Pills to liquid causing problems

[ch...]

So how do I get .007 reduction per day. I was trying to make it easy on me.  What would make it easy on me and keep up with a easy number.  HELP 

Didn't realize this.. hopefully get put back on track.

caltn-

What specifically is your formula & taper rate?

The chills & ringing, floaty boatly ( off balance ), mild anxiety are typical withdrawal symptoms. They can increase sometimes if one tapers to quickly tho.

I mix my 1mg in 100 ml of milk and reduce .02 daily

So your formula is 1:100 (1mg=100ml ;1ml =.01mg) You reduce 2ml a day? (.02mg)? That is well over the 10% recommended taper rate. This may be why you are having symptoms.

10% of 1mg=.10; .10/14days=.007 reduction per day

Bella

How long after I finish my taper will I still have sxs, 6 months?

That is hard to say. It varies individually.

I got it now... just figured it out.

So how do I get .007 reduction per day. I was trying to make it easy on me.  What would make it easy on me and keep up with a easy number.  HELP 

Why not try to remove 1ml a day instead of 2ml a day & see if you feel better. Cut your reduction in half.

You can use a 1ml syringe  to remove your daily reduction (each line = .0001mg) using your 1:100 (1mg=100ml) formula

Why not try to remove 1ml a day instead of 2ml a day & see if you feel better. Cut your reduction in half.

You can use a 1ml syringe  to remove your daily reduction (each line = .0001mg) using your 1:100 (1mg=100ml) formula

Thanks.  that's what I was thinking.

Update..day 4 of 2 mg pill and 1.4 mg liquid valium and sleep is settling. I think I may be adjusting, thank god. Would my next step be to drop the pills completely, switch to 3.4 of liquid, hold for a bit then begin daily microtaper, or try to get another round of pills and switch to liquid more gradually?

Update..day 4 of 2 mg pill and 1.4 mg liquid valium and sleep is settling. I think I may be adjusting, thank god. Would my next step be to drop the pills completely, switch to 3.4 of liquid, hold for a bit then begin daily microtaper, or try to get another round of pills and switch to liquid more gradually?

Hi chenka44-

Glad you are feeling more settled now! You could drop the pills alL together but why not consider staying on the combo since you seem to be doing better with the tablet/liquid combo right now. When I tapered Valium what worked well for me was to reduce using Liquid & tablet combo right down to 1mg then I switched to all liquid @1mg.

This is actually what my taper looked like from 3.4mg using tablets & liquid combo:

10% of 3.4=.34/14days= .024 rounded off=  .02 reduction per day

5% of 3.4=.17/14days = .012 rounded off=  .01 reduction per day                                           

10% Reduction                         

Start                  Daily  Dosage                  Total Daily

3.4mg          Tablets        Liquid 1:1            Reduction   

Day  1            2mg            1.40ml                .02mg/ml

Day  2            2mg            1.38ml                .04mg/ml

Day  3            2mg            1.36ml                .06mg/ml

Day  4            2mg            1.34ml                .08mg/ml

Day  5            2mg            1.32ml                .10mg/ml

Day  6            2mg            1.30ml                .12mg/ml

Day  7            2mg            1.28ml                .14mg/ml

I see my quack on Friday and will ask him for pills. He seems very confused about tapering, difficulties switching from one method to another etc, so I don't know if he will give me any. What should I do, if he won't?..i was thinking of holding for a week, then daily microtaper.

I see my quack on Friday and will ask him for pills. He seems very confused about tapering, difficulties switching from one method to another etc, so I don't know if he will give me any. What should I do, if he won't?..i was thinking of holding for a week, then daily microtaper.

:laugh:

What I would do is tell your quack doctor that you are feeling much better symptom wise doing the combo. Also, maybe consider bringing him a detailed taper chart like the one I posted above only complete the chart for a least 1 month of tapering. This way he can see 1st hand what exactly your intentions are. Sometimes it becomes more clear when they can actually "see" rather than just "hear" you intentions  :thumbsup:

So I tried the regime you mentioned as in one 2 mg valium tab and 1.4 liquid and the very first night got the  nightmares and crap sleep back..did it for 2 more night then couldn't stand it. New regime is 3 mg in tablets and daily taper of rest in liquid. So far, is ok. Hoping to sneak up on liquid, as it were. If it doesn't stabilise, then I guess I will be going the crush and weigh route

Nightmares and bad sleep last night ..I think I may be one of those people who cannot tolerate liquid. Looks like back to pills, which means weighing etc. Does anyone microtaper using pills and what is the regime please? I am on 3.4 valium per day

So I tried the regime you mentioned as in one 2 mg valium tab and 1.4 liquid and the very first night got the  nightmares and crap sleep back..did it for 2 more night then couldn't stand it. New regime is 3 mg in tablets and daily taper of rest in liquid. So far, is ok. Hoping to sneak up on liquid, as it were. If it doesn't stabilise, then I guess I will be going the crush and weigh route

There is absolutely no way that changing less than half your dose to liquid could have any effect overnight.  With Valium, you could skip a whole day's dose, and not feel it for several days.

I'm not doubting that experienced sleep issue, but they were't caused by taking part or your dose from liquid, same day.

I respect your opinion but the only time I ever experienced nightmares was when I was totally off by mistake for 10 days at the beginning last June, and since screwing around with a: my attempt to titrate with water and b: the pharmacy stuff.  I do not understand how  this could be so either but I cannot tolerate the nightmares. So, could you please advise if it's possible to microtaper dry valium and how to go about it please?

I found 10% to be too much after I hit 5 mg

I respect your opinion but the only time I ever experienced nightmares was when I was totally off by mistake for 10 days at the beginning last June, and since screwing around with a: my attempt to titrate with water and b: the pharmacy stuff.  I do not understand how  this could be so either but I cannot tolerate the nightmares. So, could you please advise if it's possible to microtaper dry valium and how to go about it please?

I found 10% to be too much after I hit 5 mg

Yes, being "totally off for 10 days" would likely cause some pretty severe sxs, but changing less than 1/2 your dose once would not.

But a dry taper with scales is  pretty simple.

As an example assume you have 2mg tablets, and that they weigh 150mgs each.

Current dose 3.4mg (255mg by weight)

Reduce 10%/14 days

255X10%=25.5mg (round down to 25mg)

Your current dose (3.4mg) would weigh 255mg (3.4/4=.85, .85X 300mg=255mg)

Crush 10 tablets (20mg)

The from that supply, weigh the following dose each day

250mg

225mg

200mg

175mg

etc...

If you need a schedule based on your actual pills, tell my how much they weigh, and I'll give you an updated instruction.

.070g=70mg

2 X 70mg =140mg by weight

3.4mg/4mg = .85=85%

140mg X 85% = 119mg  round up to 120mg  (.12g) by weight

.12g dose X 10% reduction = .012g reduction by weight

.012g/14 days = .00085g/day reduction by weight

Since your scale proabably has only 3 decimal precision (.001g), you need to round up to .001g/day reduction.  That's actually about 11.5%/14 days

Crush 10 tablets (20mg)

Weigh out the following daily doses:

.120g

.119g

.118g

.117g, etc...

It appears my scale has only 2 decimal places after the dot. Is it still possible to measure?

A scale that only reads to .01g would not be of much value for doing a taper.

You may  need to review your user's manual, and/or check you settings.

I have never seen a gram scale that didn't read to at least 3 decimal places (.001g)  That's actually 1mg.  The more expensive lab-grade scales read 4 decimal places (.0001g)

What brand/model scale to you have.