Bozobertie' march out to 6 months ..

[bo...]

Anyone else read 'the Benzo Devil'. Rob Pharayzn .. only published this year and has to be the best book I've read on withdrawal . Probably more so ( for me)  because it's written by a NZ'er but I have to keep taking a breath and putting it down .. it is so accurate , so real ... can't recommend enough.

Edit .. whoops that sounded arrogant ! Saying it was better because it was written by a NZ'er ! Meant more so for me ! Not for anyone else ! Lol .. can still highighly recommend it though for all.

• 3 weeks later...

Nine months today !!!

Who would ever have thought .. I feel I want to write it all over the whole forum !!

Doing well overall ... the sleep is still not great but from what I read others experience that  for quite some time also.

but mostly everything else is improved. Still experience sudden agrophobia  in crowds , mild anxiety , and health anxiety ..but it's nothing as intense as before.. I'm even hoping to travel overseas again in the next little while . A huge step forward that I am even considering it !

No more sudden heart palps, erratic BP, night time panic , and all those things that go with withdrawal ..

I'm one happy camper ... xxxxx

• 1 month later...

Ten months ! Wow!

Had a particularly bad wave after writing my last post that was horrible but when I look back on it now didn't even come close to the previous three years. Just felt like it at the time.

Sometimes I look at myself in a  mirror , or reflection in a shop window , when I'm out and feel like doing a little dance. Is that really me! Out in the middle of a mall ? Shopping with hundreds of other people? I refrain from the dance as I feel I might get strange looks!! It really is incredible though .. anyone reading this and going through the gruelling day to day life of withdrawal and tapering, it is worth it. I know you can't see it right now, you can't feel it will ever be possible  but it is absolutely worth it .. it does eventually happen ...you just gotta hang on for the ride...xx

REally Happy for you Bertie!! What and inspiration and hope for those of is still in the midst.  I turn 59 this year , and I'm expecting at the rate I'm going I'll be about your age by the time I'm done . I'm having a very difficult taper even with going very slowly . But I DO believe I will get there !

We really do heal from this ordeal don;t we?

Love, Miyu :smitten:

PS , TMB , how are you??? Check in on the LHSG and let us know how you are