Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Thanks, Intend! Much appreciated.

I did research online and did see where some do cut them so I am going to leave my request at 1mg as frankly my doc probably won't even do that and if I switch it again, she'll insist on a psych dealing with the meds. Since I don't have one and since he/she wouldn't automatically do what I need anyway, I'm just hoping she might.

If not, I'll have to rent a car and drive 3-4 hours to see someone I think. 19 degrees here, no fun.

Wisdom seeker, I’m hoping you saw the conversation between wavesonshore and someone else about how they cut these pills. I think I forgot to look that up myself. Got some interruptions yesterday. Long ones and had to stop posting to talk with someone who came over. I will try to do that today.

And hopefully your doctor will get busy and approve that.

Sounds like you’re in a small town somewhere to have to drive up to 4 hours to see a psychiatrist.

It’s about the same her also as temperature. Cold, cold. Gloomy too.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Intend. Feeling really alone with this as my doc is now ignoring my request and not responding.

I did call the receptionist and she said she'd tell her, etc. But, it's been days and nothing.

Meanwhile, the pill is 1/4 mile away. Not sure what to do. I have no leads for a doctor who will prescribe.

I didn't see that convo. If you could point me or link me to it, I would be ever so grateful.

Ever since I tried the Klonopin name brand and woke up awful, I've been super sick. I'm nauseous

every day and my stomach is bad (was not before).

I now have sleep PTSD and am ok till I put my head down, then the panic comes. I usually wake

early, last night after one hour, with panic again. I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Hope everyone is stabilizing and send the best to all.

Thanks Intend. Feeling really alone with this as my doc is now ignoring my request and not responding.

I did call the receptionist and she said she'd tell her, etc. But, it's been days and nothing.

Meanwhile, the pill is 1/4 mile away. Not sure what to do. I have no leads for a doctor who will prescribe.

I didn't see that convo. If you could point me or link me to it, I would be ever so grateful.

Ever since I tried the Klonopin name brand and woke up awful, I've been super sick. I'm nauseous

every day and my stomach is bad (was not before).

I now have sleep PTSD and am ok till I put my head down, then the panic comes. I usually wake

early, last night after one hour, with panic again. I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Hope everyone is stabilizing and send the best to all.

Wisdom,

Got so caught up in these last few days, I’m overwhelmed.

First of all, you need a psychiatrist who’s willing to prescribe what you need. Some of them no nothing about benzos or titration or anything at all, but if you have a lead on one, you need try hard to get to that person. Like I say, they may not know much, but may be willing to go at your pace.

I cant remember if your current doctor knew about one or not. But this definitely needs follow up. I’d take you if I was where you are, but I don’t think I’m where you are. But that is number 1.

And now I will look for waves conversations about the conversation about cutting these tablets. Give me a minute. You can do it too. Just look on the membership list, and you will see “wavesonshore.”

Then go to her posting  history and read the posts. It’s there. We can both look.

So Wisdom,

I just looked the her posting history and I see varied, but disconnect posts on cutting the ODTS.

At this point, I’d send her a pm.

I got her name wrong. It’s “wavesonshore.” She pretty active, so send her a pm on how to cut the ODTS.

And you must find a psychiatrist. Call your doctors office and ask for some names, and then call several who are recommended.

I'm in MA. Yes, trying hard to find a proper doctor who understands and will prescribe this.

Searched members but can't find wavesonshore. Maybe it's spelled differently? Thanks!

Wisdom,

From what I know, there are really good psyches in Massachusetts or is it Maine?

Nevertheless, looks like I misspelled again.

It’s wavesontheshore.

So sorry about that. I’m doing an audit. Overwhelming. And I’m in Utah. I would get you going where you need to go, but that’s a long ways away.

I’ve been to both Massachusetts and Maine though. Wonderful states.

Thank you!  :smitten:

Yes, sadly my good friends are in California or Australia.

Moved back home to take care of Mom who passed away :( .

I'll keep researching.

Thank you!  :smitten:

Yes, sadly my good friends are in California or Australia.

Moved back home to take care of Mom who passed away :( .

I'll keep researching.

Wisdom, I hope you found the posts of wavesontheshore to be somewhat helpful. Is there any way  you could move back to California or even Australia to have friends/family to help you get more supportive help with this all this tapering?

I just don’t like the idea of being in Massachusetts and being so isolated like you seem to be. I worry about you just like I worry about myself.

I never stabilized on the name brand, I was in hospital for psyche issues and they gave me mylan brand (dont ask me how they still had it), I was better on that. After 4 days on being home on the name brand I'm getting sick again. So I'm going back to solco, and sadly taking 1.5 now, I fought updosing so hard but I couldn't quite do it.

Solco worked for me for 2 months (switched from TEVA thought nothing of it) until I got cranky on it...I figure if I know I'm going to get cranky I can at least head it off maybe?

I never stabilized on the name brand, I was in hospital for psyche issues and they gave me mylan brand (dont ask me how they still had it), I was better on that. After 4 days on being home on the name brand I'm getting sick again. So I'm going back to solco, and sadly taking 1.5 now, I fought updosing so hard but I couldn't quite do it.

Solco worked for me for 2 months (switched from TEVA thought nothing of it) until I got cranky on it...I figure if I know I'm going to get cranky I can at least head it off maybe?

Actually Byr,

Being cranky and irritable is common with benzos as a side effect. Some people just don’t do well on benzos whether just taking them or withdrawing from them.

Actually Byr,

Being cranky and irritable is common with benzos as a side effect. Some people just don’t do well on benzos whether just taking them or withdrawing from them.

So weird. I was fine on the teva...maybe a bit of irritability but nothing like solco

Actually Byr,

So weird. I was fine on the teva...maybe a bit of irritability but nothing like solco

So Byr,

I get what you mean. Who knows what’s in this crap anyway. Solco is a Chinese company from what I understand, and they use it here also. The FDA just doesn’t check any drug like they should anymore.

We just get what we get and hope for the best. My doc has several patients on accord which has been ok for her, but it’s in the US I believe as maybe Durham North Carolina. You can always get that info on google. I don’t know if the FDA even checks them though.

And if you google solco, it’s chinese I’m pretty sure. At this point it’s tough to know what to try or recommend.

Actually Byr,

So Byr,

I get what you mean. Who knows what’s in this crap anyway. Solco is a Chinese company from what I understand, and they use it here also. The FDA just doesn’t check any drug like they should anymore.

We just get what we get and hope for the best. My doc has several patients on accord which has been ok for her, but it’s in the US I believe as maybe Durham North Carolina. You can always get that info on google. I don’t know if the FDA even checks them though.

And if you google solco, it’s chinese I’m pretty sure. At this point it’s tough to know what to try or recommend.

Solco and accord are both Chinese I believe

Byr,

I’m going to google accord pharmaceuticals to see where they are  located, and alson ask google if accord is a Chinese company, and then I post back to you.

Byr,

I’m going to google accord pharmaceuticals to see where they are  located, and alson ask google if accord is a Chinese company, and then I post back to you.

I just heard from other chats they were in China (a lot of people referring to them as Chinese crap ) I've never been on accord but have seen some people like it. I was okay on mylan which many called a sugar pill, okay on solco took it before (but this is my 1st day back on) actavis was awful, teva was really the only one that helped me sleep amazingly. Like I said never stabilized on name brand

So Byr,

My search on google indicated that accord in a subsidiary of intas pharmaceuticals which is located in India.

Is that better?

Probably not.

The only thing that I can say about accord is that it’s been around for several years. Not a real newcomer.

Started in 2005, and I guess introduced to US markets in 2009.

I think we really have be CEOs to know any of this inside sh...t.

It so weird...really the only difference between all of them and teva is povidone...

That somehow seems to be making a difference?

I know other ingredients are in there in different amounts but weird that teva uses povidone or cospovidone a LOT. I believe it is a dispersing agent as well but not 100%

It so weird...really the only difference between all of them and teva is povidone...

That somehow seems to be making a difference?

I know other ingredients are in there in different amounts but weird that teva uses povidone or cospovidone a LOT. I believe it is a dispersing agent as well but not 100%

I think that DubCity said that he thought the povidone was an ingredient that somehow extended the duration of action.

And Wikipedia says it’s a polymer that is water soluble that is used as a suspending agent and dispersing agent. So looks like you’re right.

From my doctor

RE: Pescription Question

Disintegrating tablets do not come in 1mg. These are tablets to only be used for acute situations. I do not think this is the best solution for you.

I sent her the link to all the strengths they come in from Teva. I'm  lost. She won't write for it. I don't know what to do.

I feel completely alone in this. My friend who is an anti-depressant expert says going from name or generic to generic

can be like Cold Turkey. But what can she do? She isn't here.

No, I can't move to Australia :( or anywhere else right now. Way too sick and freezing here in Winter.

From my doctor

RE: Pescription Question

Disintegrating tablets do not come in 1mg. These are tablets to only be used for acute situations. I do not think this is the best solution for you.

I sent her the link to all the strengths they come in from Teva. I'm  lost. She won't write for it. I don't know what to do.

I feel completely alone in this. My friend who is an anti-depressant expert says going from name or generic to generic

can be like Cold Turkey. But what can she do? She isn't here.

No, I can't move to Australia :( or anywhere else right now. Way too sick and freezing here in Winter.

"These are tablets to only be used for acute situations" What is that supposed to mean anyway? Does she know youre tapering?

Wisdom,

That doctor of yours is wrong about these tablets.

They might be used in acute situations as in someone refusing to take tablets of any kind or inability to swallow, but they work the same as a regular tablet.

So yes, those are not your situation, but you still need the clonazepam.

And if I remember correctly, your in an isolated area of Massachusetts. I’m guessing that this is a small town where they have a few doctors who practice family medicine.

You mentioned renting a car to get to a larger city and seeing a psychiatrist. And you also mentioned getting a referral from your doctor to do this.

You could look for a psychiatrist or a psychiatric nurse or a physicians assistant or a nurse practitioner.

So a person with these letters after the name PMHNP, PA, NP. They just need to be willing to provide you with these tablets and be licensed to prescribe controlled substances.

And yes, if nothing else works you may just have to adjust to whichever generic brand is now available by taking it for however long it takes to adjust which may happen quickly over weeks or months. I can’t predict that.

Byrjun, My doctor is a coward who when I was sick and out of my clonazepam two years ago and could not get in to see her, told me she was 'not comfortable' writing a prescription for it until I came in even though she wrote it for over 5 years. I told her how you can't stop it suddenly and first do no harm. She told me well then go to the ER, psych.  I was in bad withdrawal. She has been my doc for over 10 years, partially because I thought she'd keep writing the Cymbalta she put me on for fibro and the clonaz till I could taper off them.

I should have got rid of her ages ago :(.

She makes no sense.

Intend, I know she's wrong and I keep trying to explain it calmly through the portal. She hasn't even called me back as I've requested. She won't do it and I don't know what to do.

Yes, I am isolated where I am. I have written to psychs to see if they are open to writing for this as it makes no sense to pay for a visit to one who won't do it. I need one who understands at the very least.  Can a Psychiatric Nurse write prescriptions? I've looked into psychiatricpharmacologists. I'm at a loss.  I don't know how to adjust to generic because I end up with horrible panic every morning and cannot sleep because of the panic and now have sleep trauma.

Has anyone crossed to Valium? Has anyone here tried it? I really don't think it's a good solution for me with my sensitivities.

Wisdom,

Yes, a psychiatric nurse can write for this. So can a physicians assistant, and a nurse practitioner.

If nothing else is available, you will just have to adjust to whatever clonazepam is there.

I just don’t get this. You said you came there to help your mom, but she’s has died. So leave ASAP.

As in whenever you can.

Wisdom I posted on klonopin klub 2 I dont know if you seen it.I'll paste it here.

Wisdom,I found these two Dr's in Mass. just hope your close to one.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/doctors/

Massachusetts

Dawna L. Jones, MD

99 Longwater Circle, Suite 100

Norwell, MA 02061

(781) 829-0930

Rebecca S. Lundquist, MD

279 Lincoln Street

Worcester, MA 01605

(855) UMASS-MD