• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [su...]

• [Wa...]

• [...]

• [Su...]

[73...]

Warrior2021, I know exactly how you feel, wanting it to end, seeing people who suffer a long time like member I want my life back 76 and feeling despondent. There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I read success stories like SSR74 who suffered intense and debilitating withdrawal, then recovered in 8 months. Then I read stories like FakeIt who took 2 years, and I am so upset. And then there are hundreds of stories in between. I have collected CT stories of short-term users who heal in 3,4,5,6,7,8 months, many with horrendous withdrawals in the early months.

I say this because many of the people here on BB are going to be the worst sufferers - that is why they are still here. They are the really unlucky ones (I am so sorry I want my life back 76).

We have no idea where we will be and I think that is what makes it so hard. I desperately want to know when people had anxiety that was manageable. It helps to know, but it may or may not be my fate. All I can do is work on my brain the best that I can. I have been working so hard to get myself doing more things. I gag and vomit when I do things other than walk or some readying / typing. But I am telling my brain that it is going to be ok, that we are going to do these things now. I think it is helping. I am 2% better each day. It feels like nothing, but I feel it adding up.

Warrior2021, it is a great sign that you feel like sleeping! I felt so wound up for months, that I never felt like that. It sucks to feel so fatigued, but it's your body and mind craving rest. Not having a ton of adrenaline is GREAT!

JBen021, I am so incredibly impressed with all that you do! I am trying too! You are doing so well!

Sunshine75, we have a lot of similarities in our stories - I hope I can get to where you are soon!

I think you guys are going to be fast healers.

Summerfun72, hang in there, it sounds like you are doing it the right way. You are going to come out the other side!

As for me, I just don't know. My early withdrawals were severe and I fear so much that I have damaged my brain and it will take me years to heal. If I didn't have cycling debilitating anxiety and depression, I'd be ok with burning skin, tinnitus, even stomach problems. The mental stuff, when it goes away, will be a true triumph.

I fear my kids will be grown and gone by the time it happens. I fear that Christmas will come again and I won't be able to have it for them...again. I have so many fears. I know that fearing won't make me heal faster. I also don't think it slows us down, so if you have fears, it's ok. I try to think positive, but it's hard when things change so slowly.

Hang in there friends. So many HUGS!

[cd...]