find more pertinent information on my own by searching myself and coming across NEW more up to date scientific studies."

And:

There low income peole like myself, who can't afford Baylissa's services, and I feel as though she doesn't care about those on a fixed inome and helping them. I went to her website and was just totally turned off by the fees for services.

My efforts here were not to "throw darts" at anyone, but rather to dispel falsehoods that were said about Baylissa.  My hope is that everyone who reads this will understand that.

-Jeff

Those are called opinions  not falsehoods. And you were throwing darts. You are frailty trying to belittle us for not having your same opinion of baylissa. And you are still continuing to do so. The bottom line is you think one thing about this chick. And I think something different. Nothing is going to change that. I’m not going to change your mind, nor will you change mine. Keep trying to belittle me all you guys want. That’s all that this is.  It’s bullying and a frail attempt to degrade an opinion that isn’t yours. Throwing darts is an excellent analogy of what this is, but I’m a big girl I can take it.  Either way. I still think what I think. No one is going to change that.

You said

“ So when I get a new symptom or something changes I research it. And I generally find the research I need to justify that new symptom to me and it’s more recent. Ncbi has a vast amount of research about almost anything you can think of.”

That’s extremely dangerous for some, which is why I’m pointing it out. I got to a point where everything I googled made me convinced I was dying. I diagnosed myself with SO MANY things. None of them were true....

It’s a double edged sword really because not telling people to look it up or go to a doctor can be just as dangerous. It really all depends on the person and what they feel they can tolerate. Again, opinions and figuring what works for you individually as you go along. Like you figured out you couldn’t google symptoms, others can. This whole entire process is really all individually based, and people need to figure what they can and can’t do. Or do want to or not all on their own. What works for one, doesn’t work for another. No one should not share a suggestion or opinion because it MAY or may not turn out one way or another. That’s why questions are posed. To get responses and for the poster to figure it out for themselves.

You guys are fighting about nothing because you aren’t on the same page or hearing each other. I think what Baylissa offers is being misunderstood by people here. She has been helping people in this community for a long time. She offers coping tools and reassurance and can be extremely helpful for those that need that.  People that can’t go on another day or need to hear from someone else even if it’s just once. I think people don’t understand her role or what she offers. She is not a benzo expert and she says this all the time herself. She’s just someone that went through an extremely difficult withdrawal that went on to get better and has supported people all this time. I think she’s very knowledgeable since she has all of the anecdotal evidence she’s collected all these years and even a friendship with the late professor Ashton. No one is saying you need to use her services to get better or that people that talk to her are at some kind of advantage than those that can’t afford to speak to her. She’s done more than most have done for this community through support, donations, etc. we don’t have that many people willing to stick their neck out and help out this community and she’s very appreciated. She’s not for everybody though and that’s ok. She seems to get all this unnecessary heat for some reason here and I think it’s because she’s misunderstood.

Also sorry for my thoughts being so scattered and repeating myself. It’s hard to get my point across with brain fog but I still stand by my overall opinion.

Also sorry for my thoughts being so scattered and repeating myself. It’s hard to get my point across with brain fog but I still stand by my overall opinion.

I know the feeling!  But you did very well, and your input was excellent.

-Jeff

Those are called opinions  not falsehoods. And you were throwing darts. You are frailty trying to belittle us for not having your same opinion of baylissa. And you are still continuing to do so. The bottom line is you think one thing about this chick. And I think something different. Nothing is going to change that. I’m not going to change your mind, nor will you change mine. Keep trying to belittle me all you guys want. That’s all that this is.  It’s bullying and a frail attempt to degrade an opinion that isn’t yours. Throwing darts is an excellent analogy of what this is, but I’m a big girl I can take it.  Either way. I still think what I think. No one is going to change that.

Paxia, I just reread this entire thread.  I honestly don't believe I or anyone else attempted to belittle, bully, or throw darts at you.  But I will step down now.

-Jeff

Paxia, I just reread this entire thread.  I honestly don't believe I or anyone else attempted to belittle, bully, or throw darts at you.  But I will step down now.

-Jeff

The definition of belittle is “To make someone or something seem unimportant “. Your direct intent on each of your replies was an attempt to make my opinion seem unimportant or inferior to yours because you do not agree. Therefore belittling.

The definition of bully is “ a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable “.  You habitually made attempts to intimidate me with claims that my opinions were falsehoods and misinformation.  Calling my opinion absurd, directly pointing your responses towards me, in an attempt to belittle. The direct content of every one of your replies with a defending and aggressive tone.

I have 3 older brothers so Trust  me when I say,  there is nothing you can say that will hurt my feelings or make me feel bad.  That being said, I am also immensely aware of when I see bullying and belittling.

You guys are fighting about nothing because you aren’t on the same page or hearing each other. I think what Baylissa offers is being misunderstood by people here. She has been helping people in this community for a long time. She offers coping tools and reassurance and can be extremely helpful for those that need that.  People that can’t go on another day or need to hear from someone else even if it’s just once. I think people don’t understand her role or what she offers. She is not a benzo expert and she says this all the time herself. She’s just someone that went through an extremely difficult withdrawal that went on to get better and has supported people all this time. I think she’s very knowledgeable since she has all of the anecdotal evidence she’s collected all these years and even a friendship with the late professor Ashton. No one is saying you need to use her services to get better or that people that talk to her are at some kind of advantage than those that can’t afford to speak to her. She’s done more than most have done for this community through support, donations, etc. we don’t have that many people willing to stick their neck out and help out this community and she’s very appreciated. She’s not for everybody though and that’s ok. She seems to get all this unnecessary heat for some reason here and I think it’s because she’s misunderstood.

I'm not discounting what you are sayiing, and you said it very well. I know many have benefitted from her services. She offers a lot of information, but so do others. People are free to pick and choose where they get their information from. There is nothing wrong with anyone utilizing what she has to offer the benzo community. There is no question she has done a lot, but so have others. I think you said it best where you wrote:

She’s not for everybody though and that’s ok.

I'm not discounting what you are sayiing, and you said it very well. I know many have benefitted from her services. She offers a lot of information, but so do others. People are free to pick and choose where they get their information from. There is nothing wrong with anyone utilizing what she has to offer the benzo community. There is no question she has done a lot, but so have others. I think you said it best where you wrote:

She’s not for everybody though and that’s ok.

I think sometimes hearing actually hearing a voice who has been there is helpful. She has made a business of it and that is ok I guess bc she puts in a lot of time. I know I wish I had known of her November 2017. Things would have turned out ALOTTTTTTT different...like...I wouldn't be here on bb. I would be living my best life still. I also know when you are severe it feels good to be told you will heal until you hang up and realize you still have to face the hell you are in. I get the perspective of "why would she tell someone they wouldn't heal" I mean of course she wouldn't tell someone "ope. You're the one. Dang. Sorry for your bad luck"

I think it depends on at what point in your fight you reach her.

The definition of belittle is “To make someone or something seem unimportant “. Your direct intent on each of your replies was an attempt to make my opinion seem unimportant or inferior to yours because you do not agree. Therefore belittling.

The definition of bully is “ a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable “.  You habitually made attempts to intimidate me with claims that my opinions were falsehoods and misinformation.  Calling my opinion absurd, directly pointing your responses towards me, in an attempt to belittle. The direct content of every one of your replies with a defending and aggressive tone.

I have 3 older brothers so Trust  me when I say,  there is nothing you can say that will hurt my feelings or make me feel bad.  That being said, I am also immensely aware of when I see bullying and belittling.

I've decided to return to this thread to add my rebuttals:

You cannot pretend to know what my direct intent was.  My direct intent was to present correct information.  I was very careful to state facts, not my opinions.  When I asked you to cite your references, you could not.  (Although, it's interesting how you are quite willing to cite dictionary references when you need the definitions for certain words in this post.)  What was belittling was your referring to me and others as "The French Revolution".

I am not interested in harming or intimidating anyone, and I certainly am not in the habit of it.  Moreover, I do not perceive you as vulnerable.  Perhaps you perceive yourself as vulnerable.

I am also not interested in hurting your feelings or making you feel bad.  Your family of origin issues should not enter into this discussion.

In summary, it can certainly be said that you've belittled and bullied others with your posts.

-Jeff

[3a...]