Any advice before I resign?

[Be...]

Toxic naps are when you take a nap and wake up feeling worse.

You are right to take time to heal and allow things to calm down some.  It’s harder when you are alone in struggle.  Take it one moment at a time.

Fighting

I think you need to focus on healing now, if money is not a huge issue for you. When I went CT I was already on SS disability (due to an injury thanks to being on benzos!) So I had an income, however low it was. This did allow me to focus on healing, and doing whatever helped me feel better back then.

Your job, your work, will sort itself out later. Once you are healed, you may find you want to do something else entirely! Going through benzo withdrawal seems to change some people (me included) and lead them into entirely new directions. Please, just heal, take care of yourself, and do everything you can do to learn more about what you are going through. Knowledge IS power, and this is especially true about benzo withdrawal!

Please dont give up. Better days are coming....just hang on and you will slowly know what I mean.

east :thumbsup:

BBG, my friend,

I beg you not to give up now. I feel terrible for you, as I have a good idea how awful you feel right now. I once walked in those miserable shoes.

There is nothing easy about benzo withdrawal for some people. No one knows why but some people just have it a lot worse, and for NO logical reason. It isnt anything you did or didnt do. It is just the way it IS for you now. I BEG you to continue on, no matter what. Going through this withdrawal disaster will either make you or break you. Please let it make you!

Many people before you have had awful withdrawals. You are not the first, nor will you be the last. There is just something about benzos that causes so much misery to so many people. People have DIED because of benzos! Think of how many musicians have died because of benzos. Prince, Michael Jackson,......I could go on and on. Please do not let you be in that group. You are a valuable person, no matter what you did in the past, okay?

much love to you, my friend,

east :smitten:

Does such a thing exist as a sabbatical or medical leave? It would be good if you had the option to return when things were a little lighter for you if you enjoy your job under normal conditions. Some companies are willing to work with you. I haven't read through all the comments so apologies if this is redundant.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I read your post and I have the same problem. I have been on disability since April 2016, but did have several operations also. I am at 6 mos and 21 days since my last Xanax. I was taking 0.25 5 times a day.  I believe my symptoms of insomnia, buzzing/fullness in my head, nausea, burning feeling sometimes, about a month ago started with chills/cold to the bone, muscle spasms. I also had really bad memory problems which have gotten better.  I have a hard time moving, spend most of my time on couch.  The psychiatrist says the same thing, Xanax would not cause these symptoms and I should go to a Mayo Clinic or U of M for medical.  I see several doctors and they know there is a problem, but will not say it is caused by the drugs. I see a Neuro surgeon also, who has looked into the sleeping problem and went to a sleep lab and trying to use a CPAP machine. It does not help me from getting up 2-3 times a night.  It sounds like we have a lot in common regarding our problems. I was hoping by 7 months the problems would subside.