Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Can someone please help me wean off 8 mg of lorazepam

[su...]

Susana, I was able to directly wean off of 5 mg's of Lorazepam using a method very similar to what Jim Hawk has outlined, except in my case I used the services of a compounding pharmacy to prepare pre-measured capsules.  I cut 7% of my preceding dose level every 11 days and took five capsules a day.  One at 7 AM, one at 1 PM, one at 6 PM and two at 11 PM.  (Because I had an insomnia problem due to the Prednisone I was taking for another condition, I needed to take two at 11 PM.)  I constructed my own taper schedule chart and gave it to my doctor so she could send a new script to the compounding pharmacy every three months.  It took me 34 months to complete my taper but it went extremely well with very few bumps in the road.  I had been taking Lorazepam for 20 years, was hooked deep and had gone through several failed attempts to get off prior to discovering this method.  The main advantage to farming out the work to a compounding pharmacy is convenience.  I was running a business during my taper and needed something quick and easy.

BTW, Jim Hawk's spreadsheet app will be a godsend to many, many people.  Kudo's to Jim!

I please need help in weaning off 8mg of lorazepam.

Hi,  Your signature confusing and not showing how you got up to 8 mg.