30+ month and still in the fight

[so...]

Flicka,

I know it’s quiet.  I’m fighting a virus and gum infection. 

Maybe it’s our timeframe off that keeps the thread dormant.  We’ve run out of things to say about this process.  We are tired of dealing with this bullshit.  I know I am.  We just keep putting in time and more time and nothing seems to change much.

I’m here and I’m listening.  I’m just sad.  I know we will heal eventually, but it’s the “eventually” part that is getting to me, you know?  I mean how much time does it take to repair and upregulate?  It’s the $50 million question and I’m stone broke.

Love, Sofa

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [so...]

• [Va...]

• [Fl...]

• [ne...]

I know what you mean, Sofa.  Sorry you're ill on top of all the rest of it.  Hope you get well soon.  Nice to hear from you even if it's not great news.❤️❤️

How are you guys?

Im not doing well. My dp/dr was lessening a tiny bit every week for the last half year but now its worse again for the last two weeks. Hate it. You get a bit of yourself back and then its taken away again. Its brutal.

Vanille,

Yes, this process is more than just frustrating.  It’s disheartening and it’s scary.  Think of it this way if you can.  What’s happening is a balancing act.  We are on a tightrope carrying a long pole to help us stay even.  Sometimes a gust of wind blows and we are thrown off kilter a bit.  We rebalance.  Then our foot slips to one side a little and we need to readjust.  We find balance again.  This dance of balance keeps happening until we are mostly healed and we can walk without a pole.  We step off the tightrope onto solid ground.  At first the ground feels funny when we walk.  We have just come off the tightrope.  We keep walking on solid ground for awhile and our steps become automatic.  We are now completely recovered.

Our receptors are rebalancing.  Homeostasis is where they are headed.  Gaba and glutamate are perfectly balanced when we are healed. 

Sofa

Just calling in to say hi everyone!

Sorry to hear we`re all still in the throes of this.

Pain here as usual and the bugger has moved down to my lower back now.

It has been BAD, so yes Vanille it`s brutal, we hope we`re getting better and then down we go again....and again....and again!

i hate it too .....absolutely despise the crap!!

Thanks Sofa for your words. Just wished durance of wd could be predicted. Or that it wouldnt take much longer. Scared it will still take years from now.

Wished we would go up and up and up Nevercantell!

Sofa.....I'm just checking in to see if your ok?

Hugs to everyone...had a bad flu bug this weekend...set me back some...

TM

Sofa....if tooth is still bothering you gurgle with warm salt water or Apple cider vinegar...it might help

• 4 weeks later...

Is this group still active?  I too am wondering why when you think you are getting so much better you get hit with a LONG period of terrible symptoms again.  I have gotten some comfort(what a word to use) from reading that others go through this too.  I just wish we could all get well.

There hasn't been much happening on here lately.  The person who started it has healed to the point where they are not on the forum much anymore.  I guess that is good but some of us just don't say too much any more because we don't know what to say when we still feel awful and don't have anything positive to offer.

Sorry you are still suffering.😢❤️❤️

Im off for 3,5 years now since last week. I am improving very slowely, physically and mentally.

Always afraid that talking about improvements will provoke a bad wave!

• 1 month later...
Hi there. I am 36 months off and have made good progress, but might be having a set back with a new symptom. Shakiness/weakness that seems like it could be a panic attack, but I haven't had any major anxiety attacks in so long. just wondering if anyone else experienced something like this?

Hi Buddies,

I’m still trudging along.  It’s getting easier, but I’m still in recovery healing slowly.  A wise benzo doctor said it takes years to grow a tree.  I suppose we’re all redwoods.

Sofa

• 7 months later...

Well,

I'm now 55 months off Klonopin and 50 months off Remeron. Much much better but still have stuff.

It looks like there are not many off this long, or even off 30+ months since there have been so few replies.  I posted a new topic about being off 55 months, and have had zero replies.  Maybe everyone else has totally healed and can't relate???

Anyway, just thought I" post here to see if anyone answers.  Thanks,

BT

• 1 month later...

Hello, is anyone here? :)

Now, it's almost 3 years, and I'm stuck on the couch. Many symptoms are gone, but still feel very ill. How are you doing?

Doesn't look like there are very many looking at this site, but, Translator, it'll happen. Just be patient, patient, patient.  As you saw above, I'm long off and while doing much better, it's still a roller coaster.      My own unscientific observations from many others are that it seems to be around when you are off your last drug for 5 + years that things really improve.     

I've been doing the DNRS program for almost two years. It has been very helpful but still takes time.  Be positive, avoid all negativity and negative thinking, and probably avoid looking at websites in which people are basking in their misery. So, hang in there .

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
30+ been hard considering the time it takes.  Am so tired of fighting/accepting wd this far out! Many symptoms have vanished for good but there are still a few left. 30+ have fewer symptoms for sure but the struggle for this long makes it worse, in another kind of way. I know we all will heal!

dont know if this is the place to be for me...... im from belgium and i am 30 months off and still have awfull symptoms can i describe my symptoms here?

so people can help or give info about my symptoms?

thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

39 months here. I feel 95% healed 95% of the time. I rarely get any waves and mostly just have some minor sxs that hover around like tinnitus (much lower than it used to be) and muscle twitches (much less frequent and intense than they used to be.

However, this week i’be been in a wave from hell. The worst in at least 2 years probably. It’s like i’m Back in acute with all of my old physical sxs full force

Terrible toxic/electric/buzzing sleep all night

Headaches

Nause

Tenitus

Benzo flu feeling

I’m just miserable. I’m hoping this wave lifts soon! I had aweek off of work and ate like garbage all week so I think that’s what triggered this wave. I’ve been able to eat whatever I want for a few years but I guess I just overdid it.

Month 30.... head pain / pressure, general malaise, fatigue still present most days. Still in the fight... not sure this is every going away at this point. Will be difficult at best to do another 6 months like this.

Good luck everyone... it's all we've got I think at this point.

Hi everyone, I’m 34 months out benzo and still dealing with a load of symptoms. My worst one is severe head/ scalp pain 24/7 . Never had a window and I’m so scared I never going to heal. I do have other symptoms too like tinnitus anxiety, left side body pain , thingling all over my body, sleep is very difficult. I sleep only 4-5 broken hrs in a good nights.

I can deal with anxiety and body pain but my head pain is still so severe I’m so scared it will never leave me.

Still not able to work or exercise. Mostly couch bound.

Is it normal to be so sick this far out?

Love and healing to you all

Vica

• 2 weeks later...
I've been off klonopin for 47 months (c/t detox in a rehab facility.)  They put me on gabapentin to help with the withdrawals but now I'm going through gabapentin withdrawals trying to taper off it.  This gabapentin is of the devil just like klonopin and the withdrawals suck.  I really can't say how much of my misery is gabapentin and how much is residual from the klonopin. 

I'm 53 months off and am being hit by a very bad wave right now after having a virus.  Weakness, numbness, cold hands stomach totally messed up, heart beats fast, chest pain, bac and neck pain, shaky, fear, and many more.  I feel like it's hopeless to ever be back to normal or near normal.