A positive part for those who need motivation

[Ro...]

So sorry Rondogunz and others. I have no idea what led up to any of those comments, I see how out of place they are now. Was in heaps of pain  :-[

:smitten:

really sorry

:hug: :hug: :smitten:

So sorry Rondogunz and others. I have no idea what led up to any of those comments, I see how out of place they are now. Was in heaps of pain  :-[

:smitten:

really sorry

:hug: :hug: :smitten:

:hug: thank you so much... needed this.

Rondo,  This is the first time I have heard anyone else use the coping method of saying "If I die, I die" and it was greatly appreciated.  After being bed ridden for 4 weeks; my psychiatrist told me to get out and walk.  I thought she was crazy.  I am a very strong athlete who often pushed myself to excel but I could not even stand - never mind walk.  But I did.  I walked around our yard for 15 minutes saying exactly that "If I die, I die" because it really didn't matter all that much to me at that point.  My face was constantly twitching and my body was so uncoordinated that I kept slipping.  But it helped.  I literally fell back into bed and slept that day better than I had in months (hit tolerance before fast taper).  And although I would like to say that like you, I was able to increase the distance and add weight; that is simply not true.  However; I am walking without major issues and can even kick the soccer ball (like to a tree... not dribble).  I have been increasing tasks that require coordination ever since but due to exhaustion; not able to sustain cardio.  Today was a huge step in that I planted three perennials in my garden.  Three flippin plants!  God how much I have changed but need to focus on the progress.  THANK you for posting.  And those muscle aches.... I am blessed to not have them today or right now but they feel like my bones are cutting me from the inside out.  Hot epsom salt baths help me for temporary relief.  Take care.

Rondo,  This is the first time I have heard anyone else use the coping method of saying "If I die, I die" and it was greatly appreciated.  After being bed ridden for 4 weeks; my psychiatrist told me to get out and walk.  I thought she was crazy.  I am a very strong athlete who often pushed myself to excel but I could not even stand - never mind walk.  But I did.  I walked around our yard for 15 minutes saying exactly that "If I die, I die" because it really didn't matter all that much to me at that point.  My face was constantly twitching and my body was so uncoordinated that I kept slipping.  But it helped.  I literally fell back into bed and slept that day better than I had in months (hit tolerance before fast taper).  And although I would like to say that like you, I was able to increase the distance and add weight; that is simply not true.  However; I am walking without major issues and can even kick the soccer ball (like to a tree... not dribble).  I have been increasing tasks that require  coordination ever since but due to exhaustion; not able to sustain cardio.  Today was a huge step in that I planted three perennials in my garden.  Three flippin plants!  God how much I have changed but need to focus on the progress.  THANK you for posting.  And those muscle aches.... I am blessed to not have them today or right now but they feel like my bones are cutting me from the inside out.  Hot epsom salt baths help me for temporary relief.  Take care.

That's great progressLeslieJ and even more impressive effort!  Good luck and keep us informed on when you dribble that soccer ️ ball :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to update this post to say that I am now dribbling a soccer ball.... Not for long but I can do it!  I am up about 50% of the day but still not that productive.  My aches are almost gone (they come back in waves) and my muscles only twitch when I am physically or emotionally wiped.  This is what I wanted to share today; there is such a connection between the mind and the body that I believe that we can over-ride some of the emotional pain from withdrawing by physical activity.  And I am NOT talking about working out.  So so far from that.  But stepping with mindfulness or doing a simple repetitive task for SHORT periods of time seems to really have an affect on the fear, anxiety and even help that awful mental fog.  But listening to your body is so important to so that you don't exhaust yourself.  I am not sure if I am dealing more with muscle atrophy or still with the withdrawal fatigue but I get up and do something and then feel the need to lay down and rest.  This is getting better with longer periods of being up doing something as opposed to being bed-ridden like I was for the first 5 weeks.  SO while I am not recovered, I do feel better and better every day and of course - it is not linear in that the healing comes in spurts and waves are triggered by heat, stress and poor nutrition.  Hope we are all feeling better and if not; know we will get there together.

I just wanted to update this post to say that I am now dribbling a soccer ball.... Not for long but I can do it!  I am up about 50% of the day but still not that productive.  My aches are almost gone (they come back in waves) and my muscles only twitch when I am physically or emotionally wiped.  This is what I wanted to share today; there is such a connection between the mind and the body that I believe that we can over-ride some of the emotional pain from withdrawing by physical activity.  And I am NOT talking about working out.  So so far from that.  But stepping with mindfulness or doing a simple repetitive task for SHORT periods of time seems to really have an affect on the fear, anxiety and even help that awful mental fog.  But listening to your body is so important to so that you don't exhaust yourself.  I am not sure if I am dealing more with muscle atrophy or still with the withdrawal fatigue but I get up and do something and then feel the need to lay down and rest.  This is getting better with longer periods of being up doing something as opposed to being bed-ridden like I was for the first 5 weeks.  SO while I am not recovered, I do feel better and better every day and of course - it is not linear in that the healing comes in spurts and waves are triggered by heat, stress and poor nutrition.  Hope we are all feeling better and if not; know we will get there together.

That is so great you are dribbling that soccer ️ ball Leslie.....I believe too, moving helps.  It doesn't have to be long or aggressive, just movement, if you can, will help you feel better.  Good for you :D