Immune to benzos???

[Be...]

My diazepam no longer works as it did prior to withdrawal and reinstating.

This might be because a I didn’t go high enough to stabilise properly but now it seems to make some symptoms worse and I have to taper off again.

Thanks - that’s the type of response I was seeking. If anything I’d think it would be more “effective” since our tolerance has gone down. Ie drinking a beer after not drinking for a while.

Just a note.

A friend of mine stopped drinking for 21 years. She drank again one day. Now she thinks Bill Clinton is president and forgot she had children. She’s in her 60s and will be in a home for the rest of her life. So your analogy is quite correct actually. Just not the outcome.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [al...]

• [Ma...]

• [so...]

My diazepam no longer works as it did prior to withdrawal and reinstating.

This might be because a I didn’t go high enough to stabilise properly but now it seems to make some symptoms worse and I have to taper off again.

Thanks - that’s the type of response I was seeking. If anything I’d think it would be more “effective” since our tolerance has gone down. Ie drinking a beer after not drinking for a while.

Just a note.

A friend of mine stopped drinking for 21 years. She drank again one day. Now she thinks Bill Clinton is president and forgot she had children. She’s in her 60s and will be in a home for the rest of her life. So your analogy is quite correct actually. Just not the outcome.

Whaaaaaat? How is that possible? She had one drink and it gave her dementia? How does that work?

Let me clarify.

She started drinking one day and drank a lot every day for weeks. This can happen. I’ve been a member of AA for 23 years and I’ve seen this before. One can die from alcohol. It’s very dangerous to start once you have stopped. Since it’s a progressive illness your brain forgot you stopped drinking. It just picks up from where you left off. Any good drunk knows this.

I feel like once a poison has gotten the chance to build up in my body, next time it would get into it, the damage would be even worse.

I have some similar experience with antibiotics and pain killers.

Shamo,

If you click on the OP’s post history, you can see this is not his first post.  There are many of us who have encountered this OP’s posts several times.  What may seem to you like uncaring or critical replies to a seemingly innocent question by the OP, replies that seem unfair to you, are actually responses to a person who, through his numerous previous posts, has established a certain pattern and reputation for himself that hasn’t been very positive on this forum.  He is reaping the consequences of the totality of his post history, not being chastised for one single post.

That’s just the way this forum works.  And human nature, for that matter.  When you establish a reputation for yourself as someone who is glib, uncaring and/or unsupportive with others, it is not unusual for you to receive negative replies when you reach out for help.

Sofa

When I see a post that is negative or might be a bad thing to do, I click on show posts to get a history of them. In this particular case, sofa is right. It’s good to see a pattern.

Well it did SOMETHING: you became more anxious and your tinnitus got worse. That should tell you to maybe not try this again.

AJUSTA: Here at BB, we follow each other for support. Sometimes, you write that you need to lower the dose, and sometimes you do. You promised to change your signature. However, according to that, you have done a reinstallation (March). To understand your symptoms, it is very good to know your dose. Thanks in advance! :)

Without getting into it, took 1.5 mg Xanax yesterday. It did absolutely nothing and sort of made me more anxious than if I didn’t. My tinnitus actual got a bit worse also. This happen to anyone in which a rescue dose did absolutely nothing?

happened to me on Valium so I had to stop or go heavier on them but I suppose I made the right decision to stop 🍀good luck🍀