Does this cross over plan sound accurate?

[Pi...]

I thought I was supposed to take 0.5mg Klonopin and 5mg Valium for the 2 weeks and then go up to 10mg after that THEN start cutting the Klonopin! Am I wrong?

Please be careful. This may result in ending up on 0.5mg Klonopin and 10mg Valium at the same time, and being unable to come off of Klonopin, and getting stuck on 0.5mg Klonopin and 10mg Valium. That's why crossovers are so hard.

It seems to me that you are in a pretty bad withdrawal and your body may be literally screaming for a higher dose of benzos, which may easily result in ending up on both Klonopin and Valium without an ability to cut down your Klonopin. Essentially, you may end up doubling your dose. The idea would be to cut down on Klonopin while adding Valium, so you eventually convert to all doses valium.

But why would you immediately cut the Klonopin when the Valium isn't built up in the system yet??? That would cause extreme symtoms.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pi...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

• [mo...]

You can dry cut it's fine, but not as accurate. The reason I mentioned the liquid is because you don't have to know how if you can find a compounding pharmacy. You don't know about dry cut either but you are asking the question.

I don't want to frustrate you, this time is bad enough

Take small steps, move slow  :thumbsup:

Is what I'm experiencing normal for taking the Valium??? I feel sooo HORRIBLE!!! I feel like a ZOMBIE!! MY MIND IS SOOO OUT OF IT!!! I'M SCARED!!! 😭😭😭

Valium can make people very off, weird, groggy, depressed and disoriented. It's a very common feeling. That's why it is generally recommended to taper off of the benzo you are on (Klonopin), if you can.

When crossing over to Valium, Valium has to build up in the system, but everyone responds differently. Some people can add 5mg of valium and cut .25 mg of Klonopin ok, but, there are many, many people that have to add a much smaller amount of valium and reduce a much smaller amount of klonopin. So, we have to listen to our brains and bodies more than anything else. If our brains and bodies are screaming and protesting, then, either the crossover is too fast or it's maybe better to just stay on the original benzo.

Basically, I had to do it by listening to my own body, and adding small amounts of valium (2.5mg) whie making micro-cuts to ativan. That was the only way it worked for me.

Is what I'm experiencing normal for taking the Valium??? I feel sooo HORRIBLE!!! I feel like a ZOMBIE!! MY MIND IS SOOO OUT OF IT!!! I'M SCARED!!! 😭😭😭

Valium can make people very groggy, depressed and disoriented. It's a very common feeling. That's why it is generally recommended to taper off of the benzo you are on (Klonopin), if you can.

When crossing over to Valium, Valium has to build up in the system, but everyone responds differently. Some people can add 5mg of valium and cut .25 mg of Klonopin ok, but, there are many, many people that have to add a much smaller amount of valium and reduce a much smaller amount of klonopin. So, we have to listen to our brains and bodies more than anything else. If our brains and bodies are screaming and protesting, then, either the crossover is too fast or it's maybe better to just stay on the original benzo.

Basically, I had to do it by listening to my own body, and adding small amounts of valium (2.5mg) whie making micro-cuts to ativan. That was the only way it worked for me.

So if I crossed over to Valium, I would be feeling THIS way the whole time???

It is very possible that you would. If it is making you feel weird, that may mean that you are not responding to valium very well. Please do listen to your body. It is telling you what it can and what it can't handle.

It is very possible that you would. If it is making you feel weird, that may mean that you are not responding to valium very well. Please do listen to your body. It is telling you what it can and what it can't handle.

Is this weird or normal? I don't know why I'm still having all this extreme Panic, intrusive thoughts , heart palps and burning!!!! It's worse today!

I don't know how much Klonopin to cut, how often, do I take 5mg or 10mg right now? Sooo confused!!!

Hi snowflake. Sorry you are struggling. Here is Ashton crossover from K to V. Take a look at this..hope it is helpful to you.

Schedule 6. Withdrawal from clonazepam (Klonopin) 3mg

daily with substitution of diazepam (Valium).

(1 mg clonazepam is equivalent to 20mg diazepam)

Morning

Midday/Afternoon

Evening/Night

Daily Diazepam

Equivalent

Starting dosage clonazepam 1mg clonazepam 1mg clonazepam 1mg

60mg

Stage 1

(1-2 weeks) clonazepam 1mg clonazepam 1mg clonazepam 0.5mg

diazepam 10mg

60mg

Stage 2

(1-2 weeks) clonazepam 0.5mg

diazepam 10mg clonazepam 1mg clonazepam 0.5mg

diazepam 10mg

60mg

Stage 3

diazepam 10mg clonazepam 0.5mg

diazepam 5mg clonazepam 0.5mg

diazepam 10mg

55mg

Stage 4

diazepam 5mg Stop clonazepam

diazepam 15mg

50mg

Stage 5

(1-2 weeks) clonazepam 0.25mg

diazepam 5mg diazepam 15mg

45mg

Stage 6

diazepam 10mg clonazepam 0.25mg

40mg

Stage 7

(1-2 weeks) Stop clonazepam

35mg

Stage 8

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 10mg Stop clonazepam

30mg

Stage 9

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 10mg diazepam 2.5mg diazepam 15mg

27.5mg

Stage 10

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 12mg Stop diazepam diazepam 15mg

27mg

Stage 11

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 10mg

--

diazepam 15mg

25mg

Stage 12

--

diazepam 14mg

24mg

Stage 13

--

diazepam 12mg

22mg

Stage 14

--

diazepam 10mg

20mg

Continue from Schedule 5, Stage 10

Schedule 6 Notes:

The small reduction (27.5mg to 27mg) between Stages 9 and 10 is to allow you to adjust to twice daily dose.

Here is a link to ashton manual:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

Can I dry shave valium? I want to start off at 10mg then 9.5mg,9mg,8.5mg,8mg ect. Taking off 0.5mg every few weeks. Can I use a razor and scale and successfully do it that way? Because I don't understand how to do a liquid taper. And I can only get 10mg pills!

yes, you can dry cut & weigh V. Here is a thread that has lots of info on it:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.0

I don't know how much Klonopin to cut, how often, do I take 5mg or 10mg right now? Sooo confused!!!

Hi snowflake. Sorry you are struggling. Here is Ashton crossover from K to V. Take a look at this..hope it is helpful to you.

Schedule 6. Withdrawal from clonazepam (Klonopin) 3mg

daily with substitution of diazepam (Valium).

(1 mg clonazepam is equivalent to 20mg diazepam)

Morning

Midday/Afternoon

Evening/Night

Daily Diazepam

Equivalent

Starting dosage clonazepam 1mg clonazepam 1mg clonazepam 1mg

60mg

Stage 1

(1-2 weeks) clonazepam 1mg clonazepam 1mg clonazepam 0.5mg

diazepam 10mg

60mg

Stage 2

diazepam 10mg clonazepam 1mg clonazepam 0.5mg

diazepam 10mg

60mg

Stage 3

diazepam 5mg clonazepam 0.5mg

diazepam 10mg

55mg

Stage 4

diazepam 5mg Stop clonazepam

diazepam 15mg

50mg

Stage 5

45mg

Stage 6

40mg

Stage 7

(1-2 weeks) Stop clonazepam

35mg

Stage 8

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 10mg Stop clonazepam

30mg

Stage 9

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 10mg diazepam 2.5mg diazepam 15mg

27.5mg

Stage 10

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 12mg Stop diazepam diazepam 15mg

27mg

Stage 11

--

diazepam 15mg

25mg

Stage 12

--

diazepam 14mg

24mg

Stage 13

--

diazepam 12mg

22mg

Stage 14

--

diazepam 10mg

20mg

Continue from Schedule 5, Stage 10

Schedule 6 Notes:

The small reduction (27.5mg to 27mg) between Stages 9 and 10 is to allow you to adjust to twice daily dose.

Here is a link to ashton manual:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

I'm not sure how to read the Ashton Manual because I'm not on those doses!

Can I dry shave valium? I want to start off at 10mg then 9.5mg,9mg,8.5mg,8mg ect. Taking off 0.5mg every few weeks. Can I use a razor and scale and successfully do it that way? Because I don't understand how to do a liquid taper. And I can only get 10mg pills!

yes, you can dry cut & weigh V. Here is a thread that has lots of info on it:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.0

I've read those posts and they are not helpful!

Okay so I'm now down to 0.5mg Klonopin so I told the doctor I need 10mg valium.  So he said to take 5mg valium for 2 weeks then go up to 10mg and to completely get off the Klonopin during the first 2 weeks.  That doesn't sound right to me.

Or should I cut my 0.5mg Klonopin into 4ths and take off 1/4 a week for 4 weeks?

Do I start off at 5 or 10mg Valium?

How do I taper the Klonopin? Do I cut big chunks off for a few weeks or slowly taper?

How long do I wait to start cutting the Klonopin?

Is this an easy cross over?

Someone please help, I'm confused.

I

Okay so I'm now down to 0.5mg Klonopin so I told the doctor I need 10mg valium.  So he said to take 5mg valium for 2 weeks then go up to 10mg and to completely get off the Klonopin during the first 2 weeks.  That doesn't sound right to me.

Or should I cut my 0.5mg Klonopin into 4ths and take off 1/4 a week for 4 weeks?

How do I taper the Klonopin? Do I cut big chunks off for a few weeks or slowly taper?

Hey there-

Sorry you are having such a difficult time finding help on this forum. It may be folks online simply do not have answers regarging K to V crossover. who knows...

If I were in your shoes I would cut K tablet in quarters & take 3 quarters of a .5mgK tablet & 1/4 10mgV tablet 1st week & see how you feel. Paying attention to how you are feeling is important. This process is not linear so what my work for one may not for another.

Then the next week take 1/2 .5mgK tablet & 1/2 10mg V tablet  etc. 

Hope this helps you some.

I

Hey there-

Sorry you are having such a difficult time finding help on this forum. It may be folks online simply do not have answers regarging K to V crossover. who knows...

If I were in your shoes I would cut K tablet in quarters & take 3 quarters of a .5mgK tablet & 1/4 10mgV tablet 1st week & see how you feel. Paying attention to how you are feeling is important. This process is not linear so what my work for one may not for another.

Then the next week take 1/2 .5mgK tablet & 1/2 10mg V tablet  etc. 

Hope this helps you some.

Are you supposed to cut the Klonopin every week? And can I start at 5mg Valium?

Yes, the idea is to slowly cut back on the K & add the equivalent in V. Start out slow & hold dosage or subtract according to HOW YOU FEEL :thumbsup:

Yes, the idea is to slowly cut back on the K & add the equivalent in V. Start out slow & hold dosage or subtract according to HOW YOU FEEL :thumbsup:

But I only have 10mg Vallium pills so I can only take 5 or 10mg Valium.

[57...]

I refrained from advising you since:

1. You've given contradictory histories.

2. You don't seem to agree with your doctor.

3. You seem unable to cut your pills into small pieces or obtain low-dose pills.

Despite that, you seem in desperate need of a plan.

I can suggest a plan starting from 0.5mg clonazepam based on your limitations,

but beware that it's RISKY and should be discussed with a doctor.

1. Buy a pill splitter.

2. 0.25mg clonazepam + 5mg diazepam for a week.

3. 10mg diazepam for a week.

4. Use the splitter to cut your diazepam in 2.5mg pieces.

5. Reduce your dose by that amount every 3-4 weeks.

NOTE: I would only consider trying this as a last resort.